THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Faux News did not just put elite and Wes Johnson in the same sentence, I just got my eyes checked a few weeks ago. 

Also, if Clips were to trade Crawford...it should be for a Small forward. Having Wesley Johnson as your starter will not win you a championship. And with PP potentially playing PF...you don't have much to work with unless you have Lance at SF.
Wesley was a borderline elite shooter 
Kevin-Love-and-Wesley-Johnson-high-five-fail.-Imgur.gif

3 tips to get ahead in life

1. always work hard

2. whatever you set out to do, go online and study the best practices

3. dont put your faith in wes johnson

3 tips to get ahead in life

1. always work hard

2. whatever you set out to do, go online and study the best practices

3. dont put your faith in wes johnson
Wes Johnson could absolutely be a bust on the Clips and be out the league by this time next year. However, during his time in the league thus far he's shown the capacity to be a very good 3 point shooter, especially from the Corners. He shot the ball from deep pretty good w/LAL, so it's not even that big of a stretch to suggest he could replicate that w/Chris Paul and Blake Griffin delivering those passes instead of Lin and Clarkson.

It's silly to suggest that there's no chance that he works out w/LAC. 

We'll see what happens, bro. But for some perspective, recall that most Lakers fans said Pau was completely washed before last season. So they're not always the most objective about their former players.
Proof is in da pudding B. 90% of the guys that leave here either forget how to play basketball or just completely disappear from the league. The purp and gold is that serious. I mean you guys had Jordan Farmar not to long ago too right?

Proof is in da pudding B. 90% of the guys that leave here either forget how to play basketball or just completely disappear from the league. The purp and gold is that serious. I mean you guys had Jordan Farmar not to long ago too right?

Ugh. Don't remind me. ******* bum.

wonder how much longer the bulls will put up with him
He must get the sense they don't intend to pay him full market value. Why else would you bring up Free Agency and being financially secure when asked what you worked on over the summer.

He said that with regards to his motivation this summer. He was explaining how focused he was to get back to that level.

Brandon Jennings basically said the same thing and no one batted an eye.

I'm legitimately wondering what Lakers fans were expecting from Wes Johnson? Was he supposed to turn into an all-star and lead them to the playoffs? He basically played to the level of everyone he was surrounded by.

He's terrible at everything to do with basketball, was an essential cog to the tank though.

He said that with regards to his motivation this summer. He was explaining how focused he was to get back to that level.

Brandon Jennings basically said the same thing and no one batted an eye.

At the end of the day I think it's ridiculous to criticize athletes about monetary value and worth. These owners are billionaires and these franchises are merely side investments that they're making more billions off of. Fans got some nerve to have such strong public opinions of how these dudes maneuver and negotiate their deals. I'm sure if we actually sat down and got to look at the books, we'd see that these dudes are actually underpaid in the grand scheme of things.

Who's looking at your careers and having debates over what your worth is as an administrative assistant? Who's coming into Finish Line and telling you dudes you called in sick too many times so you shouldn't be asking for an extra $5 a pay period? It's one thing as a sports fan to talk about the financial side of the game when it pertains to actual strategic discussions about roster moves. But when that turns into dudes talking about what so and deserves and what they don't....that's ridiculous. Execs sit in offices and trade these dudes like stocks but we as fans are ready to burn players at the stake the minute they have an opinion on their worth that we don't agree with.

Last edited:
wes johnson is the jeremy lin of small forwards

he will put up empty stats when down by 30 but when you need him to make a play everything that can possibly go wrong goes wrong

I'm legitimately wondering what Lakers fans were expecting from Wes Johnson? Was he supposed to turn into an all-star and lead them to the playoffs? He basically played to the level of everyone he was surrounded by.
he was alright... i hated jeremy lin , carlos boozer , jordan hill way more then wes johnson. i think he can be alright on the clippers. 

wes johnson is the jeremy lin of small forwards

he will put up empty stats when down by 30 but when you need him to make a play everything that can possibly go wrong goes wrong

Yeah, couldn't you say that about everyone on the last couple Lakers teams? There's a reason they were a lottery teams 2 years running.

Lakers were unfair to him by making him a starter. He's not that good

He's good as like a 10th man. You can get by with that from him. A solid 15 minutes.

Starter? He'll disappoint you forever.

Because he'll have moments where it looks like this guy has all the tools then he stumbles into a Not Top 10 play and realize he has every tool, but can never put them together.

Last edited:
Butler on Rose taking facial elbow: "Didn’t really see the play. I was probably too busy waiting for the ball to come back to me."
3:07 PM - 29 Sep 2015

Lol I don't know if I'm reading too much into that but....

Lakers were unfair to him by making him a starter. He's not that good

He's good as like a 10th man. You can get by with that from him. A solid 15 minutes.

Starter? He'll disappoint you forever.

Because he'll have moments where it looks like this guy has all the tools then he stumbles into a Not Top 10 play and realize he has every tool, but can never put them together.
This is perhaps true.

However my caveat is that with the players the Clippers have on their team, he'll probably hover around 20 minutes anyway if that. Whether he starts or not. However, there's something to be said about Someone like wes playing as a starter with CP, Blake, JJ and Deandre. You are right, he isn't that good which is why he may look better playing with elite guys. Perhaps him playing with the Clippers starters will be best for him. There's no reason why he cant duplicate what Matt did last year, albeit not from a pure production standpoint since he'll most certainly play less.

But this is all null and void to me because I don't think Doc will pull the trigger and start wes over paul pierce anyway

Last edited:
This is perhaps true.

However my caveat is that with the players the Clippers have on their team, he'll probably hover around 20 minutes anyway if that. Whether he starts or not. However, there's something to be said about Someone like wes playing as a starter with CP, Blake, JJ and Deandre. You are right, he isn't that good which is why he may look better playing with elite guys. Perhaps him playing with the Clippers starters will be best for him. There's no reason why he cant duplicate what Matt did last year, albeit not from a pure production standpoint since he'll most certainly play less.

But this is all null and void to me because I don't think Doc will pull the trigger and start wes over paul pierce anyway

You may be right that he won't end up being the full-time starter, but he's going go start a fair number of games regardless. I see Doc pulling a Pop and just resting Pierce some games.

Butler on Rose taking facial elbow: "Didn’t really see the play. I was probably too busy waiting for the ball to come back to me."
3:07 PM - 29 Sep 2015

Lol I don't know if I'm reading too much into that but....
laugh.gif

On a semi related note, What's the word on Fred? What have the players been saying about him?

You may be right that he won't end up being the full-time starter, but he's going go start a fair number of games regardless. I see Doc pulling a Pop and just resting Pierce some games.
True. For sure. He definitely is just going to sit him out some games, especially during the 2nd half of the season. But whenever Paul isn't resting and sitting, I think he'll be the starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom