The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CugY2XuUsAA0s7r.jpg:large

Fire.

And a very good O-line and a capable run game when Gruden/McVay aren't trippin'. They have PLENTY of weapons. However, none of that matters unless the 3 stooges (Cousins/McVay/Gruden) up their games.

This is exactly why folks are hard on Cousins. Even the most amateur eye can see that this squad is an average QB away from being 4-1 and really unlocking the potential of this offense. Cousins just has to get back to how he was playing over the final 9 games last year. He's gotten better since week 1/2, but he's got a long way to go. Has to cut down on the brain farts.

Exactly. The skins have a very very talented offense. Just need cousins to be average but even great a little above average and the offense would be fine.

Also Matt Jones is running really good. They just don't run him enough.

Matt Jones is struggle in the 1st half of games. Around the end of the 3rd he picks it up and punishes defenses in the 4th.

Someone explain to me why fans aren't allowed to acknowledge/celebrate titles from before their time.

You're going to tell me your teams history isn't yours to appreciate if you weren't alive for it?

its great to research the history since no one here has followed a team since its beginning (except panthers, jags and texans fans). not sure how old you are but if your claiming raiders 3x superbowl champs and you were 5 in the 80s, you didnt witness them. how can one claim titles they werent around for. just seems silly.

what is this date of championship talk? :lol:

well all y'all were alive for all of my squad's chips...so no skin off my back. and anyone who wasn't alive for all of them, not trying to care about their opinion anyway since they're probably in middle school.

seriously though, who cares? it's about the next one. always.

example: i see a lot of laker fans claiming 16 titles yet started watching basketball in the late 80s and 90s. how does that make sense. modern era steeler fans should claim 2 rings (except dmx cause he was around in the 70s). dont come in here talking about steelers have 6 rings unless youre dmx. silly right?

Do you guys think there's almost too much parity in the league for a reason as to why the ratings are down? It's like there's so few great teams who play quality football week in week out that it's rare we see them match up. Leaving the rest of the games to average or below average teams. Won't be until later in the year when the stakes are high with positioning in the standings that it will mask this.

no sorry but im never excited or interested in seeing  jameis winston play and the majority arent either. how do the bucs have a monday night game to begin with. i thought only playoff teams from the previous year got monday night games.
Nah Godell changed it so every team gets a primetime game.

doesn't CFB gameday have the ability to move around to different matchups to get the most appealing game to the consumer?

I know some of them are pre-determined and set in the offseason. but last year the VT fanbase was trying to get gameday to broadcast beamer's last game at lane stadium.

possibly the NFL could adjust to have the primetime games flexed around?

just a thought.

doesn't CFB gameday have the ability to move around to different matchups to get the most appealing game to the consumer?

I know some of them are pre-determined and set in the offseason. but last year the VT fanbase was trying to get gameday to broadcast beamer's last game at lane stadium.

possibly the NFL could adjust to have the primetime games flexed around?

just a thought.

The NFL usually flexes SNF games later in the season. Don't think I've seen a MNF flexed, though.

In theory...SOME, not all, of these matchups look good on paper, and I can't blame anyone for anticipating an entertaining game.

The problem is the NFL product itself is just not where it should be relative to their king of the jungle status. And yeah, there IS too much bad football being played these days by teams that should be a lot better than what they are.

Commercials have gone up this decade, flags go up each year, overall sloppiness, convoluted rules and interpretations, too many unnecessary controversies that take away from what should be the focus, a decrease of real contenders for the SB, etc. etc. I could go on and on.

Remember...all these things are a factor AND the NFL increasingly demands more of our allocated time per week than ever before. It's Sunday, Monday, Thursday, check out our apps, look at our websites, follow this exclusive **** on Twitter/Facebook, watch our stupid 3 hour pre and post shows, feast on 24/7/365 coverage in the offseason. More, more, more. It's no wonder fatigue is starting to set in. Greedy *** smart dumb league.
Rule changes, limited practicing, etc. that have been implemented over the years is finally catching up to the NFL. Add that to the fact that offensive line play across the league is a damn near epidemic, mainly because the college game is vastly different than the NFL and this is the result.
Excellent, excellent points. This is absolutely true. We don't talk about the limited practices and bad oline play enough in here.

Also the coaching is ATROCIOUS, and might be at an all-time low, but I already ranted about that not too long ago.
laugh.gif

Have to think there would be a lot of issues with hotels and travel if they flex a MNF game.

Yeah, I was also thinking last night how good a Bucs/Panthers game might have sounded much better after last season. It could have been a good one. The problem is, the NFL basically takes a stab at expectations for every MNF matchup and it's failing because it seems like they suck at gauging potential when one or both teams end up being horrible.

You also can't have consistent winners on MNF every week. That on top of the fact that they don't get first pick all the time and still have to compete with CBS, FOX, SNF and TNF who get first pick each respective week as well. It might not be an MNF/ESPN thing, rather an NFL thing in how they establish these matchup of the week spots and who gets what.

Rule changes, limited practicing, etc. that have been implemented over the years is finally catching up to the NFL. Add that to the fact that offensive line play across the league is a damn near epidemic, mainly because the college game is vastly different than the NFL and this is the result.[/quote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom