The College Basketball Post

Randle is going to end up at UK...When was the last time a top big went to Duke again?

And Calhoun must feel a little dumb now for not riding into the sunset with Kemba

I was just using the NCAA's definition. The shop doesnt care who the person is. If someone walks in with 30k theyre gonna get that credit.

That streak is gonna end eventually AMP

naturally I do favor the BCS league teams because of physical size/talent/depth over the course of a season in a top league, they have more quality players. So I would take VCU/Creigton/SDSU/UNLV on a neutral floor over a handful of teams ahead of them in November or March but not over the course of a Big XII/Big East season, if that makes sense. just not built for that grind.

I know I'm out on a limb with Duke, Florida, Tennessee, Arkansas and Miami.

- Louisville isn't loaded from a pure talent stand point but they have everything you could want in the dynamics of a team to me. PG who can distribute and pressure the ball, off guard who can get his own shot, wing that can shoot/score, low block scorer and offensive rebounder at PF + a defensive presence at 7'. a bench with Hancock, Ware, Marra, Harrell and Price that covers each position. And a HOF coach.

- UK still has 4 or 5 first round picks on their roster. Poythress/Noel aren't going to step in and be the 2 best defenders on the country like Davis/MKG but they might not be far off. And maybe nobody has a guy as talented as Willie Cauley coming off the bench at 7'.

- difference between OSU/UF/IU is minuscule - literally .1 of a number in these power ratings. I like OSU because even if Matta can't coach defense, Craft/Smith/Thompson/Williams all can be/are lights out defenders to pair with Thomas. I don't trust Indiana on the road to win or to defend. That said, if they lose more than 1 game at home I'll be surprised. So, I'm buying in, just not all the way like others. And you have to figure there's no less than 10-11 kids on that team that will be expecting to play and that's never easy to handle.

- Kenny Boynton was really, really good last year. High expectations have made him an easy target - for myself included. I just like the trio of him, Young and Murphy a lot.

- UNLV has a lot going for them although to me, A) Marshall is a hell of a player but not a true PG. B) Dave Rice did nothing Lon Kruger couldn't have done last year, he might have even done less. C) No Birch till till January. D) They didn't beat a Top 50 team away from home all year and faded down the stretch - and I love the guy, but Moser especially. Drew Gordon and Andre Roberson whooped him.

- Duke's been a 1 or 2 seed in 8 of the last 9 years. They'll win out of conference and clean up at home as usual. I think they'll be better this year anyway. Bigger and better defensively and *should* play through size.

- Syracuse has 3 scholarship guards (and really 2 are unproven) and no small forwards with legit perimeter skills. Size and 2-3 will still be very strong but they have to take a step back on offense and in transition.

my thoughts.

I was just using the NCAA's definition. The shop doesnt care who the person is. If someone walks in with 30k theyre gonna get that credit.

That streak is gonna end eventually AMP

:lol: of course you'd think that. Bottom line is anyone who walked into a jewelry store with 30k is going to get  68k credit, the store would be stupid to turn away that type of money. As far as the NCAA goes the 30k isn't the problem it's the credit. Whether or not that credit would be offered to a normal student, which if a normal student has 30k then I see no reason for it not to be. No agent was gonna give Lance any advance and Duke wasn't gonna pay him that :lol: if Lance was getting that from someone around our program then who knows what they would pay for good players.

The Jewelry store owner isn't talking to the NCAA and said that the story is being blown out of proportion. The suit was filed back in January. Nothing is going to happen. 
Not sure where you saw the UNC stuff. This is the last update i've heard. Don't see him passing up the opportunity to play with his best friend Matt Jones honestly.

@clintjackson1-Kentucky and Duke strong. Kansas, UNC and Florida very much in picture

It was a UNC recruiting site so probably very biased...

I know I'm out on a limb with Duke, Florida, Tennessee, Arkansas and Miami.

I could see Duke doing well in the regular season. Florida has a brutal schedule, I think UF plays 9 teams in the top 40 you made ( at least once) . Tennessee needs somebody to step up on the wing and Kenny Hall has to give some effort off the bench.

-I'm high on OSU as well with those athletic, NBA sized wings they have. Loaded and versatile.

-I guess that you were trying to be modest with your G'Town ranking.

-Not as high on Miami, I guess that you're banking on Jimmy's coaching and the big boy to be back to what we say before he got hurt. 

-UNLV higher, Cincy over WVU for sure 
sick.gif
. Losing Kevin Jones is huge for them. Murray is eligible, but this is just another typical awful Huggins offensive team and physical on defense.

- I probably would have Pitt higher as well. I think that they'll be a lot better this year.

I think some preseason polls might have Michigan higher than that but I'm won't disagree with that. I'm looking forward to the preseason NIT, I think we have a good chance to win it. I'm leery of replacing Novak and Douglas' leadership with freshman, even if they are talented.

Whos finally playing that didnt play last season?

The Kansas kids? Kiwi Gardner? Did Josiah really go overseas? Is DeAndre Daniels gonna see the floor at UCONN? Bishop from Miami

I work for SI (college bball) my man. But...

1. UCLA coach Ben Howland said that North Carolina transfer Larry Drew II will start at the point. “That’s going to happen,’’ said Howland. “He’s our most indispensable player.’’ Drew is getting a second chance at his college career after he was removed from the Tar Heels' starting lineup two years ago in favor of Kendall Marshall. Drew subsequently left the team in the middle of the ACC season. But he has won over the UCLA coaching staff and offered needed experience on the recent trip to China. The current eligibility issues surrounding Kyle Anderson make Drew’s role even more important. Anderson is considered an offensive possibility at the point, but is lacking on the defensive end.

How does Larry Drew even sleep at night knowing Kendall took his spot, took the team far, got injured and is now replaceing Steve Nash :x

I'd be surprised if Randle ends up anywhere other than Kentucky. I'd also be surprised if the Harrisons ended up somewhere other than UMD.

larry drew should start at PG its not like UCLA has anyone else that can and he has done fine all summer.

u cant start kyle anderson at PG, he cant guard other PG

I work for SI (college bball) my man. But...

1. UCLA coach Ben Howland said that North Carolina transfer Larry Drew II will start at the point. “That’s going to happen,’’ said Howland. “He’s our most indispensable player.’’ Drew is getting a second chance at his college career after he was removed from the Tar Heels' starting lineup two years ago in favor of Kendall Marshall. Drew subsequently left the team in the middle of the ACC season. But he has won over the UCLA coaching staff and offered needed experience on the recent trip to China. The current eligibility issues surrounding Kyle Anderson make Drew’s role even more important. Anderson is considered an offensive possibility at the point, but is lacking on the defensive end.

Alright, thanks.

I like everyone on Miami. Durand, Reggie, Kadji, TMJ, Rion Brown, they get Gamble back for a 6th year etc. If they can stay healthy, they should do well. Everybody on paper/profile complements everyone else.

I'd just play Bazz and Kyle along with Powell. I like(d) him more than Drew or Lamb.

Back
Top Bottom