The Flash (CW Series) thread, season 9

You can see where this sentence gets confusing as it somewhat implies that Barry could kill RF if he wanted to, he just chooses not to:

The way I see it on the show the only reason Barry aint kill Reverse Flash is cuz he needs dude to free his dad.

If you had said "The way I see it on the show the only reason Barry haven't tried to kill Reverse Flash is cuz he needs dude to free his dad" then that implies more that he would try to kill him due to vengeance but still doesn't have the capability to do so.
Saying Barry can't kill Reverse Flash isn't a fact and I don't see the confusion in my post given what I'm talking about. I'm specifically refuting what you're saying about how Barry doesn't kill.

Nothing has been explained about their powers on the show extensively

Once again though, you're switching the topic. Even if you thought I implied one thing in my sentence it isn't changing what I'm talking about. You brought up Barry not killing not that he can't kill now you're switching to he can't kill RF.

Last edited:
The discussion is obviously blurred between Barrys being able to kill and wanting to kill. There isn't a clear separation in the discussion all the time, it's mixed. It's not like "ok this is about him wanting to kill....." ant then "now this is about him being able to kill ....". It's been jumping back and forth for pages and pages now, the overpower of DCs roster and Batman not killing Jokers been mentioned even. I don't understand why you don't think others could confuse the two?

I am not switching the topic either, as I said the discussion has been in that grey area between the two for a while now, there is a cross over and the way you worded it, it was confusing to me. I thought I explained it clearly how the sentence could have been understood better by me. I guess not. :lol:

I mean you really think I would keep posting just because I want to argue even though I understood you completely? :lol:

It was a misunderstanding.

Last edited:
I'll restate, the various moving parts that are somehow getting mixed together, Barry can easily wash Ras. He would even have the intent to kill him and could kill him if Ras killed someone he loved. Without the intent to kill Barry would still defeat Ras easily.

As things are now, nothing has shown that Barry is unable to kill RF. Regardless of that, RF has killed Barry's mother and on top of that it led to the wrongful imprisonment of his father. I have no doubt if Barry's father's imprisonment wasn't an issue Barry would totally go at RF with the intent to kill him.

Last edited:
Idk, watching the show it's mentioned and illustrated that rf outclasses Barry. I'd say it's fair to say he can't kill Rf at the moment unless you want to go the anything is possible route.

I was not arguing whether Barry could defeat Ra or not, as I said it was a joke as people pile on Flash' being dumb or stupid in using his powers. I admitted that as a joke. I did not really specify which side I stood on that discussion and I don't think I will get in the middle of it. :lol:

As things are now, nothing has shown that Barry is unable to kill RF.

With that said, they have clearly showed that he can't defeat RF his current state, that is just defeat or stop RF, so to me that also implies he won't be able to kill him even if he tried. I said "to me" just so there isn't a confusion with anything I am saying, it is simply how I understood the writers laid out the episode. He simply could not do anything to beat RF and it is probably designed that way, Wells planned that to happen to motivate Barry to train more. RF was simply faster and stronger, Barry even admitted that. The show clearly showed Barry as no match to RF in the present time (by mid-season finale).

And with that, to me that means Barry cannot kill RF (if he wanted to) with his current abilities. They showed no cause for us to believe that he even stood a chance and I do think that was the point of the episode, show Barry being overmatched just like the Arrow episode showed that GA in his current state (no more killing or just simply not as good?) cannot defeat Ra in hand to hand combat.

I'm not talking about defeating him though. What I said is what I said. I chose my words specifically not to get it confused with any other argument.

Just cuz you can't defeat someone in a fight doesn't mean you are unable to kill them if the situation was right.

Saying someone can't do something literally means they can't do it. I didn't say Barry can beat up RF, run faster than him, be stronger than him, and then kill him. I just said nothing has been shown that Barry is unable to kill RF and I doubt the show will ever reach the requirements for that to be the case (unless we get a twist that RF is Barry :lol: ).

I am sorry but that makes very little sense to me. :lol:

Just cuz you can't defeat someone in a fight doesn't mean you are unable to kill them if the situation was right.

Of course you can do anything in a fantastical comic book world if the "situation was right". :rofl:

If the situation was right, Barry could defeat RF right now too. If the writer truly chooses to show that Barry can beat RF now or kill him, he could write hundreds of situations where he does. If the situation was right Barry would be sexing up Iris every minute of the show.

Saying that there is no indication that Barry can't kill RF right now has no basis from the show at all and saying "_____ can happen if the situation is right" can be said about every movies, shows, comics, books, etc...

Watched the first few episodes of this season.

**** is straight. I see it really gathering steam around the second or third season when it finds its "niche", so to speak

Them special effects though
sick.gif
some of these stunts are borderline blockbuster movie level. Blows Smallville and other such shows out of the water

Still not enjoying the casting decision for Barry but he's growing on me. Still hate Iris and I suspect I always will. Dialogue is a bit choppy at points too but all around solid series.

So far an 8/10 from me

Last edited:
I am sorry but that makes very little sense to me. :lol:
That's completely fine bruh. I could kinda tell this back when you kept switching back and forth to two different points.

Of course you can do anything in a fantastical comic book world if the "situation was right". :rofl:
I never said can do anything. I'm simply talking in the most literal sense of can Barry kill RF. The answer is yes. If you just want to go off in this general sense of anything can happen and ignore the show fine.
If the situation was right, Barry could defeat RF right now too. If the writer truly chooses to show that Barry can beat RF now or kill him, he could write hundreds of situations where he does. If the situation was right Barry would be sexing up Iris every minute of the show.
Um yeah this is not what I'm talking about. Anybody can say if the writer's write it this way. That's not what I'm on when I say Barry can kill RF.

Saying that there is no indication that Barry can't kill RF right now has no basis from the show at all and saying "_____ can happen if the situation is right" can be said about every movies, shows, comics, books, etc...
All of my basis is directly from the show actually.

:lol:

Dude I am done, what you are saying you aren't doing, is exactly what you are doing.

And then blaming your unclear sentences on switching topics like it's so far fetch and impossible confuse the two.

I like discussions with you because of your knowledge in comics and all and you make sense most of the time but this time you are just way off.

Believe me I kind of get what you are trying to get at but you are practically saying that since Barry didn't fail at killing RF then that means he is capable even though the show clearly showed him outmatched in every level. You want a situation that doesn't exist in the show where Barry has to hug RF and never let go and pull a suicide bomb to show he is capable of killing RF. I mean if they showed Barry trying to kill RF and he fails, then what stops you from saying "well if he does it this way, my way then he willl surely kill Barry". You want to create your own stories and ignore what the writers and show tell.

But hey you want the W and the final word. It's yours man. Go ahead.

:rofl:

It literally can't get clearer than this:
I'll restate, the various moving parts that are somehow getting mixed together, Barry can easily wash Ras. He would even have the intent to kill him and could kill him if Ras killed someone he loved. Without the intent to kill Barry would still defeat Ras easily.

As things are now, nothing has shown that Barry is unable to kill RF. Regardless of that, RF has killed Barry's mother and on top of that it led to the wrongful imprisonment of his father. I have no doubt if Barry's father's imprisonment wasn't an issue Barry would totally go at RF with the intent to kill him.

If you'd actually dealt with what was in the post instead of adding in extra **** maybe I would've got a reply I could've responded to on topic.

This is a good example of the extra **** you're adding and apparently assuming I'm saying:
but you are practically saying that since Barry didn't fail at killing RF then that means he is capable even though the show clearly showed him outmatched in every level.
No I am not.

First off Barry didn't even try to kill RF in this past ep. Being outmatched in a fight on every level doesn't mean you can't kill somebody. Perhaps you're not thinking about this as you just say it. I'm pretty sure I can't beat up prime Mike Tyson in a fight but I know of a few ways I could kill him.

Based off what we've seen in the show, the things that have came up, the villains Barry has faced so far, the ppl that have already died, Barry's current limits, etc. If Barry solely wanted to kill RF he could. You don't need to be stronger or faster to outsmart your opponent if the aim is to kill.

Last edited:
Finally put the episode on Popcorn Time.

My man Zoom laid the smackdown on Barry
pimp.gif

Dude stopped and stared Thawne right in the face and did NOTHING.

That's all I needed to see. Confirmed Thawne in my book.

Edit: After watching the full episode, I think I may have gotten it backwards.

So the obvious time traveling Zoom is Thawne back in time from the future.. For an as of yet unexplained reason.

Wells appears to be Professor Zoom, the second incarnation of Zoom, also back in time... For an as of yet unexplained reason (other then preserving the future... Flashpoint?).

It's either that, or one Zoom is omitted and Wells is just spinning a clever game by using an alternate version of himself to throw everyone off his trail...

Now assuming they're not sidestepping current theories on this type of ****, I don't see how it's possible for Wells to be from the future, and this Zoom to also be Wells from some other time period capable of interacting with each other without some weird *** laws being broken.

I know the Speed Force allows one to alter their own age and don disguises.. But it was never capable of creating a dupe, and I highly doubt Zoom was moving so fast he could appear as Zoom in the costume vibrating fast enough to phase his molecules through that force field while simultaneously holding a conversation with himself in his chair (he could probably do this though but at the rate at which he was talking, I highly doubt this is the case).

So I guess long story short.. If they are going to use both Zolomon Zoom and Thawne Zoom, I think they're in this timeline for differing reasons, or potentially working together loosely.

If they're going to just use one Zoom.. Well Wells managed to pull off some Dr. Strange level foolery and without anything else to go on I have no clue.

Last edited:
^^^ and that's the beauty of this episode it felt like we got a lot of info only to still not know anything.

Back
Top Bottom