** The Diadora Thread ** - Concepts "Rat Pack" N9000

I think so too, but the self-proclaimed OG's will be upset when they aren't as rare anymore or if their pairs aren't 200% perfect when they take them out of the box to stare at them a couple times a year.
Eh who cares.. Everyone's an OG these days. Am I an OG because I was online outside of stussy pop up for first Pattas or because I had Diadora tennis shoes over 20 years ago? I hear everyone talking snack lately how we're all on the Diadora bandwagon. I say why not jump on the wagon. They're putting out dope stuff and I'm getting tired of all my asics, Sauconys, NBs and adidas.

It's ok branching out but it's partly diluting some part of the attraction diadora initially offered... I hope the don't do an Asics where everybody and their dog can get an account!

yo just be glad u guys are early adopters of the hype train and didnt have to shell out resell prices, cuz next year this is gonna turn into the resell price complaint thread

yo just be glad u guys are early adopters of the hype train and didnt have to shell out resell prices, cuz next year this is gonna turn into the resell price complaint thread
prices were still absurd if you weren't next to kith, cnpts, bait or packers. Most of my Diadoras were  from overseas and that conversion rate aint no joke

Dam people want their shoes to be limited so bad....why not just like the shoe for what it is?!

It is, what it is nowadays. I'm not sure if you caught that question that corgi posed on his IG on whether most of us would still have the same shoes in our collection if there was no such thing as social media. It definitely made me think...

on another note the transit 2s i ordered from 24k were stuck in NY customs for 10 days, and now they're in Boston? wtf I live in NJ 
laugh.gif

on another note the transit 2s i ordered from 24k were stuck in NY customs for 10 days, and now they're in Boston? wtf I live in NJ :lol:
Ahhh that blows. I hope I dont get hit with the customs bs this time around. Got my Sol's in 4 days, but knowing my luck I doubt I'll get that lucky again.

Dam people want their shoes to be limited so bad....why not just like the shoe for what it is?!

Couldn't agree more -murkystilo- -murkystilo- . I mean all of a sudden this past Saturday you had a bunch of people at Concepts wanting Diadora's, some didn't even know anything about the brand. It's part of the hype train nothing we can do about it

Couldn't agree more -murkystilo- -murkystilo- . I mean all of a sudden this past Saturday you had a bunch of people at Concepts wanting Diadora's, some didn't even know anything about the brand. It's part of the hype train nothing we can do about it

I agree with you guys...i couldn't care less about the shoes being limited or not..if it's fire to me it's getting copped...but it is a bit annoying when people that don't even appreciate the shoes buy them up just because...when a person that hella wants them could have gotten them. When EB dropped the Sol's...on Twitter someone that copped straight up said "I don't even know what these things are..I just know they're worth money" no lie that made me feel some type of way...but like you said it's apart of the hype train...doesn't mean I like it though

I agree with you guys...i couldn't care less about the shoes being limited or not..if it's fire to me it's getting copped...but it is a bit annoying when people that don't even appreciate the shoes buy them up just because...when a person that hella wants them could have gotten them. When EB dropped the Sol's...on Twitter someone that copped straight up said "I don't even know what these things are..I just know they're worth money" no lie that made me feel some type of way...but like you said it's apart of the hype train...doesn't mean I like it though
some kid said "pictures?" too. 

that made me laugh. 

Just a random thought. What if collabs were crowdsourced? i.e. people back a pair for a limited amount of time (less time available = more limited), and the store/brand makes as many pairs as was ordered. Limits reselling (as whoever really wants them will probably be able to get them), and there's no risk of over/under-production. Only catch is the time between ordering and receiving your pair would likely be a long time. Man can't see myself waiting a month or more for a pair. Eh my idea sucks.

I feel you man. The same reseller that ruined the chances of me helping some NT members months ago asked me when the first Hanon x Diadora collab dropped of they'd be worth money, my response was "yo if you are going to rock them but if you are reselling then stay away." He still bought them, the same guy that claims to be knowledgable. Not for nothing but the Diadora brand to me means something, in high school I used to wear their racing flats for track and for soccer their cleats. Anyhow, that doesn't mean people new to Diadora can't buy them, my point is these sneakers have all become a greed disease for many. I helped two people out from Instagram with the Hanon transit II at retail, because I knew those people would rock them. I just wish everyone could get a pair. Trust me if it were up to me I would have bought the whole size run at concepts to distribute amongst us.

some kid said "pictures?" too. 
that made me laugh. 

Haha smh I chuckled right now myself man.
Just a random thought. What if collabs were crowdsourced? i.e. people back a pair for a limited amount of time (less time available = more limited), and the store/brand makes as many pairs as was ordered. Limits reselling (as whoever really wants them will probably be able to get them), and there's no risk of over/under-production. Only catch is the time between ordering and receiving your pair would likely be a long time. Man can't see myself waiting a month or more for a pair. Eh my idea sucks.

Haha it sounds good in theory my man, but a kickstarter for shoes wouldn't work, as we live in the time of instant gratification. Haha fools already expect to receive shipping confirmation a few hours after they order the product...no way in hell could wait for the product to produced.

I feel you man. The same reseller that ruined the chances of me helping some NT members months ago asked me when the first Hanon x Diadora collab dropped of they'd be worth money, my response was "yo if you are going to rock them but if you are reselling then stay away." He still bought them, the same guy that claims to be knowledgable. Not for nothing but the Diadora brand to me means something, in high school I used to wear their racing flats for track and for soccer their cleats. Anyhow, that doesn't mean people new to Diadora can't buy them, my point is these sneakers have all become a greed disease for many. I helped two people out from Instagram with the Hanon transit II at retail, because I knew those people would rock them. I just wish everyone could get a pair. Trust me if it were up to me I would have bought the whole size run at concepts to distribute amongst us.
Haha you're a better man then me because I wouldn't have replied because that fools intentions are blatant. And I feel you man I wish the same, but that sadly isn't case...at least for now...I hope numbers go up next year

Haha it sounds good in theory my man, but a kickstarter for shoes wouldn't work, as we live in the time of instant gratification. Haha fools already expect to receive shipping confirmation a few hours after they order the product...no way in hell could wait for the product to produced.
It sorta works for Nike/Adidas ID though.. and NB churns them out (albeit low production numbers and made in US) in less than a week?

If the wait could be reduced to 2-3 weeks i wouldn't mind. Beats the stress of trying to cop the millisecond that they drop.

But yeah, probably not gonna happen.

Anyway my TGWO order of the Sols just reached. Germany to Singapore in less than 3 days. Insane.

It sorta works for Nike/Adidas ID though.. and NB churns them out (albeit low production numbers and made in US) in less than a week?
If the wait could be reduced to 2-3 weeks i wouldn't mind. Beats the stress of trying to cop the millisecond that they drop.
But yeah, probably not gonna happen.

Anyway my TGWO order of the Sols just reached. Germany to Singapore in less than 3 days. Insane.
Oh if you're talking about general shoes then yeah it works...but for collaborations with boutiques it wouldn't work imho. And nice! If it's your first pair of Sol's you're going to love them!

Last edited:
Oh if you're talking about general shoes then yeah it works...but for collaborations with boutiques it wouldn't work imho. And nice! If it's your first pair of Sol's you're going to love them!
Thanks man. I struck out on the Sols on release day and have been salty ever since. Glad i managed to grab them. 

I had to go down a full size though, but i have pretty narrow feet so i'm hoping for the best.

Back
Top Bottom