The College Basketball Post

If it was serious then the girl would've went to the police ala Chris Jones. That's my only question

That's not true it all. Not sure if he did it or what happened, but that way of thinking just makes stuff more difficult for victims of sexual assault. 

It's clearly not old news to the general public, regardless of what the insiders knew or people around the team knew. I'm pretty sure that there's a protocol that these universities go through after allegations like this, so that's the issue. Surely there was never a hearing about the incident. Caping for K/Duke when this thing was clearly mishandled doesn't diminish that the it was mishandled, whether he's guilty or not. 

Woah, we don't know the actual protocol. If it was supposed to go as high as the assistant dean then they did their job.

Latest bracketology - http://espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

SJU an 8 seed
pimp.gif
lets keep climbing
glad your tune changed 
tongue.gif

Look at Duke fans caping....we need answers Coach K 

I'd venture to guess that an affiliate of the program reaching out to a potential victim is not a part of that protocol?

that sounds like an answer

K doesn't answer that, the school does so... :rofl:

I'd venture to guess that an affiliate of the program reaching out to a potential victim is not a part of that protocol?

The girls should have just came out to the police right away, but that's obviously easier said than done.

Assistant dean is pretty high up...

It just sucks that anyone can say, "This guy raped me/ or whatever" and a whole process has to start. Just go to the cops from day one.

Quick lil story that has nothing to do with the situation.

My buddy is a freshman at UW and his roomie invites over two girls. They play drinking games all night but my buddy isn't drinking due to work in the am. He goes to sleep in their room, they have bunk beds lol.

Lil while later the roomie comes back into the room with the girl and it goes down. Obviously wakes up my buddy. All consensual.

Cops come knocking the next day and bring in my buddies roomie for questioning. Reported to the school right away etc...

Obviously didn't do it as my friend was wide awake for it and sober. Guy still got kicked out of school.

There's a difference between committing a crime and violating school policy when it comes to sexual misconduct as well.

For a every situation where a kid seemingly isn't guilty and is punished like that, you can point to so many more where the victim is accused of being a liar and their claims aren't taken seriously, or they're shamed into leaving the school, or where they walk around campus and see the person who they accused on a daily basis. Again, I have no idea what happened in this Sulaimon case, but he was accused multiple times and it appears that they completely mishandled the situation. Hope he isn't guilty, because I hate seeing this type of stuff happening to young black males. 

Yea I'm just waiting for the facts. Really hope he didn't do anything stupid for his sake.

Wonder if he was never dismissed if this would have ever come out?

I love CBB about as much as anything, but I'm even finding it difficult to watch some of this crap. Game is in serious trouble.

I love CBB about as much as anything, but I'm even finding it difficult to watch some of this crap. Game is in serious trouble.

Said it earlier this year. Least I've ever watched or even been interested in watching CBB is this year.

So, who is Texas going to hire?

Someone told me 2 years ago when Barnes was in trouble - it had to be a minority but now with Strong there, that may not be the case. Also there's like no minority candidates out there - which is a joke - CBB has actually managed to lose black head coaches over the last decade but it has. Joke.

But I'd throw everything at Greg Marshall or The other Coach K. But I can't think of many candidates that fit. Michael White, Steve Prohm, Bryce Drew, Archie and Danny Hurley are going to have the buzz this spring but short of Archie I don't think Texas sees a big enough name there (and Hurley is east coast). And I would think there's no chance in hell Shaka wants to be in Texas.

Said it earlier this year. Least I've ever watched or even been interested in watching CBB is this year.
I think part of it has to do with the utter dominance of Kentucky and the fact that no team is even relatively comparable.
So, who is Texas going to hire?

Someone told me 2 years ago when Barnes was in trouble - it had to be a minority but now with Strong there, that may not be the case. Also there's like no minority candidates out there - which is a joke - CBB has actually managed to lose black head coaches over the last decade but it has. Joke.

But I'd throw everything at Greg Marshall or The other Coach K. But I can't think of many candidates that fit. Michael White, Steve Prohm, Bryce Drew, Archie and Danny Hurley are going to have the buzz this spring but short of Archie I don't think Texas sees a big enough name there (and Hurley is east coast). And I would think there's no chance in hell Shaka wants to be in Texas.
One thing is for sure: they need to get Barnes out of there.

Back
Top Bottom