THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

Word. Exactly why I think he was just imagining it. It's the life Alfred wanted for Bruce and I seriously doubt that he would end up in the same damn spot and cafe that Alfred described to him.

He's Bruce Wayne, the same guy who found everybody else he's ever looked for in all 3 movies...I'm sure he was able to find a way to find Alfred and set himself up where he would definitely see him. Some people just have too much Inception in their minds for something pretty obvious.

On another note, seeing Bane crack Batman's mask made me realize that it's actually pretty cool that nobody, besides Alfred, ever see's Batman without the mask. It's my one knock against all the Marvel superhero movies that the hero always has a stupid reason to take off their masks just so they can show the actors face.

Absolutely loved the film. Wonderful cinema, the whole trilogy. I'ma try and see it again next weekend.

Just got back. I'll keep it short.

G.M.O.A.T for ME. Everything was great and I was entertained from start to finish. Some of you are impossible to make happy :lol:.

Great great movie. The whole crew and cast.

why? I agree with him; too many Nolan fan boys out there

And there's too many Joker fan boys who are usually the ones knocking Bane. You can't compare the two, they're two different types of villains. Just like you can't compare the three movies. Someone posted it earlier Batman Begins was the beginning, TDK was the climax, and DKR was the end.

If you go into this movie expecting to top TDK and Heath's Joker then you're missing the point which is to end this trilogy.

We can only hope the new Superman film will come even remotely close to this trilogy.

why? I agree with him; too many Nolan fan boys out there

And there's too many Joker fan boys who are usually the ones knocking Bane. You can't compare the two, they're two different types of villains. Just like you can't compare the three movies. Someone posted it earlier Batman Begins was the beginning, TDK was the climax, and DKR was the end.
If you go into this movie expecting to top TDK and Heath's Joker then you're missing the point which is to end this trilogy.
We can only hope the new Superman film will come even remotely close to this trilogy.

who said I was expecting that? I just didn't think it lived up to the first or second film

I thought the film was great. I enjoyed it from beginning to end. Bane is an awesome character, and I thought Tom Hardy did him justice. I don't get the hate for Bane. My personal opinion, but he is one of Batman's greatest adversaries. The dude broke Batman's. Knightfall! It's unfair to compare Hardy's performance as Bane to Ledger's as The Joker. Again, my opinion, no one can compare to Ledger's performance as The Joker. Moving back to the TDKR, Nolan did a great job of adapting Bane into his Gotham. He was ruthless. Bane was just too ill. :smokin

Nolan did great in finishing his trilogy. The story was amazing. The hate for the film and Bane is crazy. It's not like I'm mad, I came out the movie thoroughly enjoyed. Sorry for those who didn't. I just can't say anything negative about the film. I went into the film blind, I avoided the spoilers as much as I could, all I saw were the trailers, and It made the experience that much better.

Good movie but I think the plot was a little weak.

Don't see much point in Bane acting liking he is starting a revolution if everyone was going to get blown up anyway. And the cops were stuck in the sewers for months and then were able to fight the thugs?

who said I was expecting that? I just didn't think it lived up to the first or second film

Not knockin' you fam, but I guess the mere ratio of those who appreciated the film and those who didn't would tell the story. If you didn't like it, that's on you. If it failed your expectation, then it did. The mere fact that you're on this thread discussing this means something. The movie got to you. It got a reaction from you, it might be negative but it did. And yes, I'm a Nolan fan boy. No shame in that, fam.

And this is my take on the whole "I was expecting more..." stuff. I don't think Nolan cares on what you or I think/feel about the movie at all. A real artist wouldn't give a crap about what others say. A real artist just goes out there, and lays it all on the line. They just want to express what they want, may it be to the expectations of many or not. And with all these risks Nolan took, I would believe this is what he had in mind after all.

Just my 2 cents on the discussion fam. You liking the other 2 films is still :smokin though

Real Talk

This $#!+ was so good that im taking my lil bro to see it again tomorrow, and my cousin 1 day this week too.

Bane stole the show for me, i was honestly hanging on his every word and i wish he had more scenes. Upon 1st impression this was the best outta the 3 but i realize i may just be caught up so i'll wait until ive seen it a few more times before i fully standby that statement.

funny how ol girl want to kill batman/ bruce wayne, but still gave up them yambs. like ' yea i hate you, you killed my dad, i must get revenge, but first come clap deez cheeks'

advantage batman lol

QUESTION - if Heath was alive, do you think it would have altered the script at all? :nerd:

of course. i'm pretty sure it was mentioned he had a place in this film, in the early thought process before he passed.

i guess this throws out all the conspiracies that 2face didn't die at the end of TDK since they 'didnt actually show him die'

QUESTION - if Heath was alive, do you think it would have altered the script at all? :nerd:
i honestly dont think the Joker is that necessary for a 3rd conclusion movie. A nice cameo wouldve been nice though, like the Joker as the judge instead of Crane.

Just got back from watching TDKR on a huge IMAX screen. I told myself i would never use this word, but this movie was so EPIC :pimp:
Then you look at it from a trilogy stand point and its just disgustingly beautiful cinema. Bittersweet that Nolan's Batman universe is ending though |I

One nitpick i had was that Robin's name is Robin. Shouldve made JGL character named **** Grayson.

Last edited:
Movie was amazing! :pimp:

Anyone else get sad when batman got his butt beat pause. :\

Ayeeee that dude John Blake tho. :pimp:

My friend was telling me that John Blake was supposed to be the new batman or something?

Hands down the greatest movie I've ever seen.

The ending had me in tears how everything culminated together.

Going to see it again tomorrow just to make sure it is all that I think it is.

Thought Tom Hardy played Bane brilliantly, loved his performance. Anne Hathaway surprised me too, I wasn't expecting to be impressed by her. I just wish they actually had
Ra's al Ghul return for real instead of existing as a memory.

Anne Hathaway was fine as hell. Damn. Tom Hardy was swole as hell... yikes. I gotta see it again. Dude was unmovable during the first fight scene.

Hands down the greatest movie I've ever seen.

The ending had me in tears how everything culminated together.

Going to see it again tomorrow just to make sure it is all that I think it is.

I went last night to catch the whole trilogy beginning at 6 PM.

I thought The Dark Knight Rises was a great ending to the best superhero franchise ever. I will say I have a major Batman bias, but most would not argue with this at all. It is very bittersweet to see Nolan's Batman series end, but these films will be watched for years and years to come.

Everyone's performance in Rises was spot on. Bane was downright scary, Selena Kyle was amazing, and the other support like Lucius Fox, Alfred, Miranda Tate, and Blake turned in solid performances as well.

I must now catch it in IMAX once hype disappears because I expect IMAX to be sold out for some time.

And there's too many Joker fan boys who are usually the ones knocking Bane. You can't compare the two, they're two different types of villains.
Just like you can't compare the three movies. Someone posted it earlier Batman Begins was the beginning, TDK was the climax, and DKR was the end.

Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
A lot of people need to realize this.

Nobody is taking anything away from Heath/Joker. Its the people who are so caught up in TDK that can't appreciate the ENTIRE trilogy for what it is. Its those who are so caught up in Heath's role that can't appreciate other villains for what they are. Bane and Catwoman aren't as big of a villain franchise wise as the Joker, but that doesn't mean they can't be portrayed.
---

Do you think Star Wars fanboys are caught up in how Return of the Jedi is arguably the best Star wars out of the original trilogy more so than how Star Wars itself is amazing as a whole? Nope. They appreciate the entire trilogy for its entire story.

Some of you treat TDK as if it is its own movie outside of the storyline.

You can't read a novel and say "Man, they shouldn't have even continued to write after chapter 8. I mean, really, the last chapter wasn't even as good."

The cotdamn story isn't even over yet. You HAVE to finish the damn story for it to be COMPLETE. The ending is NEEDED.

And even if TDK is better IN YOUR OPINION, and the Joker is a more powerful role, does that mean there can't be any more villains? Is Joker the ONLY person Batman fought? Is this movie about Joker? Or Batman?

Last edited:
Was anyone else bothered by the Joker not even being mentioned in this film? I get the main reason is the death of Heath, but Scarecrow was brought back, and last we saw the Joker he was hanging off the building. We are left to assume he is sent to some sort of jail, yet when all the inmates go free he is nowhere to be seen. I would have at least wished they mentioned him.

Bane put the movie on his back doeee.

Don't see anyone can hate on that performance, besides the fact that some words were muffled.

Just got back....

HOLY @#$# THIS MOVIE WAS AMAZING. Honestly my favorite out of the three and that's saying a lot because TDK is one of my favorite movies ever. Bane was incredible. No romo but his voice was too dope. The fight scenes were straight breathtaking. Oh my, that first fight between Bane and Batman in the sewer I was just mesmerized. Bane straight murked my dude Bats :x

Anne Hathaway....... what more can be said. I'm in love. Head over heels in love (no simp). I knew she would be great for the role (acting wise) and she played the part very well. Couldn't take my eyes off of her every scene she was in.

Bravo to Christopher Nolan, he is a master of his craft and this will go down as one of the greatest trilogies ever. I've been dreading this moment where I sit here typing knowing that the series is over, but I have left the theater utterly satisfied.

Anne Hathaway though.............

Back
Top Bottom