THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not mad at the Brewer deal at all, especially compared to other deals. This probably means that Josh Smith is gone, even though he could take a smaller deal since the Pistons will be paying him for the next 15 years

I'd hope Josh takes a smaller deal ... with the Clippers. I wonder how he'd feel about playing center?

Come on brah. Rockets turned down Parsons. Could have matched but realized Parsons wasn't worth it.

Ariza might be one of the best value contracts in the L. Getting paid the same as Brewer.

I think Cuban was secretly hoping the Rockets would match his offer to Parsons, sticking him with an outlandish deal. But in the end, that ridiculous contract netted him DJ.

Cuban just wins at every turn.

I honestly think the clippers are the only professional basketball team I absolutely hate.
They join UNC and Duke. It must be a combo of NT, CP3, and Doc.

Come on brah. Rockets turned down Parsons. Could have matched but realized Parsons wasn't worth it.

Ariza might be one of the best value contracts in the L. Getting paid the same as Brewer.

I think Cuban was secretly hoping the Rockets would match his offer to Parsons, sticking him with an outlandish deal. But in the end, that ridiculous contract netted him DJ.

Cuban just wins at every turn.

Ummmm....you sure?

I'd hope Josh takes a smaller deal ... with the Clippers. I wonder how he'd feel about playing center?

ewww, I hate Josh. Someone will give him $8+ per.

We need to just sit tight, grab a serviceable guy for cheap, and have $35M in cap space next year to go after KD. I'm ready to play some small ball this year.

Agree completely about Ariza. He's underpaid.

We're really not though. Still have 3/5 of our starting 5, already improved at SF and a potentially dynamic bench/utility player. We'll find a defensively adequate center. Losing DJ is by no means a reason to hit the panic button.

Really? I'm thinking you guys lost a pretty big core of your group especially Deandre. Not gonna be as much easy lobs for the Clips. I don't know man, I think this offseason has made y'all worse. Lance is pretty damn garbage and nothing to really feel great about, imo.

Koufos S&T to Clippers
Mo Wiliams S&T to Memphis
Jamal Crawford, Hamilton, Hudson (about $7M) to Charlotte

Last edited:
Curious to see how DJ adapts to life without CP3.

He's a idiot, imo. Dude was on a pretty deep squad and now goes to a depleted Dallas team with really no offensive OR defensive threats. I guess that's what he wanted. Gonna be a circus show seeing him try to "play offense." He's going to realize how easy he had it with CP3 lobbing the ball to him.

ewww, I hate Josh. Someone will give him $8+ per.

We need to just sit tight, grab a serviceable guy for cheap, and have $35M in cap space next year to go after KD. I'm ready to play some small ball this year.

Oh that is for sure going to happen. Blake at 5, PP at 4, Lance at 3. Blake and Lance are going to have to rebound like men. I think they can do it. Blake stepped it up on the boards in the playoffs. He's going to be over 10 RPG this next season without DJ there.

Really? I'm thinking you guys lost a pretty big core of your group especially Deandre. Not gonna be as much easy lobs for the Clips. I don't know man, I think this offseason has made y'all worse. Lance is pretty damn garbage and nothing to really feel great about, imo.

Oh, I don't feel great about this offseason. Just not hopeless. I really think Lance is going to get back to what he was with the Pacers and that we'll find an ok replacement for DJ.

He's a idiot, imo. Dude was on a pretty deep squad and now goes to a depleted Dallas team with really no offensive OR defensive threats. I guess that's what he wanted. Gonna be a circus show seeing him try to "play offense." He's going to realize how easy he had it with CP3 lobbing the ball to him.

I woulda for sure stayed in LA if I was him, also woulda signed a shorter deal.

Hopefully with less responsibility in the 2nd unit lance can return to 2013-2014 form

Also hopefully he can bring his 3pt shooting up to average

I honestly think DJ's decision to leave LAC for Dallas had less to do with basketball and more to do with being back in his home state, saving more money, agent / Cuban connection and a change of scenery (possibly not in good graces with CP3). If you're talking strictly basketball, Clippers gave him the best shot at winning over the next year or two. The fact that he still think he will be the "man" in Dallas is just the excuse being used.

I woulda for sure stayed in LA if I was him, also woulda signed a shorter deal.

DJ was on an ego trip with this. Went to the place where they kissed his *** the most. And that's fine. That and not liking CP is what it came down to. It's been reported that he was concerned about how the Clips' roster would "age," but that's clearly ********. The Mavs' future is just as uncertain, if not more.

Where did you see JC to Charlotte?

Its not a deal that happened, just something to think about it. Clippers looking for a rim protector, Hornets take on expiring deals and Crawford could become their 6th man (they already lack true guard depth) and Mo Williams is the Grizz upgrade over Beno + a better shooter.

Plus, Woj reported that Memphis is looking at S&T scenarios involving Kosta (LAC being a possible destination) and Charlotte is looking at S&T scenarios involving Mo. Memphis was rumored to be looking at Mo prior to signing Wright

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom