THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if TY Lawson is doing this on purpose to lower his trade stock so that he can be traded elsewhere or he is just dumb. Either way its dumb.

Going to love going back and quoting some of these KD posts when he's in rare form this season.

If the Nuggest waive Ty do the Spurs give his agent a call? You know Pop and RC Buford would love more drinkin buddies. :nerd:

Last edited:
People only recently came around on Russ..

That trade Westbrook for rondo bandwagon was strong on nt
Every basketball forum on the Internet was calling for that trade :lol:

It was awful. You're putting way too much pressure on Durant to be God every night when you surround with so many non-scorers. The 2nd best scorer on the team would be Serge. That's not getting it done.

If NOLA would've drafted Elfrid... and KD joined him and AD in FA 
francis.png
and they would have nerlens if they don't make that trade with philly..

cause it was basically nerlens AND elfrid for jrue (elfrid was picked with the nola pick then traded to Orlando)

Yep.

Same dudes worshipping Russ now were saying

"Russ shoots too much."

"Russ is holding KD back."

etc.
Not true. Russy has had a strong fan base for a while since he scored 40 in the finals. I don't think he is better than KD but I'm one of those who constantly defends him because of all the unnecessary flack he gets even though his assist rate is among the highest in the league
what exactly is "not true"?

KD just aint got it. I was expecting him to be hungry after losing in the Finals that year but he just aint got the aggressiveness it takes to win. Granted he's had the injury and what not but I don't really see the hunger in him. He needs to train w/ Kobe for a summer, he the last one left who wants to win and sees everyone as competition.

Every basketball forum on the Internet was calling for that trade
laugh.gif

It was awful. You're putting way too much pressure on Durant to be God every night when you surround with so many non-scorers. The 2nd best scorer on the team would be Serge. That's not getting it done.
and you got this offensive mastermind running things

not sure how people watched thunder games and put all the blame on russ.. like literally how many times have we all seen russ try to get KD the ball for a solid 15-20 secs, then be forced to try to do something with whatever is left on the shot clock

KD just aint got it. I was expecting him to be hungry after losing in the Finals that year but he just aint got the aggressiveness it takes to win. Granted he's had the injury and what not but I don't really see the hunger in him. He needs to train w/ Kobe for a summer, he the last one left who wants to win and sees everyone as competition.

He looked hungry when he won the MVP a year ago. Health has been OKC problem.

he wasn't aggressive the following season?????

the best thunder team to date, was the season AFTER trading harden.. unfortunately russ got hurt in the 2nd game of the playoffs (the thunder were the number 1 seed that year)

then he won the MVP the year after (with russ missing a ton of the season).. unfortunately, ibaka get hurt literally right before the western conference finals

then he was hurt last year

Last edited:
OKC needs to fire whoever is in charge of their medical staff, how are these young boyz getting these major injuries?

This lockout is going to be fun :lol: :smh:

NBA Players' Union: Adam Silver Is Full Of Crap

Deadspin

On Tuesday, in response to a question at a press conference after a Board of Governors meeting, NBA commissioner Adam Silver asserted that a “significant” number of NBA teams were losing money. :smile:lol) This mirrored what Silver said at the beginning of the season, which the league repeated two months ago.

Today the National Basketball Players Association has issued a response to Silver’s claim. While prefacing her statement by saying “we agreed not to debate the finer points of negotiation in public”—Silver said something very similar after his comments—NBPA president Michele Roberts said “business is thriving,” and added these “facts of this business”:

Under the CBA, we do not have a gross compensation system. The players 50% share is calculated net of a substantial amount of expenses and deductions.

New and renovated arenas around the league have proven to be revenue drivers, profit centers, and franchise valuation boosters. That has been the case over the past few years in Orlando, Brooklyn, and New York, to name a few. In some instances, owners receive arena revenues that are not included in BRI. Many teams also receive generous arena subsides, loans and other incentives from state and local governments as part of their arena deals.

Virtually every business metric demonstrates that our business is healthy. Gate receipts, merchandise sales and TV ratings are all at an all-time high. Franchise values have risen exponentially in recent years, and the NBA has enjoyed high single digit revenue growth since 2010-11.”

Make no mistake: both Silver and Roberts are negotiating in public, and setting the table for an ever-more-likely lockout/strike in 2017.

Roberts’s “facts” about the business are similar to points made in a Deadspin article about how owners can manipulate revenue to bypass the Collective Bargaining Agreement. She is arguing that there are numerous ways NBA owners can accumulate off-book profit from their teams, such as bamboozling municipalities into build them arenas and profiting from “arena revenues that are not included in BRI.” Even if teams are technically losing money, the argument goes, if you look at the whole enterprise, owners are not.

Four years ago, the owners locked the players out, and eventually won the lion’s share of concessions in the ensuing CBA. The biggest of these was a reduction of Basketball Related Income paid to the players from 57 to 50 percent; this came after the league claimed that 22 of 30 teams were losing money, and that the league as a whole was losing $300 million annually.

With the league performing so well—curiously, Silver’s statement came almost directly after he proclaimed that the long-term outlook of the league was very positive, and that “the league is very healthy”—it would seem natural that the players would seek a new, more favorable CBA at the first possible opportunity. That opportunity is after the 2016-17 season; either side can announce their intention to opt out by December 15, 2016.

@Statis22 You ready buddy? :lol:

he wasn't aggressive the following season?????

the best thunder team to date, was the season AFTER trading harden.
What?

How were they the best? The never made it back to the finals since they traded Harden.
they had their best regular season to date.. and their best offensive and defensive efficiency numbers

but again.. as I posted above: that year westbrook got hurt the 2nd game of the playoffs

they made to the western conference finals the following year, but again, ibaka got hurt right before the western conference finals

when okc made the finals, they had a healthy KD, westbrook and ibaka to go along with harden

Last edited:
I'll go as far as to say this. I don't think GS would have beaten a fully healthy OKC this year. The "on a mission" Spurs maybe.

OKC post season failures isn't because of something KD lacks. I don't see it that way at all.

Last edited:

and they would have nerlens if they don't make that trade with philly..

cause it was basically nerlens AND elfrid for jrue (elfrid was picked with the nola pick then traded to Orlando)
Yeah but that Nerlens trade wouldnt have been so bad had Philly not been so shady about disclosing injuries.  How they only got a $3M fine is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom