The College Basketball Post

Yes, WSU did go to the Final 4 last year. They beat Pitt, the worst 1 seed in a long time, La Salle, and an Ohio State team that shot 31% (and almost still won)...

More battle tested than KU...bro...have you seen KUs schedule? I really try not to sound like a homer but saying Wichita State is more battle tested than KU is ludicrous.
Nah, they actually beat Gonzaga.

You go out of your way to research and give me OSU's FG%, but you conveniently leave out the fact that they lost to a great Louisville team (eventual champ) on a Final 4 stage by 4 points.

I don't give a damn about KU's regular season schedule.

A bunch of dudes who've played in the Final 4 are more battle tested than a bunch of frosh that haven't played in a single tourney game.

Last edited:

Nah, they actually beat Gonzaga.

You go out of your way to research and give me OSU's FG%, but you conveniently leave out the fact that they lost to a great Louisville team (eventual champ) on a Final 4 stage by 4 points as a 16 seed.

I don't give a damn about KU's regular season schedule.

A bunch of dudes who've played in the Final 4 are more battle tested than a bunch of frosh that haven't played in a single tourney game.
9 seed. And nah I already knew about OSUs FG%...and you don't care about a team's regular season schedule that was played within 3-4 months but you care about something that happened 11 months ago. Okay makes sense. Also...Tharp, Ellis, Black have played significant minutes on NCAAT games.

Last edited:
Typo (16/9 doesn't change anything I said).

Regular season "battle testing" means nothing when it comes to the tourney.

Who's played in a Final 4?

Who, for the most part, doesn't even know what selection Sunday feels like?

Last edited:

Typo (16/9 doesn't change anything I said).

Regular season "battle testing" means nothing when it comes to the tourney.

Who's played in a Final 4?

Who, for the most part, doesn't even know what selection Sunday feels like?
Regular season battle testing means nothing? C'mon man. Why do coaches like Izzo, K, and Self schedule tough non-con regular seasons then? For fun?

It's ridiculous to me you're taking more from ONE game ELEVEN months ago than 30 games in the past 3-4 months.

They weren't battle tested when they went to the final four, they are better this year, top 20 in offense and defense, not turnover heavy, I just don't see how they aren't a contender.

"Battle tested" is a cliche.

Last edited:
They weren't battle tested when they went to the final four, they are better this year, top 20 in offense and defense, I just don't see how they aren't a contender.

"Battle tested" is a cliche.
I agree, shouldn't have even brought it up. 
mean.gif
 ...but they were more "battle tested" last year...MVC was better. 

But for WSU...I just don't buy it yet (maybe I'll be wrong) but I would pick teams like Wisconsin, Iowa State, Michigan, Creighton (just to name some) to beat Wichita State...and those are teams they would play in the Sweet 16 or Elite 8.

Last edited:

It's ridiculous to me you're taking more from ONE game ELEVEN months ago than 30 games in the past 3-4 months.
It's not just 1 game.

It's ridiculous to me that you're saying a bunch of guys with Final 4 experience are less prepared for a tight game or "battle"  than a group who largely has 0 experience even being in the dance.

Last edited:

It's not just 1 game.

It's ridiculous to me that you're saying a bunch of guys with Final 4 experience are less prepared for a tight game or "battle"  than a group who largely has 0 experience even being in the dance.
Look man, I think Wichita State going to the Final Four last year doesn't hurt them and it does help them. However, you can't completely ignore regular season schedules and THIS season.

Also, regarding experience in the big dance...watch this video here... http://www.coachcal.com/27902/2014/02/maybe-experience-isnt-important-march/

Haha alright man. I like choppin' it up sometimes. Bottom line...I'm stoked for March.

Last edited:
Talk about an upset Thursday.

6 ranked teams played

5 lost. (#10 St. Louis, #17 Kentucky, #20 Iowa, #21 Memphis, #22 Ohio State)

What do you mean?

They started off hot because they played no one. They were always gonna be a middle pack team in the conference behind MSU, TTUN and Wisconsin. Iowa has been good this year too.

I have been saying in this thread for a while that I'd be shocked if they made it to the 2nd weekend of the tournament.

They don't have "that guy" and when you get them into a half court game forget about it.

I expect them to get a 6 seed and straggle to win. I'll give Craft one W, but it honestly just depends on their draw.

Back
Top Bottom