The 99ers Vol. Unemployment.. !%#$ is real

Originally Posted by nine point five

there's no jobs?? tell that to the single mother working 2-3 jobs to support her family, to the Mexican immigrant making $8/hr in a strawberry field picking fruit for your #!# in 95 degree heat with a SMILE on his face. or the handicapped dude down the street working at Goodwill, enduring pain and embarrassment every day but who has pride in having a job, any job. you wanna know why unemployment is so high? lazy people. there's never a shortage of jobs at McDonald's, Motel 8, your local supermarket, gas station, etc. people would rather collect that check and sit on their #!# in front of the TV all day, rather than "demean" themselves doing real work in the interim, doing any number of jobs available at all times. this is an open letter to anyone, not directed at OP or any specific person..
You're a moron. All of those jobs you listed, a good portion of the people unemployed are OVERQUALIFIED for. If you have a skill or degree, those places aren't even going to !+!% with you because of the reasons that General Johnson stated. My dude who was a dialysis technician back in Baltimore couldn't even get a job at McDonald's because he was overqualified for the positions available. You have plenty of people working for FREE doing internships in the hope that they get put on when their service is finished. More college graduates than ever are doing Peace Corps and Teach for America because of how bad the employment situation is. Keep believing that rhetoric if you want. Over 17 million people have lost their jobs since 2007. If there were jobs, the number of unemployed wouldn't be this high. The only people who talk down on others are those who still have their jobs but trust me if you get fired or worse, your employer is forced to shut down, only then will you realize that its real in these streets. %@$!!! is hungry.

there's no jobs?? tell that to the single mother working 2-3 jobs to support her family, to the Mexican immigrant making $8/hr in a strawberry field picking fruit for your #!# in 95 degree heat with a SMILE on his face. or the handicapped dude down the street working at Goodwill, enduring pain and embarrassment every day but who has pride in having a job, any job. you wanna know why unemployment is so high? lazy people. there's never a shortage of jobs at McDonald's, Motel 8, your local supermarket, gas station, etc. people would rather collect that check and sit on their #!# in front of the TV all day, rather than "demean" themselves doing real work in the interim, doing any number of jobs available at all times. this is an open letter to anyone, not directed at OP or any specific person..
You're a moron. All of those jobs you listed, a good portion of the people unemployed are OVERQUALIFIED for. If you have a skill or degree, those places aren't even going to !+!% with you because of the reasons that General Johnson stated. My dude who was a dialysis technician back in Baltimore couldn't even get a job at McDonald's because he was overqualified for the positions available. You have plenty of people working for FREE doing internships in the hope that they get put on when their service is finished. More college graduates than ever are doing Peace Corps and Teach for America because of how bad the employment situation is. Keep believing that rhetoric if you want. Over 17 million people have lost their jobs since 2007. If there were jobs, the number of unemployed wouldn't be this high. The only people who talk down on others are those who still have their jobs but trust me if you get fired or worse, your employer is forced to shut down, only then will you realize that its real in these streets. %@$!!! is hungry.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

It seems NT is full of people like you who don't take time to read and I'm not throwing shots, but dude, step down off the horse.
Lazy? I spent 8 hours last night lifting heavy !#$ boxes at a grocery store after going to class and hitting the gym for 2 hours. My day began with a 4:30 wake up by my 2 yo daughter, getting both of my kids ready for school and making them breakfast. I didn't get home until about 11 last night.

Ain't nobody lazy, the jobs ain't there. Best believe I applied to gas stations, 7-11 and all that and I'm waaay overqualified for those positions.

Most of those places are afraid to hire people like me though. They want someone who is unskilled and will put up with a lot of bs without asking questions. Not to mention the pay cut I took. 
sick.gif
 My pay history was a big issue in getting hired for a retail job.

They thought I wouldn't work for what I'm making now and I didn't want to but I had to. Stop assuming so damn much and no I'm not mad, but cats

like you who haven't stepped in the shoes of people like me are so damn quick to judge when you probably 
grin.gif
have no experience to base your judgements on.

1st off - i have nothing but the utmost respect for people like you who are willing to do anything and everything to support their family, even if it means taking a job that may be "beneath" you.

2nd - I used to be ignorant like this dude nine point five.  I am truly blessed to have found a good STABLE job right out of college.  I've been with my company for almost 6 years now, and never had to experience what its like to apply for 100 jobs and get no call backs, or anything like that.  I always assumed that since hey, I worked hard, applied, and found a good job, that everyone else could.  Such is not the case.  I'm seeing friends in the same situation as this dude General Johnson.  They did everything right.  Worked hard in school, went to grad school to work on an MBA, and they cant find ANYTHING.  Either they are overqualified, or there are just no openings available.  I'm talking even at the retail level.  Like General Johnson said, retailers, fast food joints, etc... dont want to hire these overqualified applicants because they assume that their expectations will be too high.

It seems NT is full of people like you who don't take time to read and I'm not throwing shots, but dude, step down off the horse.
Lazy? I spent 8 hours last night lifting heavy !#$ boxes at a grocery store after going to class and hitting the gym for 2 hours. My day began with a 4:30 wake up by my 2 yo daughter, getting both of my kids ready for school and making them breakfast. I didn't get home until about 11 last night.

Ain't nobody lazy, the jobs ain't there. Best believe I applied to gas stations, 7-11 and all that and I'm waaay overqualified for those positions.

Most of those places are afraid to hire people like me though. They want someone who is unskilled and will put up with a lot of bs without asking questions. Not to mention the pay cut I took. 
sick.gif

They thought I wouldn't work for what I'm making now and I didn't want to but I had to. Stop assuming so damn much and no I'm not mad, but cats

like you who haven't stepped in the shoes of people like me are so damn quick to judge when you probably 
grin.gif

1st off - i have nothing but the utmost respect for people like you who are willing to do anything and everything to support their family, even if it means taking a job that may be "beneath" you.

2nd - I used to be ignorant like this dude nine point five.  I am truly blessed to have found a good STABLE job right out of college.  I've been with my company for almost 6 years now, and never had to experience what its like to apply for 100 jobs and get no call backs, or anything like that.  I always assumed that since hey, I worked hard, applied, and found a good job, that everyone else could.  Such is not the case.  I'm seeing friends in the same situation as this dude General Johnson.  They did everything right.  Worked hard in school, went to grad school to work on an MBA, and they cant find ANYTHING.  Either they are overqualified, or there are just no openings available.  I'm talking even at the retail level.  Like General Johnson said, retailers, fast food joints, etc... dont want to hire these overqualified applicants because they assume that their expectations will be too high.

I've also applied for the U.S. Customs & Border Patrol agent position.
I got a test on Nov. 15th.

I really don't want that job, but it pays well.

so if you're looking for a job you might want to go to USA jobs and look for that.

I've also applied for the U.S. Customs & Border Patrol agent position.
I got a test on Nov. 15th.

I really don't want that job, but it pays well.

so if you're looking for a job you might want to go to USA jobs and look for that.

there's never a shortage of jobs at McDonald's, Motel 8, your local supermarket, gas station, etc. people would rather collect that check and sit on their #!# in front of the TV all day, rather than "demean" themselves doing real work in the interim, doing any number of jobs available at all times. this is an open letter to anyone, not directed at OP or any specific person..

lies

a lot of these places dont even be hiring either. its harder for HS kids to even get jobs cuz you got Adults working at McDs now.

there's never a shortage of jobs at McDonald's, Motel 8, your local supermarket, gas station, etc. people would rather collect that check and sit on their #!# in front of the TV all day, rather than "demean" themselves doing real work in the interim, doing any number of jobs available at all times. this is an open letter to anyone, not directed at OP or any specific person..

lies

a lot of these places dont even be hiring either. its harder for HS kids to even get jobs cuz you got Adults working at McDs now.

Yeah... let's just say I graduated last year from a top school, and... have spent a whole lotta money on gas for interviews that were fruitless.

Yeah... let's just say I graduated last year from a top school, and... have spent a whole lotta money on gas for interviews that were fruitless.

sick.gif

grin.gif
i dont understand why hr is like that though applicants understand they're getting a paycut from the get

and hs can only work 15hrs a week with the labor laws so they usually aren't mostly college kids but i knew a few girls that worked at mcdonalds their aunt was a manager though
ohwell.gif

sick.gif

grin.gif
i dont understand why hr is like that though applicants understand they're getting a paycut from the get

and hs can only work 15hrs a week with the labor laws so they usually aren't mostly college kids but i knew a few girls that worked at mcdonalds their aunt was a manager though
ohwell.gif

The single woman probably is not overqualified for those 2-3 PT menial jobs.  The Mexican immigrant? That place he is working at will ONLY HIRE illegals, for a variety of reasons.  The handicapped dude working at Goodwill?  Goodwill makes an effort to hire the disabled.  If you're able bodied they are probably not going to hire you. 

And there is no one reason why the unemployment rate is so high.  There are a variety of factors that influence it.  Giblet head
30t6p3b.gif

The single woman probably is not overqualified for those 2-3 PT menial jobs.  The Mexican immigrant? That place he is working at will ONLY HIRE illegals, for a variety of reasons.  The handicapped dude working at Goodwill?  Goodwill makes an effort to hire the disabled.  If you're able bodied they are probably not going to hire you. 

And there is no one reason why the unemployment rate is so high.  There are a variety of factors that influence it.  Giblet head
30t6p3b.gif

Everyone speaks the truth.. I think i MIGHT have finally caught a break and have at least made some steps towards finding a full time position.. But trust me, it isn't even enough to KNOW people any more. Job security is so bad that they view you as a threat, and even those in a position to put you on might not. its taken me almost 7 months thus far, since ive graduated college.. Im praying i can get one before the end of the year, and thanking god i stuck it out at ups throughout colllege..

Everyone speaks the truth.. I think i MIGHT have finally caught a break and have at least made some steps towards finding a full time position.. But trust me, it isn't even enough to KNOW people any more. Job security is so bad that they view you as a threat, and even those in a position to put you on might not. its taken me almost 7 months thus far, since ive graduated college.. Im praying i can get one before the end of the year, and thanking god i stuck it out at ups throughout colllege..

Originally Posted by Al Audi

hol up

yo mangudai so things didnt work out at your job???

What I was talking about in that thread, starts with this job. I hate it but I dont have a choice right now.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

hol up

yo mangudai so things didnt work out at your job???

What I was talking about in that thread, starts with this job. I hate it but I dont have a choice right now.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

sick.gif

grin.gif

What I don't get is why dudes put all of their info on their resumes when trying to get a job they are overqualified for. If you know you are overqualified and still want/need that retail job, why in the hell would you knowingly put down that you received an MBA from USC?

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

sick.gif

grin.gif

What I don't get is why dudes put all of their info on their resumes when trying to get a job they are overqualified for. If you know you are overqualified and still want/need that retail job, why in the hell would you knowingly put down that you received an MBA from USC?

Back
Top Bottom