The College Basketball Post

Told yall boys before he put on that Ohio State jersey that the kid is the real deal and smooth as silk.

Talent wise yeah, I just think the NBA will be too physical for him year one.

Oubre is another one that's gonna struggle for a couple of years. He's definitely not ready.
I dunno. I think you are overrating the physicality difference a little too much. As frail as MCW was when he came in the league, he doesn't even look that bad anymore. I also don't really consider Russell to be weak. Did you think Wiggins should have stayed another year?
Nah Wiggins is an athletic freak. I look at Russell I see a 19 year old kid that wI'll need a year or two to adjust to playing against men. Staying in college, although he won't, allows him to mature physically. He's not gonna come in and drop 15 and 8 from the jump.

Real talk I hope Kentucky lose 1st rd, just so everyone bracket is F'd up, and I'm dead serious. I hope Kentucky loses 1st rd.

They said KD wasn't physically ready either and he turned out just fine. Not everybody coming out of college looking like Harrell :lol:

Staying another year for guys like Towns and Russel would be useless.

I can agree on Obrue staying, not sold on his game outside of his athleticism

Nah Wiggins is an athletic freak. I look at Russell I see a 19 year old kid that wI'll need a year or two to adjust to playing against men. Staying in college, although he won't, allows him to mature physically. He's not gonna come in and drop 15 and 8 from the jump.
Depending on what team drafts him, and if they have a couple weapons, I could completely see him being a Harden type that runs the offense and can drop 15 pts and 8 assists.

He's one of the best players in college basketball right now. Playing against these guys for another year won't do anything for him.

I think he's a little more shifty than Roy and a better long range shooter. Also likes to push the ball much more than Roy did.

There's a smaller Harden/Ginobili mixed with Curry in him.

Kid is just an absolute player, going to be so good.

You can't compare anyone to KD man :lol: Durant is a once in a lifetime talent. Guy can pull up from anywhere on the court and score.

15 and 8 rookie year?.. nah I don't see it, he probably wouldn't even start or have control of a team like that.

They said KD wasn't physically ready either and he turned out just fine. Not everybody coming out of college looking like Harrell :lol:

Staying another year for guys like Towns and Russel would be useless.

I can agree on Obrue staying, not sold on his game outside of his athleticism
This. However, I want Oubre to come out because I want the Celtics to get him. I think he's going to be really good, but Self's coaching limits his players...

*Rich Homie Adlib* Don't look Like that!!!

:nthat:
Can't wait for these #Clamps to come out round 2.
#NoYouFeelSomeTypahWay

Can't believe yall really entertaining that conversation. Steph curry is 6'3 190

And Dennis Scheder is about 170

Russell will be fine. This ain't the 80''s and 90's.

Staying in college should be for developing a basketball IQ and experience.  A college kid won't know NBA physicality until he experiences it...no matter how many college games he plays or weights he lifts.

15 and 8 rookie year?.. nah I don't see it, he probably wouldn't even start or have control of a team like that.
Current top 5 in the draft is Knicks-Wolves-Sixers-Lakers-Magic. Which one of those teams is he not starting for?

Can't believe yall really entertaining that conversation. Steph curry is 6'3 190

And Dennis Scheder is about 170

Russell will be fine. This ain't the 80''s and 90's.
Curry is the greatest shooter of our generation and Schroder averaged 3 and 1.5 in 13 mpg his rookie season. Not the best comparisons.

Guys need time to adjust. I just see Russell struggling initally that is all.

Not every rookie is going to set the NBA on fire right away. Guys like Irving, Wall, Rose are the elite of the elite for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom