smokin.gif
.  Rooney Mara was 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
.  Full frontal nudity is always an added bonus.  I can't picture any of the more mainstream actresses who were up for the part doing all that stuff.  Especially something like keeping the non-visible piercings in or actually getting all those piercings in your face for real.
I watched the original last year but my memory sucks.  I'll have to watch it again to see what all the differences were.

Was Daniel Craig talking in a Swedish accent?  I seriously couldn't tell.  It sounded like his normal accent.

Anyone else notice the weird coincidences that the 2 stars of the original are in big movies that are also out right now?  Michael Nyqvist is the bad guy in Mission Impossible and Noomi Rapace is the main girl in Sherlock Holmes.  She was also in the Prometheus trailer (which looks awesome btw) they showed before the movie.  
eek.gif

I watched it earlier.  It was 
smokin.gif
.  Rooney Mara was 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
.  Full frontal nudity is always an added bonus.  I can't picture any of the more mainstream actresses who were up for the part doing all that stuff.  Especially something like keeping the non-visible piercings in or actually getting all those piercings in your face for real.
I watched the original last year but my memory sucks.  I'll have to watch it again to see what all the differences were.

Was Daniel Craig talking in a Swedish accent?  I seriously couldn't tell.  It sounded like his normal accent.

Anyone else notice the weird coincidences that the 2 stars of the original are in big movies that are also out right now?  Michael Nyqvist is the bad guy in Mission Impossible and Noomi Rapace is the main girl in Sherlock Holmes.  She was also in the Prometheus trailer (which looks awesome btw) they showed before the movie.  
eek.gif

i think this movie will be more entertaining than the original but not as true to the story as the foreign film. imo book > either movie tho

i think this movie will be more entertaining than the original but not as true to the story as the foreign film. imo book > either movie tho

Originally Posted by shogun

He was on and off with it. Probably one of the weaker accents I've seen in a movie. There were scenes where he was flat out awful.
I thought the movie was good. It flew by for me, and I'm very difficult to get to sit down and watch movies that are longer than 90 minutes no matter how good. I haven't read the book or seen the original, so I can't compare it.

Rooney Mara did a wonderful job. 

Originally Posted by shogun

He was on and off with it. Probably one of the weaker accents I've seen in a movie. There were scenes where he was flat out awful.
I thought the movie was good. It flew by for me, and I'm very difficult to get to sit down and watch movies that are longer than 90 minutes no matter how good. I haven't read the book or seen the original, so I can't compare it.

Rooney Mara did a wonderful job. 

The hollywood version was ok but nothing compared to the Swedish version. BTW why American's have to make their own versions of great foreign movies? Can't you guys read or what is it?

The hollywood version was ok but nothing compared to the Swedish version. BTW why American's have to make their own versions of great foreign movies? Can't you guys read or what is it?

Originally Posted by ONEFORALL

BTW why American's have to make their own versions of great foreign movies? Can't you guys read or what is it?
IDK what this dude just wrote (I am 'Merican) but Noomi Rapace made the OG what it was. You can't replicate that. I heard Fincher made Salander kind of soulless in this one.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ONEFORALL

BTW why American's have to make their own versions of great foreign movies? Can't you guys read or what is it?
IDK what this dude just wrote (I am 'Merican) but Noomi Rapace made the OG what it was. You can't replicate that. I heard Fincher made Salander kind of soulless in this one.
ohwell.gif

^^I heard the books are really good.

But the target audience I believe is mainly towards older women (25<), and also older men as well.

For those that have watched both, the original and the remake, was there that much of a difference? Or was it like Let Me in and Let the Right One in?
From the trailers, Fincher's version looks almost exactly the same.

Also for those that watched it, I heard they changed the ending, is the ending worth watching?
Lol movie tickets are expensive.

But the target audience I believe is mainly towards older women (25<), and also older men as well.

For those that have watched both, the original and the remake, was there that much of a difference? Or was it like Let Me in and Let the Right One in?

Also for those that watched it, I heard they changed the ending, is the ending worth watching?

watched the swedish trilogy over hurricane irene back in summer, and just saw the american release...but i have to say i liked the swedish version much better

i think i was more drawn into the story looking for harriet and much more invested in the characters. i am reading the book right now, and trying to tie the three versions together, but i didnt really like the changes they made in the characters. i might be wrong here, but from the swedish one, i liked Mikael much more. In this american one, i found it hard to root for him in that he seemed like an absent father, had the affair w the co editor, and then gets lisbeth involved w lisbeth...then breaks her heart. I guess in the same breath I dont think anyone will ever top Noomi's portrayal of Lisbeth in the first one...in the american release lisbeth seemed more vulnerable and almost forced.

oh, also i @#**$%% hated the ending of this one.

i'm only about 50 pages into the book, and i am already tying the three adaptations together, maybe my opinion of all this will change when i'm done

watched the swedish trilogy over hurricane irene back in summer, and just saw the american release...but i have to say i liked the swedish version much better

i think i was more drawn into the story looking for harriet and much more invested in the characters. i am reading the book right now, and trying to tie the three versions together, but i didnt really like the changes they made in the characters. i might be wrong here, but from the swedish one, i liked Mikael much more. In this american one, i found it hard to root for him in that he seemed like an absent father, had the affair w the co editor, and then gets lisbeth involved w lisbeth...then breaks her heart. I guess in the same breath I dont think anyone will ever top Noomi's portrayal of Lisbeth in the first one...in the american release lisbeth seemed more vulnerable and almost forced.

i'm only about 50 pages into the book, and i am already tying the three adaptations together, maybe my opinion of all this will change when i'm done

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

I've read all three books and have seen all 3 Swedish versions. I think it makes a big difference that I read the books first then saw the Swedish versions (which I found boring and did not care for). I think Finchers version of the first film is much better put together than the Swedish ones. The change they made for the ending made sense for the big screen. the end result of the movie did not change at all from the Harriet aspect or the Lisbeth+Mikhal aspect that was portrayed in the book.

The Swedish adaptation does not follow the book as close as Fincher's version did. I'd say once you get through the novel you'll see that Fincher did a much better job with the characters than the Swedish director. I have complaints with the presentation of Lisbeth in both versions. In the Swedish version I felt she was too strong of a character, too normal. In Fincher's version I thought that her connection with Mikhal wasn't as built up as it should have been and she didn't act as childish at some points and she should have.

From the book I've always thought of Lisbeth as an ultra intellectual that is emotionally stunted (rightly so), having the personality and social awkwardness of a 12 year old girl in an adults body. I think I need to wait until I see Finchers version of the next book to give an honest opinion of which Lisbeth is better. Her character development is so progressive in the second book that I can't make the call yet.

Someone also mentioned that there was a ton of sex/nudity in this film. The book had even more than what was shown in this film so I can't say that they over did it at all.

Back
Top Bottom