THE 2015 NBA PRE SEASON THREAD: BEST WISHES TO LAMAR ODOM

Who will represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals?

• Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clippers

• Spurs

• Mavs

• Grizzlies

• Rockets

• Kings

• Warriors

• Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Players going to school for 4 years would not improve the NBA game. That's not true at all. The college game is almost a totally different game then then the NBA. You have way more tools needed to improve then in the college game playing against lesser talent.
You get better playing against the best. For some it just isn't in the cards for them to great in the NBA. The Gerald greens of the world would not be any better staying in the college a few years. I don't buy that at all.

Last edited:
Iverson really had 4 straight 40 point games as a rookie?
smokin.gif
sick.gif
mean.gif
Yep watched it on youtube a while back. It was like 2K the way he was ballin. 
smokin.gif

Here's one of them

Last edited:
Michael Olawokandi, Christian Laettner, and Eric Montross all went to college for 4 years. Whether one year, or four years. If you're good, you'll be good. If you're bad, you'll be bad.

Everyone is taking my opinion as if I'm saying college would help them. I'm saying anything would help the majority of these kids as long as they aren't jumping to the pros after one year. There a guys who could succeed coming straight out of high school. But those are the exceptions. Maybe I'm just old enough to see a time where guys took at least 3 years before turning pro. If you're in your 20's, you wouldn't understand

College is a waste of time for players with talent. As much as I love the NBA. College basketball is a mediocre product. 35 sec shot clock all the other outdated rules. College ain't helping any NBA players get better imo.
I'm in my 30s and I can't agree with what you are saying.

Last edited:
Michael Olawokandi, Christian Laettner, and Eric Montross all went to college for 4 years. Whether one year, or four years. If you're good, you'll be good. If you're bad, you'll be bad.

i remember seeing multiple articles doing research on this and the most likely group to flop or be out in the L is players who went to college for 4 years :lol:

I see Iverson is still pound for pound the most overrated NBA player. not even a top 5 nba shooting guard. people loved his image more then his actual game , he was an inefficient chucker.

Last edited:
What the hell is Michael Sweetney doing on the basketball court

Guy is gonna break the hardwood

I knew JR must've been somewhat of a dumbass when he was on the inaugural season of NBA Rookies and his parents moved to New Orleans with him. He was looking for a house and they wouldn't let him get the home he wanted, they chose, so then he said something like, "Well, they won't let me get the house I want, but at least this one has an upstairs bedroom. That's going to be mine," and they were like, "Nah, we're taking the upstairs bedroom." :lol:

Link for those who never caught the show. The user has an episode or two since I doubt most ever watched it

Man that show was awesome. Hour long and in depth. SMH at them for not making more seasons especially like that

I see Iverson is still pound for pound the most overrated NBA player. not even a top 5 nba shooting guard. people loved his image more then his actual game , he was an inefficient chucker.

You can't really be overrated when you have the resume that Allen Iverson has.

Think about it. How can you be overrated when you're like A 13 time all star with like four scoring titles and a league mvp, amongst other accolades.

You can't really be overrated when you have the resume that Allen Iverson has.

Think about it. How can you be overrated when you're like A 13 time all star with like four scoring titles and a league mvp, amongst other accolades.
do you understand what overrated means? never said he wasnt really good .

not as great as proclaimed tho . .

still a hall of famer but like i said not even a top 5 at his position. 

Last edited:
do you understand what overrated means? never said he was trash or anything of the sort. not as great as proclaimed.
still a hall of famer but like i said not even a top 5 at his position.

Yeah but you can't just throw the whole "most overrated" term out there without a point of reference.

He's overrated in relation to what exactly? He's not Jordan or Kobe when it comes to 2 guards, but his resume suggest that he could absolutely be top 5.

Yeah but you can't just throw the whole "most overrated" term out there without a point of reference.

He's overrated in relation to what exactly? He's not Jordan or Kobe when it comes to 2 guards, but his resume suggest that he could absolutely be top 5.
i throw out pound for pound because people always bring up him being small, you dont get extra points for being small. overrated to how great people proclaimed he was. he was a small inefficient chucker. 

jordan kobe wade drexler miller west ,allen . hell id have mcgrady as a better player then him. . i really dont see how his resume could suggest that he is top 5. 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom