*The Chris Johnson Making History Thread*

Chris Johnson is going to break records this season.... and I will update this thread as he does it.

We are in the midst of something special.... He has broken a few Titans records so far...and now he's going for NFL records.

As of 11/29/09... CJ's name is nowhere on this list http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/indiv/rushing

By the end of the season he will be...so stay tuned and enjoy the ride....it's not everyday you get to watch a player this special. With VY sarting CJ hasbeen unstoppable

Here are the records for rushing yards in a season... where do you guys think he'll end up?

Edit after week 16:

....................................YRDS.............YDS needed
1 Eric Dickerson............2,105...............233
2 Jamal Lewis................2,066..............194
3 Barry Sanders............2,053...............181
4 Terrel Davis...............2,008...............136
5 OJ Simpson................2,003...............131
6 Earl Campbell.............1,934................62
7 Ahman Green.............1,883................11
7 Barry Sanders............1,883................11
9 Shaun Alexander........1,880.................8
10 Chris Johnson............1,872

Yards From Scrimmage:

...................................yds...........to go.........
1. Marshall Faulk..........2429...........74
2. Tiki Barber...............2390...........35
3.Ladainian Tomlinson..2370............15
4. Barry Sanders...........2358..........3
5.Chris Johnson............2355

NFL Records so far:

*Tied for most consecutive 125 yard games(6)(E.Dickerson and E. Campbell)
*Most 85+ yard runs in a season/career

His 10 straight games with 100 yds puts him in 3rd... the record is 14

indifferent.gif

tennessee final 5 opponents w/ defensive ranking and how much they give up: indy 15- 108.9 st louis 28- 148.5 miami 12- 108 san diego 21- 118 seattle 18- 110with that in mind, he'll at least hit 1,900 yards this season. rams, dolphins, and chargers will all be games at home and i'm sure johnson wants to getback at the colts for the game earlier this season.

ok i made the chris johnson is stoopid thread so keep it there and wow if you jinxed my dude -______-

You guys thought i was crazy when I said he was gonna make history, well it started this week:

**He had his 3rd 85+ yrd rushing TD this season....nobody has ever had 3 85+ yrd rushing TDs IN THEIR ENTIRE CAREER

**He tied Earl Campbell and Eric Dickerson for most consecutive 125+ yrd games (6)...he can break the record next week.

**He now has the most rushing yards ever in the month of November

and he's also on pace to break Marshall Faulk's yards from scrimmage record.

Originally Posted by ezeblazin

You guys thought i was crazy when I said he was gonna make history, well it started this week:

**He had his 3rd 85+ yrd rushing TD this season....nobody has ever had 3 85+ yrd rushing TDs IN THEIR ENTIRE CAREER

**He tied Earl Campbell and Eric Dickerson for most consecutive 125+ yrd games (6)...he can break the record next week.

**He now has the most rushing yards ever in the month of November

and he's also on pace to break Marshall Faulk's yards from scrimmage record.

eek.gif
Damn. The man deserves major props
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by pdoggy85

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Barry Sanders Eric Dickerson all over that list. So good
He's got three seasons in the top 18, including #1
eek.gif
cana case be made for him being the best RB of all time? Most would say Barry, right? I've also heard old school dudes say Jim Brown.

This man is a flat out beast. It's no question that he has been playing the best among ALL RBs THIS SEASON.

I won't be surprised if he breaks the record...but I think he'll end up just short.

Love seeing my personal favorite running-back Earl Campbell near that 2,000 mark.

As for Chris Johnson, I don't think you can make a better argument for best RB in the league. He's it right now. And there is a REALLY good runningbackout there who's right at his level.

Originally Posted by mogzz04

This man is a flat out beast. It's no question that he has been playing the best among ALL RBs THIS SEASON.

I won't be surprised if he breaks the record...but I think he'll end up just short.
him VS Jones-Drew in that game
eek.gif
laugh.gif
dudes were playin the "top that" game.

Back
Top Bottom