The Beijing 2022 Winter Olympic Games Thread 🔥🥇🥈🥉

I can see knocking over maybe 1 or 2, but a whole row like dominoes..nahh b.

And worse, a lot of those bottles fell in the oath of the runners behind him. So they had to side step and jump over those too.

not going lie, with how hot they was saying it was..

and if i already knew i wasnt getting a medal.. i'd have to fight that dude over running however many more miles

i couldnt imagine being in that situation and thinking i was getting that little bit of relief while having to run a damn marathon AND then THAT dude decided to pull that shh

Luckily there was another station coming up based on some the comments but foul regardless

Nah, if I was behind him I would have definitely inadvertently tripped him on accident by mistake.

"****, my bad."

-foe

I feel like my natural inclination would be to either slap the shhh out of the back of dude‘s head after I reach for that bottle and get nothing but air

or just say f it and tackle him

I'm not one for violence but dude definitely deserved hands as soon as he crossed the finish line.

That's some sucka **** frfr

yea, unless I’m contending for a medal it’s going down right there and then..

conditions were that brutal that dudes were minutes off of their usual pace and had dudes dropping out left and right.. running a marathon hard enough as it is without that stupidity

Last edited:
Some of the BIG favorites this Olympics that didn't win gold for 1 reason or another were Teddy Riner, Simone Biles, China women volleyball team, Novak. Mijain Lopez did win his 4th gold in a row in the same event tho

have they aired the replay of the 4x100 relays already on primetime?

The good thing is the official Olympics YouTube started uploading all the major finals. Relays should be up by the weekend.

I have a major attachment to Beijing and London Olympics, then Rio because social media was pretty much at an apex for that one. For some reason, Rio feels much longer than just 5 years ago, cause all that stuff with the Olympic Village and Ryan Lochte and Michael Phelps lying about being beat up and kidnapped was such a firestorm that’s rarely talked about anymore.

Going off the past 20 years I'd say London 2012 was my favourite Olympics overall. The time difference wasn't an issue and as far as Track & Field goes it had the best crowd. The morning sessions, which are typically empty, were jammed packed. I'm glad it's still up on the Olympic YouTube so that I can go back and watch those games anytime I want.

If it were up to me the Olympics and World Championships would always be in the U.K. and Germany. They love athletics and sessions are always packed and sold-out.

Personally, I enjoy listening to Sanya so I hope if Allyson decides to go into announcing that they somehow find a way to keep them both.

Funny I was thinking about this a few days ago. Not sure if there's space for both, NBC's coverage is so condensed and packed it's already tough for the current team to get out everything they want to say. If NBC had a studio team like the BBC (who has Michael Johnson) or CBC (who has Donovan Bailey and Perdita Felicien) then I'd say definitely put Allyson there.

This Olympics was awesome for me. I love it so much. It's been a joy. I had lots of fun watching and chopping it up with you guys in these late mornings. Its been fun fellas.

I want to compete in the Olympics so bad. Competition is everything. I love seeing the greatness.

World championships next year too.

I know there's a lot of people saying they're retired and done....but I have to think, with world championships next year....and then the Paris location and shortest downtime ever, they may tap back in. Who doesn't want to go to Paris!?

Because of the pandemic everything got pushed back. So for the World Championships, which is every 2 years, it'll now take place 3 of the next 4 years:

2022: World Championships (Eugene, Oregon)
2023: World Championships (Budapest, Hungary)
2024: Olympics (Paris, France)
2025: World Championships (TBA)

2022 was to be a year off, so it'll be interesting to see how T&F athletes cope. Athletes like SAFP and Allyson Felix I see returning for Worlds next year, especially Felix who if healthy can possibly make a relay team and have one final farewell on home country soil. It'll be the 1st-ever Worlds in the USA and it'll be great to finally see a packed crowd at the new Hayward Field, which the University of Oregon and Phil Knight tore down and rebuilt for the World Championship's original 2021 date. I'd love to go next summer if possible somehow.

Tokyo 2020 was probably my 2nd favourite Olympics. A lot of new events debuted, I particularly loved skateboarding. It just really sucked that for Swimming and especially T&F there were no crowds. That completely sucked.

I've been watching Olympics HARDCORE since 96, think my favorite would be London 2012, Atlanta 96 and Beijing 08 would round out my top 3, Beijing had the goat opening ceremony but the timezone diff was an issue just like with tokyo this time and streaming wasn't available as much then

I've been watching Olympics HARDCORE since 96, think my favorite would be London 2012, Atlanta 96 and Beijing 08 would round out my top 3, Beijing had the goat opening ceremony but the timezone diff was an issue just like with tokyo this time and streaming wasn't available as much then
Atlanta 96, Ali... 🔥🔥🔥

Tears were shed.

-foe

Beijing is easily the top for me, between Phelps, bolt and that 4 x 100 free relay

then it’s moments from various games that stick out, like I still remember Michael Johnson running away in the 2 and 4 in ‘96

Yeah I wouldn't say I have a favorite. First I remember was a kid in 84, in LA, so right in my backyard. Don't really remember 88, but of course 92 was Dream Team, but I also associate Carl Lewis w/ 92.

96, Atlanta, I still maintain that basketball team is the better team. I remember Michael Johnson, Donavon Bailey, but I also remember being legit excited for Swoopes, Leslie, Staley, and Lobo going out there and dominating.

00, where I was at in life, couldn't really pay attention that summer. Definitely remember Vince Carter stealing a whole soul. 🤣😬

2004, I remember athletes left and right saying they weren't going to go, and the entire basketball team except for Duncan and Iverson stayed stateside, and our replacements got bronze. Wasn't really a huge Iverson fan but I gained a lot of respect for him that Olympics because he was phenomenal, especially in the bronze medal game. I remember tons of us simultaneously creating the name LeBronze, which definitely wasn't fair in retrospect. 😬

08, Redeem Team & Phelps.

12, Pothead Phelps. Bolt is STUPID fast.

16, jesus h. christ, Phelps is still swimming, and winning? 😳 Biles NICE, cotDAMN.

I think I'll remember 2020 as the 1st year of 3X3. 🔥

-foe

Back
Top Bottom