The death penalty should be mandatory for proven murderers nationwide

U cant absolutely prove anything.......like ur example what if the kid thrown off the roof was just delirious and said the wrong name?
Bruh photographic and video evidence doesn't absolutely prove anything?

Not talking about the case with the 9 y/o btw..

Did u by any chance happen to look up the cost to execute some one? Oh, aight.

Not to mention, the judicial system is flawed so a permanent sentence is foolish. What happens when the person is wrongfully convicted and already executed? Just throw out a "my bad" and move on huh?
The person who committed the murder should die the same way they killed their victim. Forget about lethal injection. They showed no remorse for someone else's father, son, mother daughter etc why should they die painlessly? The problem like you said is wrongful convictions. There is no way around this. The only "practical" application for this type of treatment would be for mass shooters and others who are undoubtedly guilty of their crime. I'm not totally against life in prison. The problem I see is how murderers and rapists spend their life sentences in prison. Books, television, heat, visits etc. You've got to be kidding me. They should be locked in chains in a dungeon with no light and one meal per day. If the laws for murder were barbaric I would imagine murder rates would decline.

I think it's simple,we,as a nation and as a people need to start practicing what we preach.We say taking someone's life is wrong but some argue that it's ok for a jury,judge and state to sentce someone to death,basically taking someone's life is ok?.

I'm not for nor am I against it,I'm just simply confused how our society is so twisted that we can try to set certain standard's to live by but turn around and do the total opposite and argue why it's the right thing to do.

This isn't a political,religious,moral debate.
Some people do not deserve to live. Some crimes are just too despicable and heinous that any number of life sentences would punish. I personally believe the principles of Hammurabi's Code (an eye for an eye) would be beneficial to a certain extent.

The world we're in is dangerous man, I don't want my future kids to grow up in a world like this.

I feel like the death penalty has a bad ring to it. We will punish you for murdering people, by murdering you. It sets no good example to society.

We use prisoners for a lot of things though, like labor. Google what the prison system uses prisoners for and you'll be surprised. Even AT&T cops a few felons to work.

But death row brings trouble, such as using prisoners on death row for expiriments. Which happens.

Death Penalty is the easy way out. And it can only stops repeat killer. Potential killers are born everg second. Even tho prison rehab is a joke, some ppl can change. Tookie Williams comes to mind.

Last edited:
I'm sure more than half of the felons would rather choose to be sentenced to death. It's the system that chooses to house them bruh. Plus, only because one has proven they are capable to inflicting death upon others, you must take their situation into consideration. Poverty, education, abuse, drugs, all that bruh. Sure everyone has a choice, but it's tough to say that if you've never been in their situation.

there are so many dudes locked up wrongly already for murder. i'd rather see repeated sex offenders executed. you can't cure that. plus they get caught multiple times obviously they are a molester. some dudes get locked up for murder and 10 years later they find out they locked up the wrong guy.

not to mention it's not that black and white. if i catch a dude raping or molesting or whatever to one of my family members and i bust him in the head with a hammer and kill him would i be executed? some states would let me go no questions and i'm sure some would charge me with murder.

Last edited:
Did u by any chance happen to look up the cost to execute some one? Oh, aight.

Not to mention, the judicial system is flawed so a permanent sentence is foolish. What happens when the person is wrongfully convicted and already executed? Just throw out a "my bad" and move on huh?
The person who committed the murder should die the same way they killed their victim. Forget about lethal injection. They showed no remorse for someone else's father, son, mother daughter etc why should they die painlessly? The problem like you said is wrongful convictions. There is no way around this. The only "practical" application for this type of treatment would be for mass shooters and others who are undoubtedly guilty of their crime. I'm not totally against life in prison. The problem I see is how murderers and rapists spend their life sentences in prison. Books, television, heat, visits etc. You've got to be kidding me. They should be locked in chains in a dungeon with no light and one meal per day. If the laws for murder were barbaric I would imagine murder rates would decline.

They don't die painlessly tho, they feel that burning running through their veins before they die and since they're sleep, can't do anything about it. And have you heard Ghandi say "an eye for an eye makes the world blind" ? The death penalty is murder also, just justified.

I have to agree with you on the fact that they live it up w/ those life sentences, that really needs to change.

Cut off their hands, feet, penis, and send them or their way. Takes 20 mins to do, and costs 20 bucks

Joking.... Kinda

People do things because they don't fear the consequences. Jail is nothing to some people.

Last edited:
in extreme cases where u know the suspect is guilty such as caught on camera then yes i do believe death penality

The death penalty is way more expensive compared to life in prison. Think of all the costs for court and the multiple appeals

The authors calculated that, if the Governor commuted the sentences of those remaining on death row to life without parole, it would result in an immediate savings of $170 million per year, with a savings of $5 billion over the next 20 years.

Source

But in the end, killing the murderer isnt going to bring the victim back

I don't really have time for this gibberish but as an attorney who previously supported the death penalty and now vehemently opposes it I'll say the following.

1. I find it curious to justify an intentional killing with an intentional killing, the idea that taking life can be justified probably is a bad things to permeate our society...

2. Cost.  Putting someone to death costs tens if not hundreds of thousands more than incarcerating a felon for life.  There is significant evidence on this subject out there check it out... it really makes no sense to put inmates to death from a fiscally responsible position.

3. "Proven" This word is absurd.  We've found numerous times that eye witnesses are unreliable, that circumstances leave a ton of gray area, and that even science can fail initially to prove a person is not guilty. 

So no, no death penalty.   I really wish the government didn't sanction killing it's own consituency...

I'd agree if an infallible being was proving who is and isn't a murderer. There's already been too many ppl killed that didn't do the crime.

Not to mention that the way states conduct executions is more costly than the rate spent on maintaining a certain standard of living for prisoners doing life.

Never believed in the death penalty.

I say we, rather, put convicted murderers to work as a form of penace for their crimes. Allow certain prisons to operate as factories, making products needed and used by society, for cheap (think cheap labor). As a prisoner, you wouldn't have a CHOICE in your position, you'd simply do it or be relegated to confinement. Good behavior would result in better positions; bad behavior would result in more demanding work.

Prisoners (hard criminals) would be paid hourly wages for their labor, but they should only receive a fraction of each check, as the majority would go towards and act as a sort of compensation to the families of their victims.

Killing prisoners is a waste of potential and commodity.

Last edited:
Exoneration is a beautiful thing. Plus, as many people have mentioned, the prison system is big business. A lot of people are caking off it.

Last edited:
Never believed in the death penalty.

I say we, rather, put convicted murderers to work as a form of penace for their crimes. Allow certain prisons to operate as factories, making products needed and used by society, for cheap (think cheap labor). As a prisoner, you wouldn't have a CHOICE in your position, you'd simply do it or be relegated to confinement. Good behavior would result in better positions; bad behavior would result in more demanding work.

Prisoners (hard criminals) would be paid hourly wages for their labor, but they should only receive a fraction of each check, as the majority would go towards and act as a sort of compensation to the families of their victims.

Killing prisoners is a waste of potential and commodity.

While I agree about the death penalty being pretty useless, your solution too steps on human rights issues. It sounds like a great plan but you'd have advocate groups doing everything they could to halt this, there's just too many opinions in one pot to do anything constructive.

http://deathpenalty.procon.org/view.answers.php?questionID=001000

Pro:

"Many opponents present, as fact, that the cost of the death penalty is so expensive (at least $2 million per case?), that we must choose life without parole ('LWOP') at a cost of $1 million for 50 years. Predictably, these pronouncements may be entirely false. JFA estimates that LWOP cases will cost $1.2 million - $3.6 million more than equivalent death penalty cases.

There is no question that the up front costs of the death penalty are significantly higher than for equivalent LWOP cases. There also appears to be no question that, over time, equivalent LWOP cases are much more expensive... than death penalty cases. Opponents ludicrously claim that the death penalty costs, over time, 3-10 times more than LWOP." - Director of Justice

Con:

"[D]eath by execution is excessively expensive. Most people who support the death penalty believe it is more cost effective than life in prison. Perhaps at one time, when executions were swift and sure, this may have been the case. It is not now. Most people knowledgeable about the subject will agree that the delay now built into the system, more trial preparation, much longer time to get to trial, much longer jury selections and trials, much more complicated and far more frequent appeals, and continuous motions, have increased the cost of capital punishment so that it is now many times the cost of keeping a prisoner in prison for life." - Senior Judge

Hell no, until our legal system is able to have a 100 accuracy on convictions I cannot support the death penalty. Do I believe certain people deserve death? Absolutely. But the possibility of innocent people getting put to death is too much of a possibility for me to cosign this.

Back
Top Bottom