THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zbo contract up... Fam getting old, he my G, but getting old...

I need cousins or Aldridge in that 4 spot next to Gasol..

Zbo contract up... Fam getting old, he my G, but getting old...

I need cousins or Aldridge in that 4 spot next to Gasol..

He can still ball. Hasnt been declining. All Memphis needs are knock down shooters so teams dont crowd the paint. Courtney Lee is the only wing. TA cant shoot.

[quote name="lawdog1"][quote name="PMatic"]Duke prospects are only as good as the expectations one should have for them.

Expecting Mike Dunleavy Jr. to be Larry Bird sets yourself up for failure.[/quote]Well said.[/quote]That's a copout, because it can be used in defense of literally every single person, in everything, ever.

You mentioned Larry Bird. Let's say he was still the same at Indiana State, but let's say he was an absolute BUST in the NBA.

Now here I am in 2015 talking about how big of a bust he was because he never even took Boston to the playoffs, and your response could absolutely be, "He was decent. Just because he beasted in college and didn't in the NBA, that doesn't make him a bust, because he's only as good as the expectations one should have for him."

And that defense is completely the opposite of what the draft and projections are about.

It's not just blindly picking names out of a hat and pretending everyone is equally unpredictable. There's a reason players projected in the 3rd round are not being talked about today, while Dekker, Okafor, KAT, WCS, Mudiay, and Okafor are. So for Mudiay to retire after 7 years because no one really wants him and his 3.2 ppg & 1.4 apg, that would be a bust; forget 'Well people shouldn't have expected greatness from him.'

Last edited:
That's probably why I don't have good feelings about Winslow. I don't want the Knicks to draft him. :lol:

Winslow is way overrated in this draft IMO...but it looks like I'm the only one who doesn't like his game

Memphis with the goon squad :smokin

:lol: ....Memphis vs GSW and OKC next year will be must see TV.

I know there aren't many Hornets fans on the board but i can't figure out what Charlotte is doing. Henderson was your best offensive player and Vonleh had a TON of potential...and you trade that away to get Batum? They gotta be thinking they are going to draft Kaminsky to go with Al or Booker, but unless they move up there is a real good chance both will be gone by 9. It could break righ for them but MJ doesn't have the best track record with the draft.

[quote name="Chester McFloppy"]Aldridge is too soft for Memphis.[/quote]Dat QUICK heel turn. :wow: :lol:

I know there aren't many Hornets fans on the board but i can't figure out what Charlotte is doing. Henderson was your best offensive player and Vonleh had a TON of potential...and you trade that away to get Batum? They gotta be thinking they are going to draft Kaminsky to go with Al or Booker, but unless they move up there is a real good chance both will be gone by 9. It could break righ for them but MJ doesn't have the best track record with the draft.

Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress 2m
Told Charlotte had concerns about Noah Vonleh's acclimation to NBA. Had difficulties picking up on plays. Questions about his feel for game.

If that's how they really felt about Vonleh, might as well sell high while you can. Batum is an upgrade on the wing over MKG as long as he's healthy.

If that's how they really felt about Vonleh, might as well sell high while you can. Batum is an upgrade on the wing over MKG as long as he's healthy.

..but dude was basically a college sophmore last season...what'd they expect? I just don't agree with picking a guy that high and givin up on him after one season...you knew he was raw when you picked him. They had to know he'd take 2-3 years to be what he could become. Batum...yeah he's an upgrade over MKG, but who wouldn't be an upgrade over MKG? Dude is an awful offensive player.

They better be a lock to get Kaminsky or Booker...otherwise the team is going to be back to the 10-20 wins days.

Last edited:
RT @ESPNSteinLine After lining up deal for Matt Barnes, word is Grizz among teams pursuing trade for Denver's Danilo Gallinari as they look to add shooting.

The Grizz knew I was pissed and trying to make me happy. :lol:

“@AlbertBreer: Wow ... @WindhorstESPN just said that if Okafor slips to 3, the Celtics are ready to send a monster package to Philly to get him.”

That's a copout, because it can be used in defense of literally every single person, in everything, ever.

You mentioned Larry Bird. Let's say he was still the same at Indiana State, but let's say he was an absolute BUST in the NBA.

Now here I am in 2015 talking about how big of a bust he was because he never even took Boston to the playoffs, and your response could absolutely be, "He was decent. Just because he beasted in college and didn't in the NBA, that doesn't make him a bust, because he's only as good as the expectations one should have for him."

And that defense is completely the opposite of what the draft and projections are about.

It's not just blindly picking names out of a hat and pretending everyone is equally unpredictable. There's a reason players projected in the 3rd round are not being talked about today, while Dekker, Okafor, KAT, WCS, Mudiay, and Okafor are. So for Mudiay to retire after 7 years because no one really wants him and his 3.2 ppg & 1.4 apg, that would be a bust; forget 'Well people shouldn't have expected greatness from him.'

But who out of Duke has really been projected as a superstar recently? I guess Kyrie and he's already an all-star. Even with Okafor, although he might go as high as number 2, most of the analysts I hear talk about him don't think he's going to be a top 10 player. Just a real productive guy who lasts in the league for a while. And that's what Duke produces consistently. Reddick, Dunleavy, Brand, Battier, etc. -- had/have had careers where they were solid contributors to mostly playoff teams. Superstars? No. Good team pieces? Absolutely.

And riddle me this - what college program is consistently producing NBA all-stars? Even Kentucky, which recruits like half the all-americans in the country every year has produced its fair share of disappointments. Only AD and Cousins are the true stars that have come out of Kentucky recently. So I don't know that there's any more reason to single Duke players out -- aside from the fact that you probably just don't like Duke, which is fine. A lot of people feel the same way,

But who out of Duke has really been projected as a superstar recently? I guess Kyrie and he's already an all-star. Even with Okafor, although he might go as high as number 2, most of the analysts I hear talk about him don't think he's going to be a top 10 player. Just a real productive guy who lasts in the league for a while. And that's what Duke produces consistently. Reddick, Dunleavy, Brand, Battier, etc. -- had/have had careers where they were solid contributors to mostly playoff teams. Superstars? No. Good team pieces? Absolutely.

And riddle me this - what college program is consistently producing NBA all-stars? Even Kentucky, which recruits like half the all-americans in the country every year has produced its fair share of disappointments. Only AD and Cousins are the true stars that have come out of Kentucky recently. So I don't know that there's any more reason to single Duke players out -- aside from the fact that you probably just don't like Duke, which is fine. A lot of people feel the same way,
John Wall isn't too shabby either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom