The Bicycle Thread

More photos of my bike I shot a week back when SF was dead at night.

Bianchi+GGB+1.jpg

Bianchi+GGB+2.jpg
Those pics are dope af. Two questions:

1. What kind of camera?
2. How do you get it to stand like that ? I don’t see a kickstand.

Those pics are dope af. Two questions:

1. What kind of camera?
2. How do you get it to stand like that ? I don’t see a kickstand.
Thanks! I shoot with a pretty old camera to today’s standards. Just the Canon 5D Mark 3. I have 3 lenses which are my holy trinity. My wide I use a Tamron 15-30mm, mid I use a 50mm and 70-200mm for my telephoto. As far as the stand, I use a cardboard to prop it up. I just clone it out when I composite the whole photo. Sometimes I shoot a single photo with nothing in it to help with erasing the cardboard out.

I did see this online too that would have been helpful. Seems a lot more secure cause I dropped my bike like 3 times with my janky setup.

It doesn't wear them out like running would - but you can end up with scuffs from rubbing the frame or cranks.

I recommend something more like these - stiffer, easier to clean no laces to snag...

1606851669716.png

Thanks for the feedback. And I never play ball in my basketball shoes nor do I run with my running shoes. Flashy walking shoes like I said. My feet normally avoid the frame. I wear my Nike Vapormax shoes more than basketball shoes honestly.

Bruh no :rofl: :rofl:

First things first...what type of bike does he ride and what type of riding does he do? Can't just suggest cycling shoes to your average joe who commutes on a single speed

I had to ask because I haven't rode a bike in years until I got one again February 2020. I had no idea honestly.

I have a Specialized hybrid bike that I only use for transportation within a close radius. I actually change gears dependent on the incline or surface level to get the fastest speed possible symbiotic with my pedaling.

Weird but the claymation framerate of that vid is throwing me off.

I thought something was wrong with my phone at first and i was ready to throw it across the room. But then i remembered who it is, once in a while he messes with the video to trip people out. :lol:

Anyone trying to get these Mash AC-2 frames tomorrow? I know they are just the Mash name but I a biased and think they are dope since they are from the Bay. Unfortunately and fortunately I don't ride my fix at all so don't need the frame but I feel these will sell out asap tomorrow.

They're going to sell out just like their steel framesets did a few months ago. I'm not a huge fan of the paintjob/graphics, with that being said, the AC-1 is a much better looking bike.

Thanks for the feedback. And I never play ball in my basketball shoes nor do I run with my running shoes. Flashy walking shoes like I said. My feet normally avoid the frame. I wear my Nike Vapormax shoes more than basketball shoes honestly.

I had to ask because I haven't rode a bike in years until I got one again February 2020. I had no idea honestly.

I have a Specialized hybrid bike that I only use for transportation within a close radius. I actually change gears dependent on the incline or surface level to get the fastest speed possible symbiotic with my pedaling.

Then just wear what you feel comfortable, there's no point in spending on cycling-specific shoes if all you're doing is commuting.

Yea no point just wear anything. You can get MTB pedals if you want more grip.

Copped a bike, Cannondale Quick, for urban riding in August. Maybe 150 miles in and I've broken 4 spokes already :smh: I told the shop its gotta be a defective rim for that to happen so many times. I've ridden bikes all my life and can probably count how many times I've broken a spoke before this bike. Even babied it after my first broken spoke...
Cannondale sprung for a new rim and the shops covering the labor. I'll get some hard rides in next week to see how it holds up ..

I kinda prefer solo rides. If I ride with the clipped in crowd I'm a bit slow but if I try to ride with casual peeps I'm too fast :smh: I'm real familiar with the roads in my area though.
I road with some casual peeps and I will say, you do it for the social aspects and not for the fitness cause everyone is on a different race grade. I usually bike solo but I ran into some clipped in riders and just sort of followed to keep up and usually get dusted in the long run. So I totally get what you are saying.

I ride solo most of the time mainly because scheduling. I like riding with friends and fam. Some days we get at it and some days it’s just chill long distance and chopping it up.

My solo rides I really try to maximize my time since I can’t always do 2+ hour rides.
What’s your version of getting at it? I’m really trying to increase my output and get some speed runs done.

I kinda prefer solo rides. If I ride with the clipped in crowd I'm a bit slow but if I try to ride with casual peeps I'm too fast :smh: I'm real familiar with the roads in my area though.

I been riding solo for almost a month since my car needs repairs on the suspension. After doing it that one time two months ago, i'm a lot more comfortable now. I just pick a destination in my head and throw my headphones on.

I road with some casual peeps and I will say, you do it for the social aspects and not for the fitness cause everyone is on a different race grade. I usually bike solo but I ran into some clipped in riders and just sort of followed to keep up and usually get dusted in the long run. So I totally get what you are saying.

True about the big group rides, it's a lot of social interaction going on.

By the way, how's your fitness on the bike now? Have you noticed any improvements?

I’m spoiled in my area. I’m a mile away from a 25mile recreational trail that involves little traffic crossings. Only thing is weekends and fair weather afternoons can get crowded.

Over here in Miami, all the cyclists (mostly roadies) gravitate towards the Key Biscayne bridge. Since it's the highest and longest climb out here, it's damn near impossible to ride on the weekend.

I been riding solo for almost a month since my car needs repairs on the suspension. After doing it that one time two months ago, i'm a lot more comfortable now. I just pick a destination in my head and throw my headphones on.
I'm in a metro area with lots of cars and pedestrians, so I got a clip on speaker for my rides

True about the big group rides, it's a lot of social interaction going on.

By the way, how's your fitness on the bike now? Have you noticed any improvements?
I've slowed down on riding since it's winter. I mean it's not like sever winter conditions but I am not a cold person at all. So I think it's been like 3 weeks or so since my last ride which means I am sort of setting back to terrible cardio conditions again. I also still have a love hate relationship being clipped in. I haven't noticed that much better improvements on my rides aside from just being more paranoid at stop lights and what not. It does feel more secure once you are clipped in so when there is long rides with no stops, it feels great but city riding can be a total pain.

It’s been icy here since before Christmas. Not really cold but just treacherous road conditions so I haven’t touched a bike in nearly 3 weeks. Just feeling soft but it’s not worth coming off and breaking a bone.

Forgot to share this ride with you guys. It was my last ride for 2020. Hoping to knock it out of the ballpark this year since I didn’t get into biking until late August.

CD4719AF-1CC5-4A8C-B67E-C306D9156C01.png

Nice, been meaning to ride out in Tiburon soon.

What’s your version of getting at it? I’m really trying to increase my output and get some speed runs done.
Great question, since im still trying to really pinpoint what that is for me too haha.

But I usually take my metrics, which helps if you have routes that you like to do often, that are convenient loops or whatever.

I have routes that I know if I have 1 hr, 2hr, 3hrs...etc to ride. I dont have a power meter so I dont have a target output. So I try to rely on HR, RPM, etc. HR I think is the best metric. If I am below 140bpm I am probably slow footin it and need to work a little harder.

So on short rides, I like to watch my HR and make sure I am in a zone that equates to some good work.

So decided to pass on the Tarmac SL7 and went with a new Scott Addict RC 30. Realized I didn’t want to spend the extra money for Di2 and was able to get it for 3600. I’m super excited.
Not my picture, just for reference.
E1DBB83D-03FC-4CC3-94A0-2A4D5428DF70.jpeg

How much did you save by not getting the SL7?

A fully loaded joint is like $12k

I was looking at the “pro” which I think is 7200

Aahh ok, i get confused all the time with the different tiers within the same model range. I believe the "s works" is the top of the line joint.

But yea, an s works tarmac sl7 w/dura ace di2 is $$$$

How did you come to realize that you didn't need di2?

Back
Top Bottom