The Elite Chris Paul Thread

if Grant Hill never got hurt he would've been the second best small forward in basketball ever.

if Greg Oden didn't get hurt he would've been the best defensive center since Bill Russell.

if's are really pointless.

Last edited:
if Grant Hill never got hurt he would've been the second best small forward in basketball ever.

if Greg Oden didn't get hurt he would've been the best defensive center since Bill Russell.

if's are really pointless.
This thread. Now that's what's really pointless. 

Contradicting myself by posting int his thread at the moment I know 
laugh.gif
, but alas, the sentiment still remains

Why don't I see you in the Kobe, LeBron and Peyton Manning threads defending them and/or calling them pointless?
I'm not even defending CP3 in here b. I've made like two post in here. 

But if you wanna continue the good fight of taking down CP3 and proving why he's overrated go ahead bro! Prove why he's no better than Melo or Tmac! Or whatever else silly black and white approach you take to him lol

Last edited by a moderator:
But if the criteria is 'performing at the highest level', being hurt is not that.

Grant Hill is better than LeBron... if injuries count for what potentially could have been.

It's not Chris' fault he was injured, but he can't get credited for basketball that wasn't played due to injury. "He WOULD have made First Team if he wasn't injured." But he was, though.

That isn't the argument though. The clown up there is trying to discredit cp3 by saying he only made the first team 4 times out of 10 years, therefore he couldn't have been the best PG in the game. And every reasonable explanation as to why he isn't 10/10 for first team ALL NBA is written off as an "excuse". Being injured isn't an excuse, it just means you weren't eligible.

That's like saying Kobe has been the best SG of the past 20 years. And someone says, Nope, he's only made the first team 11/19 times. Hahaha. Post Sesame Street pic.

Weirdos

11/19 is above 50% of the time, though.

4/10... isn't. :\

Last edited:
Ira Winderman basically just said Paul wasn't a winning player because of the bickering with Jordan going public and not being able to reign in his team.

He's only been 'the best PG in the NBA' for about 4 years of his career.

Stupid logic.

He's been the best PG for the last 8 years. The only 2 years that he's been beaten out for a 1st team spot by another PG after his first 2 years was in 2011...Rose's MVP year, and this year by Steph Curry.

He's only been 'the best PG in the NBA' for about 4 years of his career.

Stupid logic.

He's been the best PG for the last 8 years. The only 2 years that he's been beaten out for a 1st team spot by another PG after his first 2 years was in 2011...Rose's MVP year, and this year by Steph Curry.

Stupid logic.

He's been the best PG in the NBA for about 4 years. Don't give a f about All-NBA teams or other nonsense. Above average PG that sits somewhere in the top 15-20 range.

Win something for your fanboys, Chris. They really need something to fall back on.

C Chester McFloppy like what do you get out of hating this man so much. Sure some outlandish things have been said on here like he's a top 2 pg ever, etc etc but let's be real here we all know cp has been an elite pg for all his career. Is it really that far fetched to say he may can crack that top 5 or at least in the conversation?

Yes.

And unlike Chester, I'm a fan.

I'm not coming from a place of hate. I'm a fan who would like him placed where he belongs.

Similarly, I'm a huge Artest fan, big time. But if someone were to argue Ron as a top 2 SF of all time, I'd have words, even as a fan. Even top 5. No.

Actually...

Last edited:
Magic
Isiah
Oscar (although I view him more as a sg )
Those are 3 I can say that are head and shoulders above him.
Gp
Kidd
Stockton
Nash
And give or take a few more names. I consider him in that tier. If anyone disagrees? Cool but an argument can definitely be made for him.

C Chester McFloppy like what do you get out of hating this man so much. Sure some outlandish things have been said on here like he's a top 2 pg ever, etc etc but let's be real here we all know cp has been an elite pg for all his career. Is it really that far fetched to say he may can crack that top 5 or at least in the conversation?

I really don't even hate Chris Paul. :lol: His antics and presence are annoying but the guy is a great basketball player. I said this pages ago:

My biggest gripe with CP0 is this:

He's supposed to be a generational talent and top player at his position right? Then why, outside of NT, does he not get near the slander that Kobe, Durant, LeBron, Dirk, Carmelo, and others receive? Hell, let GSW get eliminated this year and I guarantee that Steph Curry whispers will start up.

Peyton Manning has won a Super Bowl and numerous MVPs and is called a choker ALL THE TIME. This is in football which is the ultimate team sport... and still... choke artist.

Chris Paul flies under the radar. His teammates and coaches get thrown under the bus, excuses left and right, capes come out in force, and we get the same narrative every year.

Yeah, he took some crap teams to the playoffs. Lots of players in the NBA have. Lots of QBs in the NFL have. Still... he ain't in NO anymore and some of the talking heads had them penciled in for a championship after the 3-1 lead. Talking about the Clippers are the second best team in the NBA and have the best starting five.

The excuses are running thin at this point. HoF player and great PG? For sure. Just stop acting like the guy is flawless and somehow better than guys like Stockton at this point in his career.

Can't believe I haven't seen this thread. Good to see the usual Clark Kent's in here with the excuse train.

CP0 is barely a top 10 PG all time right now, and that's going to go by the wasteside as Steph's and Russ's ascent continues. 

[quote name="Mamba MVP"]CP0 is barely a top 10 PG all time right now, and that's going to go by the wasteside as Steph's and Russ's ascent continues.[/quote]See this is where it gets interesting to me, because if the argument can be made that he's top 5, then the argument can be made that he's not... yet I've seen so many say that the argument can be made for his top 5 position, then scoff at someone saying that he's not.

(or top 10; and no, I don't think it's unanimous & concrete that he is top 10)

Back
Top Bottom