The Combat Jack Show Thread

Joe is a master troll and Tax has a short fuse. Recipe for disaster.:lol:
Basically
He was HEATED
last 5 minutes had me :rofl: hard
But u can see the build up throughout the whole podcast
Tax was like "u ain't gonna manipulate me like u do them 3rd world ******* u be ****** wit" :lol:

Not really
Tax just wasn't sugar coating the questions
He was asking the questions straight up
Like "u beat up the girl"
"Did u really think u won that rap battle"
"Was u on couples therapy to try and stay with that girl"
Budden was playing those word games he does on his podcast
With being to literal with someone's words
And trying to flip it

Ahhhh, oh yeah, I can see that.

Joe talks down to people as if everyone is a bartender and 18.

I think he only does it with certain people.

Amber Rose has a podcast?

IMO, it sound like Tax wanted to get Joe riled up. Joe didn't get upset or respond to him that way, so got annoyed.

Tax needs to grow up and learn how to interview

Tax definitely needs to grow up a bit.

Not looking forward to listening to Amber Rose justify this ridiculousness. I'm just hopeful Joe and Rory stick to their guns.

Combat Jack was very good. Very enlightening interview.

Alright before i dive into this i have a couple questions. I have been hearing about Tax from the other podcasts but I haven't listened to one yet but off the response here i gave it a shot.

1) Who is Tax and what was he doing before this podcast besides jail?

2) Is he always like this in his interviews or did he have an objective to battle with Joe?

Yeah, he was clearly trying to rile Joe up...seems like it backfired, though.:lol:

If that was the case he is dumb.

He should have came prepared for Joe which shows he isnt going to make it as a interviewer (if that is his goal)

Joe gave him opportunities to debate but he was so one track minded with his talking points that once he couldn't get a rise he gave up.

Alright before i dive into this i have a couple questions. I have been hearing about Tax from the other podcasts but I haven't listened to one yet but off the response here i gave it a shot.

1) Who is Tax and what was he doing before this podcast besides jail?

2) Is he always like this in his interviews or did he have an objective to battle with Joe?

1) Tax is a street dude who became somewhat popular from jokes on Twitter. He has a few NY industry connects, and promotes some local NY rising artist like Manolo Rose on Twitter. CTG is responsible for giving Tax a platform. He gave tax a chance, and he's been shining.

2) Tax jokes ALOT. He doesn't hold any punches really. I don't think he had an objective....I do think he wanted to test joe a lil bit.....and when Joe started responding in a condescending tone to some of Tax's jokes, that's when Tax started getting irritated.

Say what you want, but Joe was playing word games. How is "I don't know, you'd have to ask her" a valid response to being asked if someone is lying on you

Say what you want, but Joe was playing word games. How is "I don't know, you'd have to ask her" a valid response to being asked if someone is lying on you

He was definitely playing word games for the go. That's what was pissing tax off. Tax just couldn't articulate a response good enough to challenge Joe.

Any rationale person can see thru Joe's shtick. He thinks he's a lot smarter than he really is.

Joe has always been like that. Tax didn't really get mad until Joe said he doesn't comprehend.

Also clear Joe surrounds himself with people he is/thinks he's smarten than.

Tax is a dumb street dude and it really showed in that interview. He is in no way shape or form able to go
back to back with Joe on any level. He truly was answering his own questions after Joe gave a very simple
explanation.

I knew there was a reason Rory showed up to the interview, they both prob knew it was going to go down
possibly. There is no way you can get at Joe in the way Tax was hinting, it's just not possible. I suggest Tax
read up and chill out, he sounded extra corny.

Joe is a master of words and tricking stupid people BUT

That wasn't the question. He said was she making it up? And he said you would have to ask her because he is trying to paint the picture that she is crazy so his next defense would probably be along the lines that it happened but it wasn't him.

He was definitely playing word games for the go. That's what was pissing tax off. Tax just couldn't articulate a response good enough to challenge Joe.

Any rationale person can see thru Joe's shtick. He thinks he's a lot smarter than he really is.
Tax is a dumb street dude and it really showed in that interview. He is in no way shape or form able to go
back to back with Joe on any level.
He truly was answering his own questions after Joe gave a very simple
explanation.

I knew there was a reason Rory showed up to the interview, they both prob knew it was going to go down
possibly. There is no way you can get at Joe in the way Tax was hinting, it's just not possible. I suggest Tax
read up and chill out, he sounded extra corny.
All of this.

I feel like Joe comes off this way in every interview.

They were clearly testing each other here. The first half hour wasn't bad at all actually.

Last edited:
Joe is a master of words and tricking stupid people BUT

That wasn't the question. He said was she making it up? And he said you would have to ask her because he is trying to paint the picture that she is crazy so his next defense would probably be along the lines that it happened but it wasn't him.

Yep, and it doesn't help that the questions he asked besides losing to Hollow, have been asked during Joe's press
run for the album. I mean you really think he doesn't have a rapid fire answer for them off the top? Come with better
type of question to lead him into your bait, not some generic HOT97, 106.7, Combat Jack questions man.

I'd imagine he surrounds himself with people he dominates intellectually, has to be boring. He looked at Tax like a
joke.

i wouldnt say that Tax is a dumb guy...

i just think that Budden let Tax show his hand and saw that Tax couldnt fully articulate himself

so Joe did what Joe does.

i just found it funny how Rory stepped in to kind of defend Joe....maybe it's just me

Last edited:
Maybe dumb is a bad word to use. He just isn't prepared at this point to engage in these kinds of conversations and deal with a tough interviewee...which is vital in this podcasting thing.

I think Joe is just sick of answering those questions. He took issue with The Breakfast Club too.

Shame, because I was looking forward to hearing these dudes have an actual discussion...it was fun while it lasted.

Back
Top Bottom