The Cheesecake Factory: Your thoughts, comments, opinions?

Originally Posted by air max 87

ehhh its VERY overrated, me and a fellow NTer took our girls there on a night out..... kinda expensive and food wasnt that great..

cheesecake was good (i mean what you expect
laugh.gif
)

over all i wouldnt go back, i rather eat somewhere else and just order the cheesecake to pick up....
well said

i had to throw in the very

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

Given that the food is only average, does it warrant the price? The slice of cheesecake was $7.51! $10 buys me a whole cheesecake at Costco. For the two meals, I payed $39.80. To those that frequent or have been to The Cheesecake Factory, what are your thoughts on the place?
Thats why you don't get suckered into buying desert while you are out. YEA you are at the CK Factory but you have to be smart about it if you are going to complain about it later.
I understand what you're saying but I wasn't trying to skimp on anything here. I ate what I wanted to eat without watching my budget sothat way I could give it a fair assessment. Had I cut some corners, I wouldn't have had the full experience.

Originally Posted by inspectah derek

I'd rather eat at the Old Spaghetti Factory

This.

Some Spaghetti factory dishes might be a little bland, but I always go with a big *#* party that compensates for the taste. I've been fortunate enough tohave consecutively good meals there. Cheesecake factory on the other hand is a hot mess. Avoid unless you live in a small town with no independentrestaurants/bistros/steakhouses, etc.
'

Cheesecake is gross and overpriced. For some reason, people are convinced that it's somewhat of an upscale restaurant. It's not. It sucks.

michelle

go for lunch...cheaper price and they still give you a good portion of food that will fill you up.

i personally love the chicken da vinci and their breads. also i'm sure a lot of people like CF because everytime i go the lines are huge.

I'm mad they stopped making the tres leches cheesecake...best one by far. I actually got a slice last week and went with the Oreo cheesecake withstrawberrieson top.

I think the food is good. It is not a hidden gem. But I love getting sliders with fries and its like 10 bucks

I like the cheesecake factory because of the size portions of their dessert cakes.
I go there every year for my bday not because the food is excellent,but I enjoy the Buffalo blasts and their desserts.
honestly, I don't even know what to look for in delicious restaurant food. My regular diet is so bland that when I do eat out, everything is delicious.

Originally Posted by neverflopped

honestly, I don't even know what to look for in delicious restaurant food. My regular diet is so bland that when I do eat out, everything is delicious.

roll.gif

what do you eat?

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by neverflopped

roll.gif

what do you eat?

healthy
frown.gif

when I'm on my !@!* I east tasteless chicken, fish, broccoli, cauliflower,and all that boring stuff. My little cousin calls it "her nightmare"lol

Originally Posted by houstonsnk

Originally Posted by steven42lh

ao17 wrote:

The Grand Lux is better

Yup. I went for the first time in Houston. It's right across the street from Cheesecake and the Galleria. Really nice restaurant. Same owners of Cheesecake
own Grand Lux.

It really is? I knew it was the same owners so I thought it would be same price. Ima have to check it out then.

But yea Cheesefactory is overrated imo. Food is not nasty but its not as good as what the price is.
But the turtle cheesecake is
pimp.gif

Myself and 2 others ate a full 3 course meal there with the fruit lemonades for around $80, tip included. Food was indeed better then at Cheesecake, and theyhave a much more diverse menu as well. I would recommend trying Grand Lux out. If I remember correctly I heard that the Cheesecake owner's wife (orsister?) is the owner of the Grand Lux chain.

you went to cheesecake factory & probably got the mediocre dish , no grill items or specialty items ?

next time spend some extra money or try different appetizers & drinks,

and the cheesecake factory is dumb huge here, The servers get props from me, They have to be informative on the menu... Have you even seen the CheesecakeFactory Menu ?? its like a freakin book.

Originally Posted by airkeung88

their appetizers are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

avacado eggrolls

Cheesecake+avocado+egg+rolls.jpg

It's not my first choice when eating out, but I wouldn't raise a stink if people were going there. It's only slightly nicer than Chilis/TGIFridays/etc. to me, but not nice enough where I'd consider it "upscale" whatsoever.

Cheesecake is good, so are a lot of their appetizers and entrees, I usually enjoy it, but it's nothing to write home about.

I dont think it's overpriced....maybe where some of you guys live, but not in San Francisco, where there aren't that many cheap eats, worse in thiseconomy.
$10 - 17 isnt too bad for the food, especially with the portions they serve (and that wheat bread they serve is
pimp.gif

I will vouch for those avocado rolls
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
...same with the red velvet cake, BBQ pork pulled sandwich (only $11), and thebang bang chicken
GF loves the gumbo...not my type of thing but whatever.

Wait is not too bad as long as you dont go on a saturday night
My one gripe with it is the lackluster service I've had on a few occasions...the last time I went I left no tip cause it seemed like the waiter waspurposely not attending us...not the first time....too busy attending white folks to even look our way
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom