The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just kinda noticed Rodgers has been low key firing shots at Goodell for some time now.

I don't think any of the top QB's in the league have been doing this. Brady has already been successfully vilified by the NFL so it doesn't hold as much weight as it should. There's been consistent criticism from players around the league but it's nice to see it from a player with a reputation as big as Rodgers who is also very well-spoken. He's already made a second comment on the state of the league this week. He's been making comments all summer long on podcasts. And he was one of the first QB's to say who cares about deflate gate I always try to get away with inflating the ball over the limit.
You got a link to where he makes these comments or can paraphrase what he said? I'm curious about it, as you can imagine.

I just kinda noticed Rodgers has been low key firing shots at Goodell for some time now.

I don't think any of the top QB's in the league have been doing this. Brady has already been successfully vilified by the NFL so it doesn't hold as much weight as it should. There's been consistent criticism from players around the league but it's nice to see it from a player with a reputation as big as Rodgers who is also very well-spoken. He's already made a second comment on the state of the league this week. He's been making comments all summer long on podcasts. And he was one of the first QB's to say who cares about deflate gate I always try to get away with inflating the ball over the limit.

You got a link to where he makes these comments or can paraphrase what he said? I'm curious about it, as you can imagine.

Aaron Rodgers: It’s on us if Goodell is judge, jury and executioner

Arent there still other cases though? Doubt hes gonna have much life left if he does get out

Sharper barely getting a year per individual count of rape.  That's insane. 

Even more insane is the 18 years is twice the length of sentence prosecutors pursued. 

Judge extended it because nine years wasn't harsh enough. 

Dudes getting jammed with half a brick seeing more years than a habitual rapist sociopath.

Last edited:
What's the deal here? Did he cop a plea? Cooperate with the feds? I don't remember there being a lack of evidence.

Last edited:

Macbk posted link to his most recent comments. Which were just 2 days after he said players are afraid to speak on social issues. Unlike the NBA where Adam Silver has created a good environment for players to speak their minds.

"One-hundred percent," he said. "And I think it starts with leadership. I think (NBA commissioner Adam Silver) has done a good job promoting that type of environment. And I think some guys in the NFL are probably worried about repercussions on speaking their mind from the league."

Under Roger Goodell, the NFL has been a league that takes a stand against the air pressure in footballs and not much else. That seems to dissuade players from speaking out, Rodgers indicated, and when few stars take the risk, lesser players may not either.

"I think if more guys maybe did in our league, it would create a domino effect possibly," Rodgers said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...s-silent-social-issues-fear-article-1.2753554

He's been vocal about the NFL demanding too much access such as being mic'd up at the line where you can hear his cadences on AJ Hawks podcast. Made comments like "the day they put cameras in helmets im out of here". He was vocal about Cobb getting injured in the playoff game because the mic bruised his lung and took him out of the game.

And like I said he was one of the first QB's to defend Brady by admitting to trying to get away with over inflating footballs.

mtvLWU.gif

Yeah if you go in for any crime against women or children, pepper your angus.
I guess some crimes are especially heinous than others.  Prisoners should just be worried about serving their sentences and figure out how to contribute to be a positive contributor to society when they are out.  I mean if you go to prison for armed robbery vs. someone who raped a woman, how is one person in this scenario any better than the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom