~| the DOM. KENNEDY thread |~

But I'm witcha you cause you probably goin through it anyway
But anyhow when in doubt went on out and bought it
Cause I thought it would be jammin but examine all the flawsky-wawsky
Awfully, it's sad and it's costly, but that's all she wrote
And I hope I never have to float in that boat
Up **** creek it's weak is the last quote

I saw this a lot on NT but 25th hour is my favorite. Not on no hipster **** either. He was raw as hell. I bump Still Lookin, Who Rollin With Me, In The Daytime at least once a week each

After my first listen all the way through, I wasn't feeling it. Three times down and it's cool. I see a lot of talk about his lazy flow, but he's had it for quite some time now. Hell, the Yellow Album was full of it. Project is mad short though, especially to charge $12, but whatever. Coming from GHS to this.....it's a step down IMO, but it's not trash. 6/10

36 mintues is wayyy to short.

A few songs could have used an extra verse or something.

Posted in the Club had potential, but Dom decided to talk at us instead. Should have been track 1 as well.

Dom never been about lyrics so I don't expect much in that category, but PITC was terrible.

Album should have ended with Alhambra.

Production was kinda boring on first listen, save for a few of the latter tracks.

Tracks that I'm feeling though: Daddy, Thank You Biggie God, Lemonade (flame suit on), 2 Bad, and Alhambra.

So pretty much the second half of the album.

6.5/10 to me so far.

(A spin in the whip helped)

Side note:

I think that people have felt a decline in the last few works because he's been stepping away from that laid-back summer feel in his production IMO.

The fact that GHS dropped in October kinda uffed that album up for me. Still a good project.

I'm sure this album will grow on me like lots have.

I think I'm the only person in this thread that actually likes the album. **** bangs in the whip.

The second listen was better than the first. I think overall i'm just pissed about how short it is. Homie called it an album but it's definitely an ep

There alot of albums that aint much over 40 minutes. Pilot Talk 1 & 2 by Curren$y are short af too but are still :smokin. I still gotta listen to this but judging from yall opinions it seems disappointing :/

Last edited:
Just finished the album...its smooth but I feel like EVERY SONG SOUNDED SAME :smh:

Idk maybe I wasn't paying attention. I'll listen to it again in the car on my way to work tomorrow

There's no energy. Before with the lazy rap at least he had energy. It's like he just came from a picnic and decided to jump in the booth.

i still haven't heard it

wasn't expecting much to begin with, but now i'm just putting off listening to it

especially after how good this a$ap album is, hearing the dom album might just piss me off

I gotta try to give that A$ap another chance. Joint was mad boring to me from the first few tracks. This Dom album has gotten better after further listening. 6.5-7/10

Yall wildin. ASAP had the 2nd best album of the year behind Kendrick. I got this Dom album above Tylers & Earl Sweatshirts albums but theyre at the bottom of the list lol. This has been a great year for hip hop so far and its not even close to over

^ I agree

ASAP album is nice and I never really messed with his music like that

Followed dude career from the first time I heard Purple Swag, hes lowkey one of the most consistent artists in hip hop

As for Dom I really feel like he declined after Yellow Album :smh: Idk why he got so lazy all of a sudden. He coulda had the world in his hands if he played it right

Yall wildin. ASAP had the 2nd best album of the year behind Kendrick. I got this Dom album above Tylers & Earl Sweatshirts albums but theyre at the bottom of the list lol. This has been a great year for hip hop so far and its not even close to over

Tyler's album is definitely better than this and I'm not some huge odd future fan

wow. are yall downloading the right quality version of the album? cuz this joint is pretty dope imo

Back
Top Bottom