****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

laugh.gif
was this even worth tweeting?

I would say yes considering the comments we've seen in this thread alone.

Nah, folks are doing way too much to discredit the man. It's bizarre watching how people react to this man that hasn't done to them when that anger could be directed towards real issues. Like people are losing their healthcare for sake, where's this same level of back and forth for that? Cops still shooting people's kids for no reason but nah, Lavar says outrageous, comical benign to everyone but maybe his own damn family and sells expensive shoes, he must be stopped.
This is fallacious as ****.

Last edited:
this all feels like a scam.

- they don't ship till November 24th, almost 7 months from now

- there's no mention of where they're made

- no refunds or exchanges
Lavar dropped the ball on these shoulda put these on kickstarter 

This is awesome for Lavar and BBB and here's why

They're trending everywhere because of this and it's basically the law of large numbers in effect. The more and more people talk about it, the more and more polarizing it is, the more people will buy. People are going to buy this shoe

Remember it's only overpriced if no one buys the shoe

This is so much bigger then the price of the shoe.

He's cutting out the middle man.

Nike would be nothing without the exploitation of young black athletes.

Hopefully this starts a trend.

First Jordan got his own brand, now hopefully a super star athlete starts his own company.

Marvelous!

Last edited by a moderator:

First Jordan got his own brand, now hopefully a super star athlete starts his own company.

Marvelous!

On the Dan LeBetard show, Dan said a marketing analyst projected that Lavar has gotten about 15mil worth in advertising by pricing the shoe so high.

All of this is interesting.

That thread title change.

Big
Baller
Brand

[emoji]10024[/emoji]:pimp:

No
Broke
Bois

#Countup

Lonzo going into the league with his own shoe, signed to his own agency, what a time. I hope lonzo does well man. Need more young black men doing this.

Lonzo and the Ball family are kind of the first of it's kind, but this has kind of been brewing for a while and social media is aiding in changing the landscape for young hoopers.

These high school players man are full fledged stars by the time they get to college, let alone the NBA. Lamelo is a full fledged star before his senior year of high school. More and more young hoopers are going to come to the table demanding bags in the future because of this.

Like Drake is out here posting to his 30 something million followers him in a Zion jersey man. These dudes are stars and there's always been young stars, but because of Instagram it's a bit more tangible. If you're Like lamelo or zion or some ****, imagine Nike trying to give you like 200k deal when you already are a gigantic influencer with Million's of followers.

Young ****** get paid :pimp:

We tried to tell em but they ain't wanna listen

Lonzo and the Ball family are kind of the first of it's kind, but this has kind of been brewing for a while and social media is aiding in changing the landscape for young hoopers.

These high school players man are full fledged stars by the time they get to college, let alone the NBA. Lamelo is a full fledged star before his senior year of high school. More and more young hoopers are going to come to the table demanding bags in the future because of this.

Like Drake is out here posting to his 30 something million followers him in a Zion jersey man. These dudes are stars and there's always been young stars, but because of Instagram it's a bit more tangible. If you're Like lamelo or zion or some ****, imagine Nike trying to give you like 200k deal when you already are a gigantic influencer with Million's of followers.

Young ****** get paid
pimp.gif
how much power do they hold?! I'm positively electrified to see where this goes...man, if that 5000 preorder thing is legit. 
pimp.gif

I watched Kanye whine in an interview that the "industry" wouldn't let him connwect with manufacturers to make his clothing line.

Lavar figured it out though.
this is why I had zero respect for Kanye's approach to that whole thing. 

you're a mulitplex-time Grammy winning artist and recognized icon of sartorial style (it's all relative, roll with me) with an international media platform and global fanbase along with what has to be approaching half a billion dollars in wealth and assets, and you're crying that you can't get your clothing line off the ground?

get a helmet, my guy, sheezus.

Can we all acknowledge how crazy this entire thing is? This is like NBA 2K MyCareer come to life lol. I can't wait to watch Lonzo's rookie year.
this is more or less the approach all athletes with the juice should take. these people have no idea of their value to the cities, media markets and leagues their talents help support. it's why I'm firmly against the idea of a salary cap, but that's another story.
I hear and feel all of this, I just can't salute ppl (LaVar) who's foundation is built off going Trump mode with the outrageous troll statements.
I don't own a MAGA hat either, but the guy is President so ya really can't argue with results.
i guess I should contribute to the thread...

LaVar is largely apolitical. it's also not really a racial issue. of course there are racial undertones at play, but there's been nothing overtly racist, like what happened with Adam Jones in Boston. if there was, i missed it in this thread.
what you have to realize in sports and business in America is that it inherently intersects with "race."

without going into a whole thing about owner demographics and use of public funds in some of the country's most troubled cities, I think I can sum up my point by saying that the South Eastern Conference became dominant in high profile college sports right around the Civil Rights movement...and let's be clear, the central reason certain athletes ever took the field or court for those schools is because they were sick of getting their **** pushed in by Grambling and Georgia Tech.

since those days, these schools have enjoyed trillions of dollars of resources and coverage as a result of their success driven by the uncompensated efforts of the athletes they employ.

they often even get first dibs on new talent, who in many cases grow up dreaming of suiting up in states they should barely even visit thanks to efficient continuation of the system.

take a look at the players at the next SEC game you see, then take a look at the stands and tell me it's not about race.

as for how it relates to the Ball saga, it's really not hard to see how a man outside The Circle picking at the financial underpinnings of the whole arrangement is a no-go for Nike'nem.

from the "independent athlete branding" conversation comes the "proportional labor/management compensation" discussion, and from there it could lead to an open forum on the level of sway that entertainers of all stripes have in a society engineered by corporations to consume their talents as a delivery vehicle for advertisement and commerce.

...at least, that's my theory.

Last edited:
What ball is doing is pretty interesting. I enjoy reading and watching. :pimp:

I also really enjoy what lebron did. He didn't cut out the middle man but he replaced the proposed middle men with his childhood friends in some instances :pimp:

Last edited:

Marvelous!
All Lonzo has to do is not be a bust his rookie year. If he does terrible, nobody is going to want his 2nd shoe which will probably increase $100.

this all feels like a scam.

- they don't ship till November 24th, almost 7 months from now

- there's no mention of where they're made

- no refunds or exchanges

Fyre Festival of shoes.

Lonzo: $500 each for these pops, are you sure? We can't even afford to produce and ship these until at least November.

Lavar: ...............lets just do it and be legends man!

So is Lonzo Ball gonna be the 2nd coming of LeBron? :lol: Because that's the only way this doesn't flop.

He doesn't have to be lebron to not flop.
He just has to maintain and grow his following. I mean dudes are dropping a non refundable/exchangeable $500+ right now off the strength that dude is being a pioneer and trying to shake the landscape.

If the product is trash then that would be more of a problem than ball not becoming lebron.
If the product is lit then I can see supporters continuing and a following growing especially when the cheaper model drops.

Last edited:
Dude is the black Donald trump. Loud, obnoxious, Cocky as hell, but you gotta respect the confidence he has in his business. So many people want him to fail, but son REFUSES not to Ball out :pimp:

So is Lonzo Ball gonna be the 2nd coming of LeBron?
laugh.gif
Because that's the only way this doesn't flop.
Lol not at all. A flop essentially is when you don't get your ROI.

We have no idea how much they put into this but as long as Lonzo is good as a rookie, they'll be straight.

You have to think, He's already a huge influencer, so 'solid' success in the NBA is only going to be propelled by his already gigantic fanbase thus making him even more marketable.

If the product is trash then that would be more of a problem than ball not becoming lebron.
If the product is lit then I can see supporters continuing and a following growing especially when the cheaper model drops.

you really think they did a ton of performance and quality testing on this shoe? how and where would they even do that?

Between Lamelo, Gelo, Lonzo, and honestly, Lavar, these guys are stars man.

I know what Lavar was asking for from these big companies was ridiculous but, how much is lonzo worth RIGHT NOW? it's probably a bit more than what Nike, UA, and Adidas were willing to offer which is why I get it. I understand completely why they went the indie route and hopefully more young black athletes do the same because if i'm pushing a million followers, and my ball is life tapes are trending on social media and doing numbers on YouTube, you can't lowball me man.

He doesn't have to be lebron to not flop.
He just has to maintain and grow his following. I mean dudes are dropping a non refundable/exchangeable $500+ right now off the strength that dude is being a pioneer and trying to shake the landscape.

Sorry, but I disagree. Fam gotta be exceptional to develop a following in today's league with all the stars we have now. If he gets drafted by a small market team, even worse. Lavar can only troll his way to getting attention for so long. Charging 500 for em is already a flawed business model going in because you basically cut out all high school/AAU players. Hell, even 200 ain't gonna work. Like my mans said, PGs are going for 110 and KDs and Lebrons are always on sale or at the outlet.

The novelty will wear off, especially since they're not gonna ship for like seven months :lol:

He doesn't need to be Lebron but Lonzo has to be Harden or Westbrook levels for all this to work in the end IMO

if he ends up Evan Turner, it all comes crashing down

you really think they did a ton of performance and quality testing on this shoe? how and where would they even do that?

this is my issue. Lavar didn't use not one second of the video to talk about materials used, quality, performance, or anything that would assure the customer that they're not just blindly throwing $500 away.

Back
Top Bottom