The College Basketball Post

all horse ****.

college doesnt develop players for the NBA, AT ALL

it just allows owners to pay players the rookie contract in there prime earning years and delay unrestriced free agency till 30.

don't belive this propaganda.

While i do feel like college is overrated in terms of preparing players for the league, there are players that can benefit from staying. You don't think if Anthony Bennett stayed he'd have been better this yr?

So did an injured Embiid's draft stock somehow go up with KU getting bounced? 
eek.gif

@NYPost_Brazille 2m
When media entered locker room. Wiggins had head buried in his hands and was crying Quickly gathered himself and talked at length Impressive

@NYPost_Brazille now
Wiggins said he felt everyone played well but him. He's reason Kansas lost.

Feels.

High School AAU circuit is a far better indicator for NBA level ability than College ball, especially "March Madness." While March Madness is extremely entertaining, the actual set up of the tourney does little as far as evaluating NBA talent.

Think about it. What would Andrew Wiggins and Jabari Parker gain from playing against college level talent and athletes for another year? They've already been identified by anyone who does this **** as top tier NBA level prospects. Both of their games need improvements, but it's not going to come playing with inept PG's, 1-3-1 zones, and full court pressing, things that aren't close to being a mirror of the NBA.

That's why the High School AAU circuit continues to be the premium evaluator for NBA potential talents. See these guys go up against other high level college and NBA prospects.

While i do feel like college is overrated in terms of preparing players for the league, there are players that can benefit from staying. You don't think if Anthony Bennett stayed he'd have been better this yr?

no. :lol:

I watched every single minute of AB collegiate career, Dave Rice ain't teaching anyone ****. AB would be a year OLDER. Not better. Just older.

Why would you think a 21 year old AB beating the **** out of college kids going to make him better? :rofl:

Last edited:
NBA basketball is hot *** garbage. I don't think I have one good friend who likes the NBA. Not one, and most my friends are all former athletes who love sports.

CBB > NBA all day every day.

No man, he was an NBA level talent already. What else could he gain from staying in college? Whatever he needed improvement on, could only happen against NBA level competition. Staying in college would have just continued to disguise his weaknesses.

IMO it's players like Archie Goodwin, Marquis Teague, etc who should have stayed in school. They were fringe first rounders and barely get minutes in the NBA.. instead they could be in school playing a major role on a college team and raising their draft stock (which is more $$$ for them too)

But if you're a top prospect, it's prob better to go to the league ASAP and start getting experience against NBA competition.

It depends though. I think Embiid should come back, just because he's in a unique situation where he hasn't been playing basketball for that long.

Really wish the shot clock was lowered tho Coaches micromanage offenses to the point that it's unbearable

NBA basketball is hot *** garbage. I don't think I have one good friend who likes the NBA. Not one, and most my friends are all former athletes who love sports.

CBB > NBA all day every day.

Can't knock those who enjoy college bball more, but to say the NBA is hot garbage is just flat out foolish.

no. :lol:

I watched every single minute of AB collegiate career, Dave Rice ain't teaching anyone ****. AB would be a year OLDER. Not better. Just older.

Why would you think a 21 year old AB beating the **** out of college kids going to make him better? :rofl:

Playing another year on a team where he would have been the primary option would have made him a better player, certainly mentally at least. Now his confidence is shaken and he'll probably never have the opportunity to lead a team and grow as a leader

Guys....

ITS ONLY LATE MARCH AND WIGGINS TEAM JUST GOT BOUNCED WHY ARE YOU GUYS JUDGING SO EARLY

*waits for pre-draft workouts*

*waits for 5th season in the league*

*waits for retirement*

Playing another year on a team where he would have been the primary option would have made him a better player, certainly mentally at least. Now his confidence is shaken and he'll probably never have the opportunity to lead a team and grow as a leader

if his confidence is shaken now, it would be shaken a year from now. nothing would have changed.

and AB has been injury prone his entire high school career, it would have been very stupid for him to come back, he was the number 1 pick how can you say he didn't make the right choice. :lol:

good point as well

damb if u do damb if u dont

Back
Top Bottom