Northeastern
Wofford
Manhattan
Robert Morris
Valpo
NDSU
Gonzaga
Lafayette

Stinking a** Miami . I hope my Gators get another chance at the Canes in the NIT, this time with UF having a full roster.

In fairness, They were a 1 in 2012 and if Kendall doesn't get injured, they likely play in (and possibly win) the title game.

I would bet on them having a Top 5-10 team next year.

Exactly, that squad was likely playing in the title game.

When has Roy been known to find diamonds in the rough? :lol:

Like OKB said, a lot is luck in regards to how prospects pan out. how was he to know that McAdoo would suck, plus he was a legacy. Nate Britt maxed out before he got to UNC and he was committed forever. PJ was an idiot. He simply hasn't landed that blue chip guy who can carry the team in the past few years. The perception of UNC has not changed. That's silly.

Yeah, UNC has been getting highly touted recruits, they just don't pan out.

I will say It's not bad luck though. Uncle Roy has just been picking the wrong players.

Maybe it's just me but players like Mcadoo, Justin Jackson, Theo Pinson, JP Tokoto, Bryce Johnson, and Marcus Paige always seemed like 4 year less talented players despite they're rankings. I've haven't been high on any of UNC's recruits coming in recently.

This is the nature of college basketball. Once seniors and pros leave and the next recruiting class doesent live up to expectations..you're looking at a few down years.

Last edited:
Recruits also become highly touted when they pick UNC. There's a difference between highly touted and elite.

Recruits also become highly touted when they pick UNC. There's a difference between highly touted and elite.

Jackson, Mcadoo, Johnson and Paige were considered Elite recruits.

Hell, after the McDonald's game McAdoo was considered a top 3 pick on most mock drafts. They were saying he was an SF then. I couldn't understand how a 6'8 PF with absolutely no ball skills or jumper was so highly regarded.

Paige was the #2 PG in the country. Jackson #2 SF. Johns up there too. Those are elite recruits. Maybe not elite pro prospects.

And much love to my man Cat Barber. Been waiting on him to break out. Showing out for Hampton roads.

Cat Barber reminds me of a young Jeff Teague.

Roy has legit big guys this year and won't adjust his style. This whole "run run run" thing isn't working lately. It's not the route to go with legitimate big men.

Roy says he's struggling getting kids on campus, maybe that has a little something to do with a pretty big looming NCAA penalty.

He talked McAdoo into coming back after his frosh year and his game just didn't improve.

He landed Felton already and most likely will land Seventh so he'll get top kids, he just needs to learn to adjust or get kids that fit his style. Running with Tokoto and Jackson on the wings who can't stretch the floor and aren't great shooters has been to blame for a lot of the struggles this year.

Anyways, back to drinking in Greensboro at the tournament. Y'all enjoy it fellas

One up. He plays tomorrow, if only LSU could get him

LSU going to be so filthy with Simmons and Blakely. If LSU somehow gets Newman...it's lights out.

Real talk, Ben Simmons is the best pro prospect right now. Including the guys in this years draft.

I decided to make the ride to watch Malik tomorrow. Going to drink and watch the LSU game tomorrow then head out to watch Malik do his thing. 

I decided to make the ride to watch Malik tomorrow. Going to drink and watch the LSU game tomorrow then head out to watch Malik do his thing. 
He's overrated. Great at creating his own shot, but gets away with A LOT that you can't do in college. Reminds me of Josh Selby (mentally too)...

...but I have only seen him play two games in person, so I don't have the best opinion of him.

He's overrated. Great at creating his own shot, but gets away with A LOT that you can't do in college. Reminds me of Josh Selby (mentally too)...

...but I have only seen him play two games in person, so I don't have the best opinion of him.

His shot selection is definitely questionable. And in HS, he has the ultimate green light. Plus he's so talented that it works at the HS level. In a controlled setting, he's def much more cerebral.

You shoulda seen him this past summer at the FIBA U17. Newman played point for team USA and ran the offense and was patient and made sound decisions.

Suprised you call him overrated when only seeing him play twice though.

Last edited:
Jackson, Mcadoo, Johnson and Paige were considered Elite recruits.

Hell, after the McDonald's game McAdoo was considered a top 3 pick on most mock drafts. They were saying he was an SF then. I couldn't understand how a 6'8 PF with absolutely no ball skills or jumper was so highly regarded.

Paige was the #2 PG in the country. Jackson #2 SF. Johns up there too. Those are elite recruits. Maybe not elite pro prospects.
None of those guys were elite. I really don't know what else to say. The rankings often pump up guys based on Nike and what school they sign with. 

Brice Johnson was definitely not considered an elite recruit. 

McAdoo was the most highly regarded, but clearly the scouting services whiffed there. You said it yourself that a he's a 6'8 pf with no jumper or ball skills. What's elite about that? 

I'm talking about the blue chip guys, and Roy has struggled in landing those guys as of late.

LSU going to be so filthy with Simmons and Blakely. If LSU somehow gets Newman...it's lights out.

Real talk, Ben Simmons is the best pro prospect right now. Including the guys in this years draft.
Ben Simmons is a better prospect than Towns?

Mcaddoo was def a blue chipper, just didn't pan out.

Justin Jackson was pretty clos to a blue chipper, he's also hans't been as good as advertised

But guys do get overrated and get token Mcd's aa slots because they pick Duke or North Carolina.

*cough* marshall Plumlee *cough"

Ben Simmons is a better prospect than Towns?

hell no.

The 2015 class is weak as hell in general.

I don't like his game but I also don't think he's overrated, the class just isn't very good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom