The Cool Kids - Before S#1T Got Weird (Triple Album) Out Now!

If he was a new artist, Lap of Lux would def be his breakout project
This. Lap of Lux is one of my favorite mixtapes of all-time.  Permanent spot in the whip rotation.  Don't know how he didn't blow up after that 
mean.gif

Take it to the floor for a player

Bounce that *** to the ground girl

Pick up the names that you dropped while you there

I don't know them ******

pimp.gif

Sir Michael Rocks will drop the follow-up to Populair, Populair 2, on April 8.

Considering how abstract the original was, fans can only wonder what part two has in store. As for the direction of the album, Sir Michael Rocks said, "The first installment was more personal, dark and introspective, but this one picks up the pace and gives you some hard hitting, head-knod worthy bangers. All the while still hitting you with some creative, crafty writing and catchy tunes," Michael says. "It’s been a great experience creating the Populair saga, so I hope everyone enjoys the last installment and can take some energy from it.” Based on his statement and the uptempo sound of How Are You So Calm, the first song released off the project, it is likely that the second installment is very much a contrast of the first.

How Are You So Calm

Last edited:
This new rap sounds like he just gets on Tumblr all day, most of it sounds like a parody. It's not hard to say a certain style is redundant in any case

He actually had dope lines but the beat, flow, and basically everything else was just a mess

Here's a stream: http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/stream-sir-michael-rocks-populair-part-2-ep-news.20999.html

I liked a few tracks, but I wasn't feeling the new rapping styles Mikey was trying out on others. My favorite tracks were Kilo On Craigslist and The Woods. RAIDEN and How Are You So Calm were alright. Didn't like his flow on U Kill Me or Uno Baby Mami. He ruined some good beats in my opinion.

Overall, I didn't like the direction of the first and second Populair from Banco, which I thought was a good album. Then again, he's always been one to innovate and some people were saying the same thing when he switched his style from his solid mixtape run to Banco.

What did you guys think?

Last edited:
Hit a Lick 
pimp.gif

Here's two of my other favorites, both instrumentals are smooth:

Last edited:
Shorty k and Tris got off on hit a lick

Both of those songs are still tough as well... Especially alive and high

My joints since I've revisited the CD are checking and chill

Yo imagine if reservations was on the tape this joint would have be 10x wavier!!!

Banco popular and livin it up prob my fav on the rocks report. Foreign features quite possibly his hardest track tho.

Don't care wat nobody say fam donkey of the day. How yu make 4 tapes of a certain sound and forget how it sound

Back
Top Bottom