The Flash (CW Series) thread, season 9

This episode crushed the arrow crossover. I loved every minute of it. Confused as hell by the ending though. How does Wells kick his own ***?

From what I figured out Dr. Wells is Reverse Flash. The Reverse Flash in this ep is from the future. Dr. Wells probably got powers the same time everybody else did after his lab blew up. That probably ties in to why he wants Barry to be faster. His powers might somehow kickstart Wells' power or something to do with the speed force. Why he doesn't beat up/kill Eddie? I dunno. This might be a reach but he's setting it up so that he sets up Eddie as a patsy to be the Reverse Flash. Why he beat the **** out of his past self? To further distance himself of any suspicion of him being Reverse Flash. I mean really who time travels to the past and then harms their past self? Sure it's convoluted but it works. Why he keeps pretending to be crippled when he really doesn't need to? I guess to further keep him from suspicion. Why he killed Barry's mom? Possibly she's connected or it's some weird time paradox thing where he has to.

Only other thing I think is possible is Dr. Wells is Reverse Flash now and in the future loses his power and Eddie becomes Reverse Flash which is why he left his past self alone.

Very cool ep.

2 theories

1. Flashpoint paradox. Barry goes back and saves mom. This messes up the future. Reverse flash, while a villain doesn't like this future. SO he goes back and makes sure barrys mom dies and barry becomes the flash

2.I think that Wells is eobard thawne, Eddies descendant and reverse flash/prof zoom. Reverse flash just likes screwing with barry, so He goes back to the past to kill his mom. Barry follows him to the past and they fight. Wells loses his sped force and barry gets sent to some other dimension. Wells spends the next 14 years making sure that Barry gets his powers because he changed the past too much by killing Barrys mom. Im guessing that Wells speed force is tied to Barry's. So by ensuring that the flash stays alive, wells gets his power. And then travels back to his future and stops himself from screwing around to begin with and killing barrys mom

This all would make sense if we didn't see Wells with the Zoom suit and the tachion machine at the end. That messes it all up, because how can you beat your own ***? Matter can't occupy the same space

Also this probably means that the red skies thing doesn't relate to Crisis, since they probably wouldn't be able to do that anyway

Last edited:
So Flash and Reverse Flash were both present when Nora died.

Interesting.

I see Dr. Wells been hitting the gym hard in the future. Reverse Flash looked brolic as hell compared to Barry.

Glad Barry finally told Iris what the deal was.

Really enjoyed this episode.

Enjoyed this episode as well. The time between us knowing Dr Wells is Reverse Flash and the time Barry finds out is going to be interesting :lol:

^ Barry gonna make Dr. Wells crippled for real when he finds out.
laugh.gif

This is like the time travel conundrum from the Terminator Genisys time travel discussion.

Can someone post a detailed timeline of what the !@#$ is going on? I'm having a hard on wrapping my head around the events taking place and the timeline. 0]

Felicity's rump.

Present Dr. Wells got dem speedy paws put on him by Future Dr. Wells.

Straight hemmed him up.
laugh.gif

Out of all these shows I think Kaitlin Snow is the one I wanna **** down the most. Even tho I acknowledge Felicity is the "hottest".

Something about Danielle Panabaker that makes me think shes a freak who can handle a ****

Last edited:
so has barry ever had a girlfriend or has he been stuck in the friendzone for 20 years not trying to find a side piece?

kirk hinrich showing off the reverse flash suit at the end reminded me of the first time we saw merlin take off the dark archer mask 

Also Zoom has to be wells from the future. Prolly why they blurred out his face. But IDK what his plan is

2 theories

1. Flashpoint paradox. Barry goes back and saves mom. This messes up the future. Reverse flash, while a villain doesn't like this future. SO he goes back and makes sure barrys mom dies and barry becomes the flash

2.I think that Wells is eobard thawne, Eddies descendant and reverse flash/prof zoom. Reverse flash just likes screwing with barry, so He goes back to the past to kill his mom. Barry follows him to the past and they fight. Wells loses his sped force and barry gets sent to some other dimension. Wells spends the next 14 years making sure that Barry gets his powers because he changed the past too much by killing Barrys mom. Im guessing that Wells speed force is tied to Barry's. So by ensuring that the flash stays alive, wells gets his power. And then travels back to his future and stops himself from screwing around to begin with and killing barrys mom

This all would make sense if we didn't see Wells with the Zoom suit and the tachion machine at the end. That messes it all up, because how can you beat your own ***? Matter can't occupy the same space

Also this probably means that the red skies thing doesn't relate to Crisis, since they probably wouldn't be able to do that anyway

They are theories that say otherwise. Forgot the neame of the theory but it goes along the lines of shining two flashlights in the same spot or something. Most of the lingo flew over my head.

Wells is Hunter Zolomon, the strongest incarnation of Zoom.

Thawne (Iris' current bf) is Eobard Thawne, who will eventually become the first and weaker Zoom whom actually uses speed to run.

Wells (Or Zoom, whatever you want to call him) has been removed from the time stream by the cosmic treadmill, which is why he will technically always be faster then the flash. He can slow time down to whatever speed he wishes relative to himself and as such can move through time freely and appear to be faster then... pretty much everything.

If he used the full extent of his powers he'd always be able to go back and make sure the future stayed intact, although that would make any sort of plot with him uneventful. Hence the term Pis (plot induced stupidity).

Wells could have took the energy vampire dudes head off before he had the chance to piss himself, but that would've compromised his position.

I could see where this show falls short... with how fast Flash is capable of running there's very few people that could fight him without some type of incredibly stupid gimmick. I don't see this show lasting that long, he has the superman problem.

Arrow for example should never have been able to tag Barry, even at his current speed. On top of that, with how fast he was punching him Arrow should've left that fight with some broken bones.. even at 200 MPH those punches would've felt like sledgehammers. It's those little things that get me. Flash can already vibrate his molecules fast enough to move faster than the eye can track, yet he can be tagged by some regular dude throwing a punch?

Nevermind looks like the current episode threw a curveball. I haven't even watched it yet, just remembering what I knew of the comics.

Last edited:
So far the timelines been pretty straight forward, it is the theories that are speculation.

Future Reverse-Flash & Future Flash goes back in time and fights and kills Barrys mom

>

Wells came to Starling City (seems like also Future Wells because of his access to future newspaper archives)

>

Particle Acceletor Explodes and Barry gets powers

>

Present events

>

Future uncertain as Wells re-arranges events hence changing the future he knows

Last edited:
All signs point to Wells being Reverse Flash, but I don't think Reverse Flash not attacking Eddie was just a coincidence.

What if Iris now knowing how Barry feels, starts catching feelings for him and breaks up with Eddie to be with him.

Eddie all in his feels, loses it, turns heel and eventually starts down the path to becoming Reverse Flash.

Reverse Flash is the archenemy of Flash a good way to get that rivalry going is for both of them to be in love/fighting over the same girl.

Real interesting in seeing how this plays out.

at the climax of this season they have an epic flash speed battle which ends up sending them back in time and they kill barry's mom during the fight 
nerd.gif

I think Reverse Flash specifically stopping in front of Thawne and Thawne asking why he didn't kill him points that it isn't a conincidence. Plus if Reverse-Flash is from the future then he knows exactly what Thawne will become anyways and that might be part of Flash's growth?

Did Reverse said something like "we are doing this our whole life" as in fighting and chasing each other? What if him missing in the future that he is trying to fix is simply to have someone go against with? Or dude is just extra demented to go through all this trouble just so that he could keep torturing Barry?

Also, anyone else found FIrestroms exit awesome?

Last edited:
When they were in the stadium and there was yellow and red lightning in the middle/upper deck, were future versions of themselves fighting again?

All signs point to Wells being Reverse Flash, but I don't think Reverse Flash not attacking Eddie was just a coincidence.

What if Iris now knowing how Barry feels, starts catching feelings for him and breaks up with Eddie to be with him.

Eddie all in his feels, loses it, turns heel and eventually starts down the path to becoming Reverse Flash.

Reverse Flash is the archenemy of Flash a good way to get that rivalry going is for both of them to be in love/fighting over the same girl.

Real interesting in seeing how this plays out.

interesting theory. I was thinking Wells was a descendant of thawn in this universe, meaning he cant exist if thawne dies. because if RF and wells are two different people, why make a big deal about him charging his suit at the end?

Last edited:
Even though I get ignored in this thread despite my predictions being accurate, Eddie is most likely Cobalt Blue, the Flash's brother. It may play out nicely, if Iris accepts Barry's invitation. 

Reverse Flash is Wells from the Future, as I stated BEFORE it was revealed, no one found it weird that he's getting the breaks beat off of him at triple digit speeds however he still manages to stay in character by not revealing he's cripple? He anticipated the attack. Most likely Barry's mom dying will cause a butterfly effect if he tries to alter it, which will give the show some longevity. The producers can flirt with different cannons each season. Cobalt, Iris being killed, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom