THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Originally Posted 

The Thunder preparing to go way into the tax, as a repeater (since they broke into it for the first time last yr to sign Dion Waiters and give away a pick to do so), to end up paying Kantner more than Harden, after having finally given up on Jeremy Lamb who came in from that trade to get Ridnour who then just got flipped for cash and a future 2nd rd pick.
Singler put them over the cap. 
 The plan was always to spend big when Russ and KD were hitting their primes.
— Royce Young (@royceyoung) July 2, 2015
The acquisition of Dion Waiters is what put them in the tax.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine · 2m2 minutes ago
DeAndre Jordan is in the midst of getting a face-to-face pitch from Phil Jackson and the rest of the Knicks' contingent as we speak

:lol: I remember like it was yesterday that yall were saying Jason Kidd had absolutely no idea what he's doing. Posting ya cute lil memes and such. Now folks acting like he's the second coming of Red Auerbach

:lol: I remember like it was yesterday that yall were saying Jason Kidd had absolutely no idea what he's doing. Posting ya cute lil memes and such. Now folks acting like he's the second coming of Red Auerbach
aye going from "hit me" to almost knocking out a top seeded eastern conf squad he deserves everything coming to him

Nah I think folks was talkin bout Doc

Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard
Add Lakers to list of Houston, Dallas, Clippers, Phoenix being those who've registered interest in @Amareisreal as back-up big, sources say

Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA
The New York Knicks are ramping up their pursuit of restricted free agent Patrick Beverley, per sources. The two sides are talking a lot.

Josh Robbins @JoshuaBRobbins
Rob Hennigan: "We'll continue to look at the free agents that are available. We'll continue to look at trade opportunities. We still have quite a bit of cap space. Our tune has not changed. We'll continue to look for opportunities. And if we feel like the opportunities make really good sense, then we'll be as aggressive as anyone to try to complete a deal."

Eric Pincus @EricPincus
Trade kickers don't apply to option years when they're options - do when they are taken ahead of time

Jeff Zillgitt @JeffZillgitt
Tim Duncan is returning for at least another season, he told the San Antonio Express-News, but details of contract have not been finalized.

Last edited:
Bucks have no shooting outside of Middleton. Not sure how Monroe works there.

Jabari and Gianni's need to start shootings 3's. They averaged like 1 3attempted per game combined.

Just another quick not about Enes Kanter.

The pairing of Kanter and Ibaka gave up 110 points per 100.

Also, there really aren't any positive combinations that include Kanter.

I think none, actually.

Yep. Just saying, I don't see OKC winning because of Kanter in the playoffs. I'm positive he will not be apart of their best lineups. Not saying they cannot win with Kanter on the roster :lol: . It just defeats the purpose of them giving him all this money when they can do just fine and probably go all the way without him because of Adams and Ibaka. If Adams or Ibaka gets injured, then your defense will suck regardless of Kanter being on the floor or another big. I also don't think Kanter will be the big difference maker if Adams or Ibaka went down.

Basically, Kanter puts up these big numbers, but doesn't really contribute to winning. He may change and work his **** off defensively, though.

Last edited:
Greg Monroe's agent David Falk told me: "All four teams we met with offered the max for 1, 2, 3 or 4 years - whatever we wanted."

Howard Beck @HowardBeck
I do know that Knicks have had discussions about reacquiring Lee. But they had to explore all FA options first. It's a possibility.

Chris Haynes @ChrisBHaynes
Not a vast gap between Tristan Thompson and #Cavs, I'm told. No animosity, it's just part of the process. Striking deal ongoing.

Last edited:
Baynes 
frown.gif
. We need bigs still that hurts.

Just another quick not about Enes Kanter.

The pairing of Kanter and Ibaka gave up 110 points per 100.

Also, there really aren't any positive combinations that include Kanter.

I think none, actually.
Yep. Just saying, I don't see OKC winning because of Kanter in the playoffs. I'm positive he will not be apart of their best lineups. Not saying they cannot win with Kanter on the roster
laugh.gif
. It just defeats the purpose of them giving him all this money when they can do just fine and probably go all the way without him because of Adams and Ibaka. If Adams or Ibaka gets injured, then your defense will suck regardless of Kanter being on the floor or another big. I also don't think Kanter will be the big difference maker if Adams or Ibaka went down.

Basically, Kanter puts up these big numbers, but doesn't really contribute to winning. He may change and work his **** off defensively, though.
Right.

The only unknown here is how he'd perform on the floor with Kevin Durant.

That's it.

only want Pat Bev if we can also get RoLo

PG isn't as big a need as signing a big man

Last edited:
Greg Monroe's agent David Falk told me: "All four teams we met with offered the max for 1, 2, 3 or 4 years - whatever we wanted."
They gave that ***** a pen n paper, talkin bout, write your own contract

I do know that Knicks have had discussions about reacquiring Lee. But they had to explore all FA options first. It's a possibility.
that would be a great fit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom