The College Basketball Post

What type of activities did you have in mind?
Any recommendations regarding food/bars/interesting places to see or shop at around town would be great.

Not partial to anything in particular, just looking for a good overall experience.  

As somebody who is not a big Duke fan, it makes me happy to know that Okafor is a one n' done.

I don't know if I could take 4 years of him playing.

Hell, it seemed like Reddick played 16 years of college ball.

Any recommendations regarding food/bars/interesting places to see or shop at around town would be great.

Not partial to anything in particular, just looking for a good overall experience.  

Bright Leaf Square/The Golden Belt/American Tobacco campus has a number of different restaurants and bars. It's in downtown, so a lot of Duke ppl frequent there. Bull McCabes is a place I used to hit often

Southpoint/Northlake are the malls to check out for shoes

Downtown Durham also has breweries like Fullsteam (which I am partial too), Aviator and Bull City Burgers and breweries

I'd also encourage you check out Duke's campus and Duke Gardens (if you're coming with a lady friend)

If BBQ is an interest, I'd encourage you to check out the Backyard BBQ Pit and/or the Q-Shack

Last edited:
The UConn women always beat Duke by 20+ since coach G left town . Why the hell do those teams still schedule each other :smh:

Bright Leaf Square/The Golden Belt/American Tobacco campus too has a number of different restaurants and bars. It's in downtown, so a lot of Duke ppl frequent there. Bull McCabes is a place I used to hit often

Southpoint/Northlake are the malls to check out for shoes

Downtown Durham also has breweries like Fullsteam (which I am partial too), Aviator and Bull City Burgers and breweries

I'd also encourage you check out Duke's campus and Duke Gardens (if you're coming with a lady friend)

If BBQ is an interest, I'd encourage you to check out the Backyard BBQ Pit and/or the Q-Shack
pimp.gif
 Really appreciate it!

Man ain't a ************ing thing in Durham, place is a dump.

And this coming from a duke fan, and somebody who moved here 6 months ago.

Last edited:
When I used to hit Durham a lot I would go to spots in chapel hill too

Not too far from raleigh either...cool area overall

I'm mad I never got the chance to work a Duke vs St. John's game. Went to Lousiville, saw Pitino walk out to the Godfather theme, went to Memphis when we lost in the NIT. Couldn't swing a trip to Duke though, didn't have the seniority for it.

Last edited:
I'm mad I never got the chance to work a Duke vs St. John's game. Went to Lousiville, saw Pitino walk out to the Godfather theme, went to Memphis when we lost in the NIT. Couldn't swing a trip to Duke though, didn't have the seniority for it.
You see L'ville in Yum Center or Freedom Hall?

Whichever one it was it was a pretty dope experience :lol: I didn't work the 2010-11 season since that was Lavin's first year and I wanted to just enjoy my senior year so it may have been Freedom. Honestly don't remember at this point.

I wanna go down to university of Kentucky for a game one day. That's like the Mecca of college hoops.

Last edited:
Lol, you would know the difference between freedom hall and the yum center... One is a **** hole that smells terrible and the other is a bar/club with a basketball court. According to most media, the yum center rivals most NBA arenas.

Lol, you would know the difference between freedom hall and the yum center... One is a **** hole that smells terrible and the other is a bar/club with a basketball court. According to most media, the yum center rivals most NBA arenas.
Rupp is starting to show it's age too,every time I'm in there and look at those dusty *** rafters I cringe a bit.We deserve better.

Don't go to a Duke game. Waste of time.
Why you say that?

Watching a Duke game is on my sports bucket list.  
Ditto.
Whichever one it was it was a pretty dope experience
laugh.gif
I didn't work the 2010-11 season since that was Lavin's first year and I wanted to just enjoy my senior year so it may have been Freedom. Honestly don't remember at this point.

I wanna go down to university of Kentucky for a game one day. That's like the Mecca of college hoops.
That would be Allen Fieldhouse for me. But Rupp is aight too...

Back
Top Bottom