The Glove Thread / Zoom Flight 98

I'm excited about possible retro plus colorways. I'd like to see a yellow/ purple lakers and a bucks green/purple. A seattle colorway more like the one that was mocked up several pages back with green spandex would also be sweet.

The volts and abyss are a no go.

Regardless, I'm budgeting to get quite a few of these. I'm skipping on the bred 1s. They look decent but they'll come out again in a few years anyway. The laneys 1s are   nice but cost more than the gloves even though they have no tech. I'm not paying extra just because it's a Jordan

I feel you... Ive been thinking about a grey based alternate Bucks colorway for a while.

Something along the line of this

Id also like to see a simple Seattle themed colorway release. Something like the black/white/reds but with green in place of black, and yellow in place of red.

The colorway I want to see most though is a navy/white/red olympic theme... maybe with some gold accents.... a chromed gold monkey paw would be really cool to see.

Last edited:
I stopped in FTL yesterday and I was able to look at the OSU gloves. I must admit, they looked pretty good. As of right now, only the white gloves are on my radar.

My Gloves came in today. Still waiting on my pair from end.

They look awesome. The fit was just right.Glad I went tts. They felt uncomfortable at first but after wearing them for a few minutes they felt a lot better.They're tight on the lateral side but any larger and my foot would move around. Had the exact same thing with the shox bb4 retro. 12.5 was a bit tight but 13 was huge. 

Lacing them up and looking at the tongue on my feet made me feel like I was lacing up for a game back in 1998. The small visual differences don't bother me at all. Except for the white laces. I hate those but it's a really easy fix.

My memory isn't good enough to remember what the zoom was like back then but I remember it was comfortable. The new one feels flat, almost non-existent. My body would take a pounding playing in these but I just have to try. 

Ive been looking for a black pair for a decent price for a few weeks now no luck size 10

Last edited:
My Gloves came in today. Still waiting on my pair from end.

They look awesome. The fit was just right.Glad I went tts. They felt uncomfortable at first but after wearing them for a few minutes they felt a lot better.They're tight on the lateral side but any larger and my foot would move around. Had the exact same thing with the shox bb4 retro. 12.5 was a bit tight but 13 was huge. 
Lacing them up and looking at the tongue on my feet made me feel like I was lacing up for a game back in 1998. The small visual differences don't bother me at all. Except for the white laces. I hate those but it's a really easy fix.
My memory isn't good enough to remember what the zoom was like back then but I remember it was comfortable. The new one feels flat, almost non-existent. My body would take a pounding playing in these but I just have to try. 

Yeah, the airsole layout was totally different. The OGs had an extremely unique design with 5 separate Zoom airbags.

There were Pics of the OGs dissected floating around a few years ago... does anyone still have those ? Much reps will be given

I had them saved as well as a bunch of samples and other stuff but lost them when my last HD crashed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom