The Boys | Gen V S1 Ep 1-3 Out Now | Amazon Prime

Wait?

There are right-wingers out there who didn't get the show is mocking a lot of their politics, and pointing out its dangers?

Besides the corporate-driven performative liberalism, that is the most apparent thing about the satire

How could people miss it?
That shed doesn't have many sharp tools in it. We both know wit and subtlety aren't skills the far-right knows.

Gotta admit its taken this era for me to really realize how different ppl are and how they can just have radically different stances and ignorance stemming from the most surface level places.

Seeing so many ppl not get it with The Boys among other shows and movies using heavy satire still amazes me. The politics is just ridiculous.

Whining about politics being in a show when it was there from the start.

Last edited:
Hughie losing his clothes again and then ultimately putting them back on :lol:

Homeland vs Solider Boy bout to be a show though :pimp:

But also A-Train cmon man. His brother paralyzed now for some publicity :smh:

But is it following the comic’s story?

They’ve definitely changed the characters here or there (Stormfront, A-Train, Black Noir, etc). The original was based on satire of things during that time. This one on todays society.

But is it following the comic’s story?

They’ve definitely changed the characters here or there (Stormfront, A-Train, Black Noir, etc). The original was based on satire of things during that time. This one on todays society.
They've changed characters out of necessity and for other reasons but the overall story is heading down the same path.

Worst case scenario is homelander and soldier boy getting along and teaming up. Hope my bae Maeve is alright.

A Train just dealing with the African American identity crisis I've recognized in a lot of successful black folk.

It makes me angry but also sympathetic.

I see what you're saying somewhat, but no, that ignores his scheming, backstabbing and selfishness.

Nah I’m not ignoring that my man’s definitely lost.

I can see how he was lead astray from jump.

It’s not too late for redemption.

I holding out for you brother Train.

Nah I’m not ignoring that my man’s definitely lost.

I can see how he was lead astray from jump.

It’s not too late for redemption.

I holding out for you brother Train.
He’s killed way too many ppl for redemption.

The majority of The Seven should die.

Worst case scenario is homelander and soldier boy getting along and teaming up. Hope my bae Maeve is alright.

I have a strong feeling that will happen and Homelander will F it up.

My feelings on Herogasm are that Maeve will be drugged and raped.

I'm also 1000% sure The Deep girls gets Hulk smashed by Homelander and a gang of other Supes:lol:.

I don’t pay much attention to this show but Starlight and Maeve could get it. Besides that it’s a bit gory and over the top. Not bad.

I need A-Train, The Deep and his chick to be off the show like now :lol:

A-Train's character development in the last few episodes is much more interesting than anything he did the first two seasons. There is potential for him to take a very interesting turn and do some self-sacrifice via one last run that blows up his heart to right some of his wrongs. Maybe team up with Black Noir on the payback tip? Black Noir has to have some more character development in the next few episodes. He's got a history with Solja Boy has some payback to deliver as well.

Also, there is no way Billy Zane isn't coming back with that Scientology subplot. Deep's girl was an obvious plant by the church and is playing a heavy hand with him. My guess is that they'll be fighting hard on Homelander's side and get their just desserts equally hard. I can't imagine a redemption story for him, but there is plenty of character gold to mine there (sea creature revenge for all of them that he has horribly killed throughout the series as well).

Back
Top Bottom