THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
laugh.gif

Kyrie graded out as a better defender than Conley in every aspect, he's still not that good but Conley was worse, he just plays on a better defensive team.

Kyrie does his best work in the half court so I don't see how a slow pace hurts him.

Where does Kyrie grade out as a better defender than Conley?

He's never had a better DBPM than Conley, even though Conley's wasn't that good this season. He's never had a higher DWS. He's never had a better DRTG. He also had a lower DRPM than Conley the last two seasons.

I'm guessing most basketball minds perception of Conley is completely wrong for thinking he's a great defender on most nights. :lol: .

Last edited:
I don't think some of yall get it.

Kyrie can handle like Steph? Yes
Can he shoot like Steph? No
Is he a great shooter though? Yes
Is he a playmaker? No! And that's the problem.

He's also a awful defender, off ball and on ball, awful rebounder and avg IQ.

Westbrook is good. But he just doesn't know when to stop shooting the damn ball and actually give it up. Therefore he'll never win a chip.

Kyrie can win a chip but not by leading the team. He has to just continue to play off ball and let Bron be the facilitator for him to win.

CP3 is the 2nd best PG. No explanation needed.

Kyrie graded out as a better defender than Conley in every aspect, he's still not that good but Conley was worse, he just plays on a better defensive team.

Kyrie does his best work in the half court so I don't see how a slow pace hurts him.
Kyrie pre-LeBron did his best work in the half court? Link?

He's never had a better DBPM than Conley, even though Conley's wasn't that good this season. He's never had a higher DWS. He's never had a better DRTG. He also had a lower DRPM than Conley the last two seasons.

I'm guessing most basketball minds perception of Conley is completely wrong for thinking he's a great defender on most nights.
laugh.gif
kyrie has a higher DOMAF though 

I'm guessing most basketball minds perception of Conley is completely wrong for thinking he's a great defender on most nights. :lol: .

They are.

These past two seasons he's been a negative individually. I'm not attributing Memphis defensive prowess to him, it's more scheme, Tony Allen and Marc.

Lee has been a better defender than Conley for 2 years now.

Last year, he was in the bottom 20th percentile defending against pick and roll, Kyrie was 60th.

He was also lower in ISO situations than Kyrie.

& Yes most basketball pundits are full of **** and just repeat narratives even after they lose weight.

Kyrie pre-LeBron did his best work in the half court? Link?

?

He's always been a dominant ISO player, that's all he could be with the trash Cleveland put around him his first couple years.

Those teams played at a very slow pace, he's never had to rely on transition because he's a 40% 3pt shooter and one of the best finishers at the rim.

?

He's always been a dominant ISO player, that's all he could be with the trash Cleveland put around him his first couple years.

Those teams played at a very slow pace, he's never had to rely on transition because he's a 40% 3pt shooter and one of the best finishers at the rim.
Exactly. How does his ISO play mesh with ZBO and Gasol? That doesn't seem like a match made in heaven and an instant upgrade like you suggest

They are.

These past two seasons he's been a negative individually. I'm not attributing Memphis defensive prowess to him, it's more scheme, Tony Allen and Marc.

Lee has been a better defender than Conley for 2 years now.

Last year, he was in the bottom 20th percentile defending against pick and roll, Kyrie was 60th.

He was also lower in ISO situations than Kyrie.

& Yes most basketball pundits are full of **** and just repeat narratives even after they lose weight.

And this probably has a lot to do with it...

It's no secret that Mike Conley's been hurting for a while now. Conley's had a number of injuries, starting with a foot sprain in early January, which led to a sequence where he injured both ankles in back to back games on Jan. 13 and 14.

There is a reason why Conley was coming off his best season in the NBA in 2013-14 and started 2014-15 off with career numbers until his body fell apart after the calendar year changed. Now, if you want to go look at when Conley was healthy about a year and a half ago, he was #1 in isolation defense giving up 0.66 PPP min 100 possessions. Avery Bradley and Westbrook trailed him.

I don't think Conley just automatically became an average defender over night and that Kyrie is just as good as him (or better from what you're trying to tell me). When healthy, Kyrie is not touching Mike defensively.

Last edited:
Btw, I wouldn't say Conley is an upgrade over Irving in Cleveland. It's definitely system and teammate dependent 

Irving is obviously younger and is already as good or slightly better than Conley so that isn't a discussion in terms of going into the next 5 years

Btw, I wouldn't say Conley is an upgrade over Irving in Cleveland. It's definitely system and teammate dependent 

Irving is obviously younger and is already as good or slightly better than Conley so that isn't a discussion in terms of going into the next 5 years

That I agree with. If we are talking long-term outlook, I'll take Kyrie over Conley.

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo  
34 days until NBA season: 

Dwyane Wade turns 34 this season, playing on 1-yr/$20M deal. Wade has never been Heat's highest-paid player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom