The future of the LBJ line?

LBJ's headband is a reverse Jordan brand headband.

The VI's are just plain ugly. No colorway can save that shoe.

Will be interesting to see just how quickly Nike can get the Retros into the market to cash in on his first ring..........

I believe Lebron line and Kobe Line are the longest running other than Jordan.

Melo is at 8 (don't know how)

Pippen ended at 5

Payton ended at 4

Penny ended at 4 (i don't believe 5 is a true penny)

Carter 5

KD is at 5 now

CP3 is at 5

I don't really see retro potential with lebrons. Are any of those designs really transcendant? To me, they look like well made shoes, but they don't catch my eye like classic jordans or pennys.

Personally if Nike wanted to they could have a signature shoe for at least one athlete per team in the NBA and NFL.

Im sure more than 30 College Grads or aspiring designers would LOVE to assist designing athletes shoes to give Nike more to pick from. After all the Melo remix was done by a Non Nike employee and it looked much better than the original.

The thing is that guy was able to design with no restrictions. Many restrictions are put on Nike designers.

Lebron will always have a shoe. Chris bosh had a quasi signature shoe right? They can put names on any shoe and call it a certain players. Griffin, Bosh and Lin have Hyperdunks of different types.

Future of the Lebron Line................
The Lebron XI will be designed by Kanye West and Eric A., It will retail for $289.99 and will have double stacked zoom air in the forefoot and a new technology called lunarbron in the heel.
The shoe upper will have ostrich and crocodile skin and look like a mixture between the yeezy 1 and 2.
This shoe will cause mayhem in the sneaker world with people reselling for 2000.00.
Playoff time Nike will release the elite version of the Lebron XI that comes will retail for $410.00. The Elite version will have micro chip in it with ajustable lunarbron that hardens and softens up when it senses you jump.
elite verison will have to be pluged in and charged.

i dont see how people in here are saying Lebron has a questionable line before the 9 smh, the AZG,lebrons 2,3,4,6,7,8 had dope cw's. Jordan laid the path for Lebron to even have a line and a Genius in Tinker behind the designs. I think is has nothing to do with the fact that he won a chip cause Jordans line was popping way before he got a chip.

Originally Posted by vood99

Originally Posted by bucknuteagle

Ok, let's just think about this for a second. Most people that started buying sneakers faithfully got into it for 2 reasons. 1, to keep up with the joneses with the newest, hottest designs, and 2, because they wanted to be like their favorite player. Hence the "everybody wants to be like Mike" campaign. Hell, I'll still catch myself sticking my tongue out every once in awhile when I'm going in for a drive. How many people do you know that want to be like Lebron? Sure, people wish they had his game or his ridiculous physical gifts, but to actually BE him? I bet the number is relatively small. EVERYONE born between 1975-1992 at some point wanted to be Jordan. Or if they didn't want to be him, they hated his guts with a passion unmatched in sports fandom because of what he did to their team. That level of universal adoration has been pretty much unrivaled before or since. Nike's ability to turn that adoration into a longstanding line and profits revolutionized the way people think about shoes, sneakers especially. Lebron has none of these things going for him. At best, it's great for him that he's starting to win titles in a time when sneakers happen to be the new, hot thing. I don't think this will translate into anything like the behemoth that is Jordan Brand. And let's not forget, just a few years ago even major Jordan retro releases were sitting for months and hitting outlets.

On top of all of this, I have a strong feeling that Lebron's line won't stand the test of time like a lot of Jordan's sneakers. There's something simple and classic about the majority of Jordan's from I-XIV (aka the ones that will be constantly retroed), that's not true for Lebron's. The main thing that's drawn people to Lebron's line is the wild colorways, and unfortunately those aren't going to hold up too well in a couple of years. You think bell bottoms look crazy now? Imagine what you're going to think about a pair of bright orange glow in the dark sneakers, or a pair that's bright teal/aquamarine with pink hilights. Watching a Wale interview is going to be like watching an interview with Lionel Richie in the 80s.
My dude, comparing Lionel Richie to Wale is a cardinal sin. The former is a global icon while the latter will be known for posing WDYWT fits on a sneaker forum.
Musically I agree 100%, fashion wise, it's valid.  I rewatched the Hello video the other day and was like "what the hell was everybody in the 80s doing that made them think these clothes were a good idea," and then I remembered "oh yeah! cocaine!"

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Meetings are being had next week. Trust that...

nerd.gif

Do tell more info sir.

My man Rock, I pray that you're being sarcastic. The last thing the 'Bron line needs is 'authentic fakes', oops I mean retros from NSW.

Ok, let's just think about this for a second. Most people that started buying sneakers faithfully got into it for 2 reasons. 1, to keep up with the joneses with the newest, hottest designs, and 2, because they wanted to be like their favorite player. Hence the "everybody wants to be like Mike" campaign. Hell, I'll still catch myself sticking my tongue out every once in awhile when I'm going in for a drive. How many people do you know that want to be like Lebron? Sure, people wish they had his game or his ridiculous physical gifts, but to actually BE him? I bet the number is relatively small. EVERYONE born between 1975-1992 at some point wanted to be Jordan. Or if they didn't want to be him, they hated his guts with a passion unmatched in sports fandom because of what he did to their team. That level of universal adoration has been pretty much unrivaled before or since. Nike's ability to turn that adoration into a longstanding line and profits revolutionized the way people think about shoes, sneakers especially. Lebron has none of these things going for him. At best, it's great for him that he's starting to win titles in a time when sneakers happen to be the new, hot thing. I don't think this will translate into anything like the behemoth that is Jordan Brand. And let's not forget, just a few years ago even major Jordan retro releases were sitting for months and hitting outlets.

On top of all of this, I have a strong feeling that Lebron's line won't stand the test of time like a lot of Jordan's sneakers. There's something simple and classic about the majority of Jordan's from I-XIV (aka the ones that will be constantly retroed), that's not true for Lebron's. The main thing that's drawn people to Lebron's line is the wild colorways, and unfortunately those aren't going to hold up too well in a couple of years. You think bell bottoms look crazy now? Imagine what you're going to think about a pair of bright orange glow in the dark sneakers, or a pair that's bright teal/aquamarine with pink hilights. Watching a Wale interview is going to be like watching an interview with Lionel Richie in the 80s.
My dude, comparing Lionel Richie to Wale is a cardinal sin. The former is a global icon while the latter will be known for posing WDYWT fits on a sneaker forum.
Musically I agree 100%, fashion wise, it's valid.  I rewatched the Hello video the other day and was like "what the hell was everybody in the 80s doing that made them think these clothes were a good idea," and then I remembered "oh yeah! cocaine!"
People are still taking cocaine and I'll agree that LR and Wale are both entertainers. Dressing up like a clown in the 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s  serves just one purpose - keeping them in the spotlight. On to the subject of the Jordan line - Nike was pushing the envelope with colourways and marketing in that particular era. It's a known fact that the Black/Red Is, Cement IIIs were fashion forward for that time.

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

Future of the Lebron Line................
The Lebron XI will be designed by Kanye West and Eric A., It will retail for $289.99 and will have double stacked zoom air in the forefoot and a new technology called lunarbron in the heel.
The shoe upper will have ostrich and crocodile skin and look like a mixture between the yeezy 1 and 2.
This shoe will cause mayhem in the sneaker world with people reselling for 2000.00.
Playoff time Nike will release the elite version of the Lebron XI that comes will retail for $410.00. The Elite version will have micro chip in it with ajustable lunarbron that hardens and softens up when it senses you jump.
elite verison will have to be pluged in and charged.

LOL at "LunarBron".  However with Nike I wouldn't rule anything out.  
As for the future of the LeBron line, I wouldn't mind seeing more lifestyle-type LeBron shoes.  The ST Lows are decent, but something a little more lifestyle would be nice.

Other than that, I believe what Nike has going on with the Soldiers and Ambassadors is good; concept-wise.

Thats a good question.. I'm a huge fan of the lebron 9s but the others imo are kinda lame. some of the 8 color ways are dope but not many. I don't really see these getting retro'd though :/

My man Rock, I pray that you're being sarcastic. The last thing the 'Bron line needs is 'authentic fakes', oops I mean retros from NSW.
I think this is going to be a case where Nike Basketball holds on to the catalog for Brons previous footwear.
If NSW got ahold of Brons 1 thru 8 Nike Basketball would be competing hard against its own line.  NSW would release not only everything everyone's wanted but even stuff we dont.

Thats what those discussions will be. Trust me.. there will be a tug of war.

Any insight as to how that tug of war would likely go? Which would bring us neatly into a very interesting conversation into the balance of power department wise within the company.......

I wouldn't even pretend to know my man...

But a betting man would put Nike Basketball in the lead of its own product by only telling Lebron would could possibly happen and him stepping up and saying he's not for NSW getting his catalog.

Did Nike pull the "Rise" commercial from YT? Can't find it anywhere - just spoofs or mashups
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Would be all over 1st games or wheat AZG if they ever retro'd

I think this is going to be a case where Nike Basketball holds on to the catalog for Brons previous footwear.
If NSW got ahold of Brons 1 thru 8 Nike Basketball would be competing hard against its own line.  NSW would release not only everything everyone's wanted but even stuff we dont.

Thats what those discussions will be. Trust me.. there will be a tug of war.

I hear what you're saying and if I'm in charge of the 'Bron line I would not want any older models to cannibalize or undercut my current flagship.

Back
Top Bottom