The Combat Jack Show Thread

We might be seeing the end of Juan Epstein if this is the caliber of guest we are going to be getting

Wasn't a fan of Combat with this Shawn Pen(Little Shawn) interview. He seemed to jump around and it made the interview seem rushed. Shawn is a good story teller, but the jumping around got to be confusing. One moment we are talking about Jimmy Henchman and the next moment Haitian Jack or Howie Tee. And Combat was leading him to do it.

He didn't even discuss what Shawn got knocked for or his time in prison.

Uncle Murda up next

Ya the Combat interview was all over the place. And he did force the interview to fly all over instead of
sticking to a timeline. The FatJew interview on Juan was terrible I just can't get down with them dudes.
Neither are funny at all, but FatJew is light years funnier than Cipha will ever be. Hate to be negative but
I really didn't dig the Money and Power interview either. I respect the fact that the producer did it all from
scratch and made something out of nothing. The show is terrible, and the fact that they realize the acting
is buns kinda frustrates me.

Not looking forward to Uncle Murda, I mean what has he done in the realm of hip-hop? The guest on both
shows are starting to be complete trash. I guess it could be extremely hard to book interesting guest back
to back for months at a time. I'm guessing this is why podcast like these work better monthly, or so?? But
then it leaves hardcore listeners stuck.

Last edited:
Might be a New York thing, but I appreciate the Shawn Pen and Uncle Murda interviews. I knew of Shawn's time in the streets.

Uncle Murda has been on Hot 97 and Power lately, and he's always a good interview. Been listening to Murda for like a decade, through the Ra Diggs period.

The Money & Violence, they take themselves too seriously, and kid with them was annoying me.

Gotta listen to the Shawn Pen....I was dosing in and outta sleep at work while listening to it lol was mad tired that night

Juan Ep probably is done because they were piggybacking guest at hot 97.....now they can't record there so I can't see it staying strong because I doubt industry people **** w/ them heavy outside of the station situation they both had to go outta their way

I don't know why you guys think Juan Ep is done, every few days. :lol: If you don't like it, fine. But it's not done, man. It's definitely ranked higher than Combat on the iTunes Charts (166 to 251). I'm pretty sure they're doing alright over there.

I don't know why you guys think Juan Ep is done, every few days. :lol: If you don't like it, fine. But it's not done, man. It's definitely ranked higher than Combat on the iTunes Charts (166 to 251). I'm pretty sure they're doing alright over there.

iTunes charts?

That's like saying Macklemore sold more than Nas :lol: Who does that in rap debates?

I hope they're ranked higher since they were on the radio every day for years, much less Cipha being on MTV and BET.

If they keep not having guest and dudes not worth listening to, it will be done. Nobody listens to Juan Ep for them, besides maybe you.

This is according to your polling? You want it one way, but it's the other way.

We're not talking about who's better. I don't really care. So your comparison doesn't hold. Because it would be just as foolish to say that Macklemore is "done." We're not debating rap or podcast merit. We're talking popularity, of sorts.

You're implying that something is "done" because of all this research you've done and all these examples of other podcasts being done from lack of guests ( that you like) that you've mentioned and the download numbers that you've seen that have been falling way off. Or you don't have any of those things and you're just saying things. The only fact is Juan Ep charts higher than Combat, so if it's done then what is Combat? or even The Champs, who also chart lower. None of them are done. You're just saying things. You don't like them, cool. Obviously, people aren't unsubscribing en masse.

Let them keep having no guest with them talking and see what happens :lol:

We're not debating popularity. You are, because that's your only case. That's same thing people say when they talk about quality of music. They bring up numbers, because that's all they can talk about.

I'm talking about quality of the podcast. Which everyone up here criticizes beside you. You want those numbers? Because I'm sure it's like that across the board amongst people who have personalities and senses of humor.

Unless "done" means something else besides the podcast is losing popularity or almost over, then I don't know what you speak of. They're done from a quality standpoint? When exactly did that happen? You used to be a fan? It's the same as it's been. And they used to not have guests. If Combat is soooo much better with such better guests (they do have better guests, they're just horrible at interviewing) and everybody hates Rosenberg and Ciph, where is the proof of this?? This thread? I'm not debating whose is better because it's completely subjective. There's no case to be made there. I'm not going to say anything to make you think Juan Ep is good and you're not gonna say anything to make me think Combat is good. It's fine. You like what you like. But when you speak of something being "done" then we can get into a less opinion based thing. And I don't see any evidence of them being done aside from 6 people saying it.

We're in a Combat Jack thread and "everyone" is criticizing a "competitors" podcast. Surprise. Surprise. Things extend outside of this. "Everybody" doesn't have a problem with them.

Last edited:
Unless "done" means something else besides the podcast is losing popularity or almost over, then I don't know what you speak of. They're done from a quality standpoint? When exactly did that happen? You used to be a fan? It's the same as it's been. And they used to not have guests. If Combat is soooo much better with such better guests (they do have better guests, they're just horrible at interviewing) and everybody hates Rosenberg and Ciph, where is the proof of this?? This thread? I'm not debating whose is better because it's completely subjective. There's no case to be made there. I'm not going to say anything to make you think Juan Ep is good and you're not gonna say anything to make me think Combat is good. It's fine. You like what you like. But when you speak of something being "done" then we can get into a less opinion based thing. And I don't see any evidence of them being done aside from 6 people saying it.

We're in a Combat Jack thread and "everyone" is criticizing a "competitors" podcast. Surprise. Surprise. Things extend outside of this. "Everybody" doesn't have a problem with them.

Because nobody cared enough to create it's own thread.

It's the same as it has been? With them talking about nothing for an hour and a half being unfunny :lol:

You must be Rosenberg's brother

Joe Budden was low key dissing Rosenberg and Ciph

Combat Jack is a good podcast :lol:

Cipha cares about nothing

And several times Rosenberg wasn't even listening, like when he didn't hear Joe say he was 34 or when they were talking about drugs.

Man Rosenberg interrupted a story to talk about Bonnaroo :lol:

Just started listening to this Burden Juan Ep. He's roasting from the start.:lol:

These dudes spend way too much time talking about things other than the interviewee. Does Joe Budden need to be here?:lol:

Usually I like a podcast to be disjointed and unprpfessional, but god damn. We're spending 10 minutes on Rosenberg googling whether or not Budden has ever been on Juan Ep solo.:x

Last edited:
Really trying to justify clicking on the uncle murda interview. I have no good reason to listen to this guy honestly. I heard a few of his songs which were terrible.

Rosenberg that u???
REVEAL URSELF :nerd:

We might be seeing the end of Juan Epstein if this is the caliber of guest we are going to be getting

Wasn't a fan of Combat with this Shawn Pen(Little Shawn) interview. He seemed to jump around and it made the interview seem rushed. Shawn is a good story teller, but the jumping around got to be confusing. One moment we are talking about Jimmy Henchman and the next moment Haitian Jack or Howie Tee. And Combat was leading him to do it.

Uncle Murda up next
the way it ended i was just like wtf . and i agree it felt like combat was getting what he wanted from him out of the interview and once he got it , it was over . it was leading up to be good and then it just ends abruptly . one of the more poorly handled interviews he's had so far , but hey i guess it happens..

Uncle Murda up next
the way it ended i was just like wtf . and i agree it felt like combat was getting what he wanted from him out of the interview and once he got it , it was over . it was leading up to be good and then it just ends abruptly . one of the more poorly handled interviews he's had so far , but hey i guess it happens..
true

It's hard to take dude serious who the interviewed at the beginning of the Combat podcast and his opinion on music, when he praised Manolo Rose and Run Ricky Run. That's an example of me saying any and everyone thinks they can rap these days. Son is trash.

I'm interested in hearing a Joe Budden podcast. It's probably overdue, because he was on the social media stuff early.

Really trying to justify clicking on the uncle murda interview. I have no good reason to listen to this guy honestly. I heard a few of his songs which were terrible.

I don't know, I like my content aggressive, so I mess with Murda, because he also adds wit to it.

I'd rather listen to him than someone like Drake.

Rosenberg that u???
REVEAL URSELF :nerd:

Yeah man, I was like this dude can't bash Combat's interviewing and then praise Juan Epstein's. I'm pretty impartial and I will say when a interview is bad.

Yeah man, glad it's not just me who noticed it. That was Combat's worst interview in a while. I was getting annoyed.

And to someone else who doesn't know who Haitian Jack, Domencio or even Jimmy Henchmen were, I know it was. He was supposed to paint a picture of old BK, and instead a lot of stuff was hinted and glossed over. Plus he didn't follow up on him asking about Jimmy being a snitch. He asked him about Tupac, but he sort of brushed it off. How do you leave that out?

I knew Shawn's opinions on Tupac, but he didn't follow it up. It sounds like he liked him, but he didn't like the mixed messages he sent and how he wasn't himself.

That left a lot to be desired.

Last edited:
Joe Budden podcast was wack .. all he's doing is bringing a voice to his dumb tweets on Twitter

Girls will love that bird act though

I went and looked her up. Pretty mediocre. I'm behind in my podcast. I need to check it out.

This new bun b episode is :pimp:
He's with that professor again talking about hip hop and religion
I saw the breakfast club interview and the hot 97 one
And this is by far the BEST

Them offering the course online is interesting.

The whole from minister to atheist is funny to me. It almost seems like the more he learned, the more he didn't like organized religion.

Juan ep will have to start booking guests which is a major transition from just moving artists from room to room and sometimes doing the radio bits and podcast in the same interview and room

it will be interesting to see if the artists take the trip to do the podcast

I think it will eventually just be rosenburg with guests every now and then and no ciph

honestly, combat jack and juan ep is falling off

both need to stop interrupting the guest and both need better variety of guests and also have topics without outside guests

bout to unsubscribe to both

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom