The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

Didn't pull the trigger yesterday. I like them but I can't see myself wearing these casually and I won't allow nostalgia to sway me. Glad everyone got a pair nonetheless.

It's more about them having a line of people, and they don't have the personnel to personally assist everyone if they want to try them on. If you do it for one, everyone else might start wanting to do it. Then you have a problem of watching people and having people try and run out the store.

I've gone to some sneaker releases and if there's no line(milk snakes and Suns VIII's) and they had no problem letting you try them on.

For those that have em already, are there straps on the sides that secure the tongue, or can you pull the tongue out?

I'll probably pick up a second pair on thursday from footlocker when they restock at the stores.

Is there also going to be an online restock?

Shoe Palace has my size online, but I am trying to add to cart for about 3 hours now, but today seems to be my unluckiest day of the year!!!

Their honoring the coupon for others who's birthday isn't today or this month so what's the big deal.

And yes I would and have actually gotten a niketown emoloyee fired before because he refused to honor a legit return with a receipt and wouldnt give me gas money out his pocket for wasting my time. Some employees are retail warriors and take their jobs way to seriously. Am I stealing $25 from that individual employee or manager? No I'm not. How is me getting the $25 refunded hurting them? It isn't. So if they want to be stupid about it a call to corporate will get me my $25 refund plus a gift card to make up for the terrible customer service expierence I had and the at will employee will most likely get in trouble. If they give me run around they have the option to make things right or call my bluff and deal with the consequences. I had a bunch of friends in management at various footlockers around my way in the past. I'm well aware of what I can and can't do and will call an employee out if they give me unnecessary run around.
:pimp:

Is there also going to be an online restock?

Shoe Palace has my size online, but I am trying to add to cart for about 3 hours now, but today seems to be my unluckiest day of the year!!!

I think they said yes for the restock online too.

I told someone else, now that eBay is getting flooded no issues messaging a seller directly and asking for discount on direct invoice. Cheapest I found before release (when everyone had them above $220) was $190 direct invoice. So I passed and tried on release

I think they said yes for the restock online too.

I told someone else, now that eBay is getting flooded no issues messaging a seller directly and asking for discount on direct invoice. Cheapest I found before release (when everyone had them above $220) was $190 direct invoice. So I passed and tried on release

Thanks!

I do not want to give any hypebeast a chance, I am a collector not a a hypebeast victim, when I am selling a shoe, I am also doing that a reasonable price!

easiest cop ever... most ppl yesterday were lining up/running around the mall for the jordan v.. can't wait for the other colorways.. one of my fav shoes

these are straight fire. lovin that new shoe smell. got me feeling like

tumblr_leiyhgCfCM1qenr6no1_250.gif

hopefully everyone that was trying to get these was able to. it was not hard for me locally since everyone was trying to get the bel-air 5s.

Last edited:
My girl came through and copped me a pair on SP since she knew I was sick :smokin

Can't wait till they get here.

Repped.

SMH @ the thought of getting someone fired because you want to save $25 :smh:

How am I getting them fired? Their actions get them fired. I was completely within the right of gettig the Niketown employee fired a few years back because of how he acted. Anyhow I got my $25 refunded with no problems so that's all that really matters to me.
Real G stuff.

Easy cop but not without it being somewhat hectic.

Thurs I did my recon at the mall and FA, FL SP and Sheiks said yes, they would have them. Champs and FNL said nope. Fast forward to yesterday 10AM. Waiting out front of FA with a bunch of females looking to cop Bel Airs for the kids and one other dude who was looking for Gloves. At 10A FA worker comes out and says to everyone "you have to leave because I have to go to the bank". So we ask about sizes for gloves…9?, nope, 10? nope. Say what? They aren't even open yet but they don't have a 9 or a 10? Must have gone out the back door or he didn't like us, lol.

The other guy says he's going to check Champs but I told him that on Thurs. they said they weren't getting them. We were 10 yrds. away so we took a look at Champs and BOOM sitting right there on the shelf. Scooped my 10. The other guy needed a 9 but there was a glue/scuff on the only 9 so he went to SP which had a line for Bel Airs. I went to look at FL across from SP just to see if they had them. They did. Asked if they had a 9. They did. Walked across to SP and told the other guy that there was a 9 sitting across the hall, no line. He went over. Copped his pair.

Moral of the story is basically stores don't even know what they are getting and I won't be hitting my local FA anytime soon. Used to be my go to spot at the mall.
Also, it pays to have some help while chasing down shoes. Good to see the cooperation in this thread and IRL.

Oh, and TTS for me. Definitely. But I don't have a wide foot. YMMV.

Not gonna lie I kinda miss that old monkey paw, but I was glad to be able to grab these with relative ease. Called the one spot in my town that had em last night around 7 and they said they only had 3 pairs left. One was a 13 so I knew it was meant to be.

I wasn't aware they were gonna hit NDC on a later date. If they hit swoosh looks like I'll have to double up

Are they restocking in all stores they released in already...I'm assuming that just means one FSR

Back
Top Bottom