THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're talking better careers, Duncan or Kobe, I'm taking Duncan. I'll admit Duncan's my favorite player but when KG and TD were head to head as to who is the best power forward during their time, once Duncan started winning chips after chips those discussion was never brought up again. KG even had to give it up to TD last year saying, "He has a bowl full of rings. ...Your hat has to go off to him. At this point, it’s all love". I think these latter years are what is going to separate Duncan and Kobe. Duncan is still competing at a high level while Kobe can no longer stay healthy.

Report: Lamar Odom suffers drug relapse
By Steve DelVecchio
7/9/15

Lamar Odom has lost two of his closest friends to drug-related deaths in the past month. As you might expect, he does not seem to be doing well these days.

According to one report, Odom suffered a drug relapse shortly before his best friend Jamie Sangouthai died from a skin infection that was caused by using dirty needles. Life & Style Magazine claims that Odom and Sangouthai stayed at a Best Western in Los Angeles about three months ago and left behind evidence that suggested they had been using black tar heroin.

One of Odom’s friends reportedly told Life & Style that the former NBA star left for Las Vegas in May and has been “regularly getting high.”

And while he’s assured friends he’ll seek treatment, Lamar’s strange behavior, slurred speech and mood swings are making those close to him increasingly worried. “His friends are scared that he’ll wind up like his friend Bobby Heyward and Jamie,” the pal says.

Heyward died of a drug overdose just four days after Sangouthai lost his life.

This isn’t the first we have heard about Odom’s friends and loved ones being concerned for his well-being. He is also said to be battling depression, and rumors about his estranged wife dating a new NBA star probably haven’t helped with that.

Here’s hoping that Odom finds help quickly if he is, in fact, using drugs again.

If we're talking better careers, Duncan or Kobe, I'm taking Duncan. I'll admit Duncan's my favorite player but when KG and TD were head to head as to who is the best power forward during their time, once Duncan started winning chips after chips those discussion was never brought up again. KG even had to give it up to TD last year saying, "He has a bowl full of rings. ...Your hat has to go off to him. At this point, it’s all love". I think these latter years are what is going to separate Duncan and Kobe. Duncan is still competing at a high level while Kobe can no longer stay healthy.
I hate to bring this up but if the veto by fuehrer stern didn't go down...things would have panned out differently for the mamba health and ring wise.

but it did and here we are now. At least his family for generations will be good money wise.

saw this on Twitter, thought i'd bring it in here:

would you retire LeBron's #6 in Miami?

Report: Lamar Odom suffers drug relapse
By Steve DelVecchio
7/9/15

Lamar Odom has lost two of his closest friends to drug-related deaths in the past month. As you might expect, he does not seem to be doing well these days.

According to one report, Odom suffered a drug relapse shortly before his best friend Jamie Sangouthai died from a skin infection that was caused by using dirty needles. Life & Style Magazine claims that Odom and Sangouthai stayed at a Best Western in Los Angeles about three months ago and left behind evidence that suggested they had been using black tar heroin.

One of Odom’s friends reportedly told Life & Style that the former NBA star left for Las Vegas in May and has been “regularly getting high.”

And while he’s assured friends he’ll seek treatment, Lamar’s strange behavior, slurred speech and mood swings are making those close to him increasingly worried. “His friends are scared that he’ll wind up like his friend Bobby Heyward and Jamie,” the pal says.

Heyward died of a drug overdose just four days after Sangouthai lost his life.

This isn’t the first we have heard about Odom’s friends and loved ones being concerned for his well-being. He is also said to be battling depression, and rumors about his estranged wife dating a new NBA star probably haven’t helped with that.

Here’s hoping that Odom finds help quickly if he is, in fact, using drugs again.

View media item 1620985
Damn Lamar :smh: .. one of my favorite players coming up :frown:

I see love is saying he met with Lebron and talked out their issues before re-signing. Everyone swore they were good and that it was just "the Internet" making up stories about friction

Last edited:
saw this on Twitter, thought i'd bring it in here:

would you retire LeBron's #6 in Miami?
I asked this the day he came back to Cleveland, and the majority of the Heat fans said no.

IMO they should, he's the best player the franchise has had even if its only been four years and he dominated the franchise recordbooks in that span. 

Retire 6, dont be bitter about it.

Odom, that's sad man

Last edited:
DeAndre is going to be addicted to coke in a year or two.
what 
roll.gif

Duncan and Dirk still some suckas no matter how much it helps their team collect more talent

Helping billionaires save money is just something I can never approve if I'm an elite player

Count me in as a dude who would milk these owners for every penny I'm worth idgaf

And if I don't win a ring because of it then so be it man, winning really isn't everything when you take a few steps back and look at the whole picture

If Karl wants J Smith I say get him.
If he doesn't pass.
I believe they are a Playoff team without him.
If Karl could make him work though....

Duncan and Dirk still some suckas no matter how much it helps their team collect more talent

Helping billionaires save money is just something I can never approve if I'm an elite player

Count me in as a dude who would milk these owners for every penny I'm worth idgaf

And if I don't win a ring because of it then so be it man, winning really isn't everything when you take a few steps back and look at the whole picture

And if you got more money than you can spend with your lifestyle what is an extra 30 million?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom