The College Basketball Post

Look if you want to talk about how Myck/Tristan/Cory ended up at Texas we can do so, but this idea that wiggins got big money to pick kansas, I just dont really buy.

I know you college basketball fans are so jaded, and it's easy to see conspiracies everywhere, so belive me if you want, but there were no addidas rumor inuendo untill he picked kansas, that strikes me as classic confirmation bias. most people in here said FSU, I said North Carolina/Kansas.

but who ultimately who cares.the only reason this stuff happens is because of NCAA "fake amturism".

what he tweet

Wasn't there a rumor floating around that Kevin Durant and his mom got $100K to go to Texas?

Idk..maybe that was a local rumor, but this is back before social media really took off.

I remember hearing from other UT athletes at the time that came from my HS saying that the boosters put in work.

Last edited:
It's not as close but he doesn't have nearly the amount of face time with the recruits so it goes both ways.

Two sides to the same coin.

Nah, not really at all. The influence of being around the greatest players in the NBA, (especially when the biggest criticism against his program is the lack of elite players it produces on the pro level) and plugging in Duke guys when they don't belong far outweighs whatever Billy D gets. He wouldn't have jumped so hard to defend the criticism if he knew it wasn't true. And it's not even a knock cause everyone would do it if they could, Cal's just mad he doesn't get to coach the squad. But K just goes way to hard to protect his moral brand or whatever.

I see that and raise you the fact that Donnovan has those same kids they are all recruiting for 3.5 weeks during the summer... he's talking to and coaching these kids directly during this period.

How is that not a bigger advantage than K coaching and interacting with NBA players while having next to no interaction with recruits?

Last edited:
Not a UK fan just live here, Quentin Goodin is a good college prospect pretty stout for his size plays PG for Taylor Co.

Another Kentucky kid to watch in 2016 is Eli Wright good size for SG athletic, he plays fo Apollo in Owensboro which is about 20 miles from me. I was a JV coach and varsity assistant last year and we played them, he can play. Athletic and left handed. Ive heard Florida and UofL are starting to recruit him. He already has offers from IU, Purdue and Tennessee. Be good to see a local kid playing at a Power 5 school. Hes ranked #128 on Rivals for 2016

I see that and raise you the fact that Donnovan has those same kids they are all recruiting for 3.5 weeks during the summer... he's talking to and coaching these kids directly during this period.

How is that not a bigger advantage than K coaching and interacting with NBA players while having next to no interaction with recruits?
Being able to sell what you're doing on the highest level of international basketball, with the most talented players in the world is, coaching on nat'l tv while the whole country is watching > than being around the kids for 3.5 weeks. You know that, man. Don't sip that blue kool aid for this one. Ask Billy D which job he'd rather have in regards to helping recruiting. Would you rather have Bron, Kobe, and Wade slurping you to the world as a great coach, or access to Jahlil Parker for 3 weeks? Not even close.

The classes that he has access to changes every year. The audience for the Olympic/FIBA team doesn't.

Last edited:
Wasn't there a rumor floating around that Kevin Durant and his mom got $100K to go to Texas?

Idk..maybe that was a local rumor, but this is back before social media really took off.

I remember hearing from other UT athletes at the time that came from my HS saying that the boosters put in work.

It was more than that.

KD and Ty Lawson were supposed to be a package deal to UNC.

As for the Duke ****...at the end of the day, you can't possibly believe that K is landing recruits because of the USA team.

It's...Duke...and it's Coach K. That sells itself. They'd be pulling 5 stars even if he was coaching Nigeria

Last edited:
It was more than that.

As for the Duke ****...at the end of the day, you can't possibly believe that K is landing recruits because of the USA team.

It's...Duke...and it's Coach K. That sells itself. They'd be pulling 5 stars even if he was coaching Nigeria

Sells what? That you wont be a good pro? That your going to be a bust? :lol:

Coach K went from landing Kyle Singler's/Nolan Smith's/Elliot Williams/Mason Plumlee.

then just like magic, he's getting projected top 3 picks, Kyrie/Jabari/Jahlil.

Why do you think that happened? Coach K was getting ZERO play from this type of prospects for almost half a decade, and then he's coaching team USA and he's picking projected elite NBA players.

You act like duke sells itself but the evidence is there, it didn't for a good amount of time.

Last edited:
Pre team USA from like 2003, I have no Idea why you would think a 18 year old kid would think going to Duke is going to make him an elite NBA player.

based on what, Carlos Boozer? Luol Deng?

Nobody would have thought Duke (and to an extent Syracuse) would be going this strong in 2014 on the last leg of K and Boeheim's careers. The Olympic experience and pitch of working with Kobe, Bron, Melo, KD etc has definitely helped. These guys miss important in-person recruiting time due to the commitment and it's only strengthened the results of their recruiting. Isn't the answer pretty much in that?

Anyone would do it and should do it, I don't fault them.

It was more than that.

What happened with that? I heard a bunch of different stories from KD not being able to score high enough in math, to KD and Rick Barnes were really tight.

Anyone have any insight or guesses where PJ Dozier ends up? Michigan is one of his top 5 but I don't know much about his recruitment because Michigan focused on other guys for so long.

I would say UNC. South Carolina and Georgetown being the dark horses. L'Ville will try to get back in it now, too.

I think he is an elite long term prospect. I almost want him more than One year of Rabb.

Last edited:
Nobody would have thought Duke (and to an extent Syracuse) would be going this strong in 2014 on the last leg of K and Boeheim's careers. The Olympic experience and pitch of working with Kobe, Bron, Melo, KD etc has definitely helped. These guys miss important in-person recruiting time due to the commitment and it's only strengthened the results of their recruiting. Isn't the answer pretty much in that?

:lol:

The whole duke and players are busts is lame...people need to realize not every player is going to be superstar...has the USA job helped? I'm sure it did a little but to say he wouldn't have gotten top recruits without the gig is way off base...i think if anything he's more open to 1 and done players now than before...he adapted to the times

:pimp: :pimp:

Grinch-Smile-GIF-the-grinch-27844611-500-363.gif

Back
Top Bottom