the Alaskan 'so-so' life. pics pg.7 edit pg.1

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

I just read all these pages for the lulz.

Alaska is the BIGGEST STATE with the LEAST POPULATION

And about sales tax, you arent the only state that doesnt have sales tax.

DC might have its issues but I'll take them than live in Alsaka

I believe Delaware doesn't have taxes either.

Originally Posted by SoleAsian

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

I just read all these pages for the lulz.

Alaska is the BIGGEST STATE with the LEAST POPULATION

And about sales tax, you arent the only state that doesnt have sales tax.

DC might have its issues but I'll take them than live in Alsaka

I believe Delaware doesn't have taxes either
Nope they dont. 
pimp.gif

Some of you guys are really self minded idiots. Apparently to some of you, your opinion rules all and its the 100% right choice.

My aunt lives up there so I've been to Alaska, but apparently most of you guys know more about the state then the OP who lives there, or anyone else who has been there.
Its not freezing, and snowing year long like you think. When i was there it was 75-80 degrees and sunny everyday. The nature, and site seeing pretty much tops any other state. The food there is the best i have ever had. Like i said though to some of you your opinion rules all. I can definatly see why people would want to live there, the state is beautiful, you can't beat the outdoor activites, you can't beat the geological features it has, you can't beat the food.

Not saying i would live there, but im not ignorant enough to say why would anyone go there or live there.
I can defiantly see why people would want to live there.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

akm2tan wrote:
Wow so much ignorance in this thread. Most people commenting have not even stepped foot in alaska and just base their opinions on what they see on TV or read on an article.

Let me shed some light on this

First I was born and raised there but now live in Arizona

Cons- Food is more expensive, gas is more expensive (not by much) you cant just get up and drive to Cali or vegas like I can now and there is no professional sporting events (big deal for me). The daylight thing I can see is a drag but you get a lot of it in the summer and simply just get used to it. The drug thing is increasing which is a shame cuz the cities are small. Crime is above average but nothing like here in arizona.

Pros- first off its not boring at all and I say that after I thought it was when I left there. I can literally do everything in Alaska then in Arizona except go to another state or see a pro sports game. There is alot Alaska offers that some people have no idea. And I cant see how anybody wouldnt enjoy at least some of them. Jet skiing, camping, hunting, fishing, 4 wheeling, snow machining, sledding is just a few things you can do. The employment is solid, the real estate is strong and didnt really take a hit from the crisis in other states.

While I was there the culture is very diverse. My high school was about 30% black and the one next to mine had a large amount of mexicans and puerto ricans. There are also a mad amount of filipinos, koreans, and vietnamese people so trust me the chicks there are plentiful and very diverse.

There is a club scene there, not a very good one but its there, alot of car enthusiasts, alot of shoe heads there as well so nothing really different. Its cold but really I heard stories from my customers at work that its colder in Minnesota and Michigan than it is in a place like Anchorage.

Really just dont knock it till you go there, the air is the freshest air you'll breath and the food is awesome. The people there are more humble and down to earth which is a plus for a growing family.
Damn...how son just really X'd out everything dude said...
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Some of you guys are really self minded idiots. Apparently to some of you, your opinion rules all and its the 100% right choice.

My aunt lives up there so I've been to Alaska, but apparently most of you guys know more about the state then the OP who lives there, or anyone else who has been there.
Its not freezing, and snowing year long like you think. When i was there it was 75-80 degrees and sunny everyday. The nature, and site seeing pretty much tops any other state. The food there is the best i have ever had. Like i said though to some of you your opinion rules all. I can definatly see why people would want to live there, the state is beautiful, you can't beat the outdoor activites, you can't beat the geological features it has, you can't beat the food.

Not saying i would live there, but im not ignorant enough to say why would anyone go there or live there.
thanks bro.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Please stop while you are ahead. 

The other 49 States>>> Alaska

I agree with this 100%.  The real question is why in the hell would anyone want to live in or go to Milwaukee.

Originally Posted by tylerdub

Dude, Alaska is awesome. I would love to live there. I am not even joking.

4456910196_d12ee95b70_o.gif

We're talkin bout ALASKA? No not California, not NY, not Florida, ALASKA? Were talkin about ALASKA? Not the state I love and sweat and bleed for...ALASKA! Were talkin about ALASKA! WE sittin here talkin about ALASKA! SMh....alaska.

Originally Posted by KayEyeNjee

Originally Posted by tylerdub

Dude, Alaska is awesome. I would love to live there. I am not even joking.

4456910196_d12ee95b70_o.gif

We're talkin bout ALASKA? No not California, not NY, not Florida, ALASKA? Were talkin about ALASKA? Not the state I love and sweat and bleed for...ALASKA! Were talkin about ALASKA! WE sittin here talkin about ALASKA! SMh....alaska.

haha relax son, don't be so hurt.

I can't wait to go back to Alaska. When on a cruise in 2005 and it was amazing, seeing the glaciers and mountains. I was able to ride an ATV up a mountain through one of the many national parks...it was beautiful.

Originally Posted by wohcttank

I can't wait to go back to Alaska. When on a cruise in 2005 and it was amazing, seeing the glaciers and mountains. I was able to ride an ATV up a mountain through one of the many national parks...it was beautiful.

how'd you like Ketchikan
nerd.gif

Why do you keep bumping posts related to Alaska?

Yes, we're all thrilled you're proud of your state, but enough already.

Back
Top Bottom