The College Basketball Post

This dude on ESPN that gets paid to talk about college basketball on national television just called Josh Jackson Brandon Jackson.

Jordan Bell read me a post-game text he got from Schoolboy Q.  He was pretty proud of that
smokin.gif

Man. That one hurt. Sprint Center was bumping last night and Oregon came in fearless. Tip of the cap to them.

I truly thought this was the year...NPOY, top 3 pick, good shooters, etc. But, just wasn't their night...

A few thoughts on the game:

+ Bell and Dorsey were absolutely unreal. They came to play and KU didn't have an answer.

+ For those talking about Self...yeah, it's pretty obvious he struggles with the Elite 8...I'm not sure what the deal is, but I'll say this...Self didn't shoot 5-25 from 3 last night. Did he coach them tight? Idk, maybe. I really didn't think KU looked tight last night, it was just one of those things where the lid really never came off the basket. Graham had a bunch of open looks and they didn't go in. That's basketball. On the other hand, Oregon had good looks (and not so good looks) and they made them. Sometimes it's just not your night.

So, yeah, is it just extremely unlucky? I'd like to think so, but I really don't know what the deal is.

+ Feel really bad for Frank, man...kept them in it in the first half until Oregon made two 3s in the final 45 seconds. Dude was a stud. Absolutely loved watching him play.

+ Sometimes basketball is really simple. You have to make shots. KU didn't, Oregon did.

Other thoughts:

+ I hope Josh Jackson's yer ends the whole "one-and-done wings shouldn't go to KU narrative"...not only did JJ have a great year, he got better as the year went on.

+ Bill Self is a top five coach in the country. Any KU fan who thinks he should be fired is an absolute moron.

+ Not sure what next year looks like. Graham and Svi's decision will be big for KU. If they return, could be a good year...if not, I'm not sure what next year looks like.

+ Landen Lucas struggled last night, but he's KU's most-underappreciated player of all-time in my opinion.

+ Not a huge fan of the "I don't care about B12 Championships and 30-win season fan" ...getting to the Final Four is damn hard. Should Self get there more? Yes. Is Self the best coach for KU right now? Yes, and that's not even a question.

Tough game. Fun year. Rock Chalk.

Last edited:
 Saw SEC commissioner Greg Sankey earlier in media room. Suggested he's had a pretty good week. He replied, "If only we could have gotten that Arkansas game." He was kidding. I think.
laugh.gif

Sloppy play all over the place :smh: Gators need to tighten up, they're throwing wild passes and giving in to South Carolinas pressure too often. Simple passes.

Can you believe it? A pair of SEC teams have Madison Square Garden ROCKING. Good energy in here. Strong pace to the game.
 Plenty of big names are in attendance at Madison Square Garden to see either South Carolina or Florida advance to the Final Four, including Beatles legend Paul McCartney, country music star and Gamecock fan Darius Rucker, 49ers WR and former Gamecock Bruce Ellington, and NCAA president Mark Emmert.

Last edited:
Wow didn't know there were so many KU fans on here 
laugh.gif

Jordan Bell needs to jump to the 1st round after these performances

0/12 from 3 this half :stoneface: Stop hucking these shots and drive. Get to the line. Make the refs call a foul.

Back
Top Bottom