The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bosa holding out ain't gon change anything in the future tho ...almost everybody else gon jump at the contract as soon as they get a chance , rookies ain't trying wait on no $$$

Bosa holding out ain't gon change anything in the future tho ...almost everybody else gon jump at the contract as soon as they get a chance , rookies ain't trying wait on no $$$
That's one of the issues, Bosa is being offered a contract that no one else(top 5 pick) has accepted since 2012. They've either gotten the bonus at once or the offset language was removed. The Chargers won't do either. A similar situation happened last year with Mariota but both sides met in the middle which is something the Chargers aren't willing to do.

Last edited:

Also because most NFL draft picks don't come from money.

League is shameful with how they do the players, union never got ahead of it like MLB or NBA.

I know the rosters are larger in NFL but so is the revenue, exponentially.

Also because most NFL draft picks don't come from money.

League is shameful with how they do the players, union never got ahead of it like MLB or NBA.

I know the rosters are larger in NFL but so is the revenue, exponentially.
Yup the players should have better contracts but like i said most of em gon take whatever money they can get ...careers are short and injuries happen too often so they just wanna get that bread any way n as fast as possible...even if the terms aren't in their favor

Can't blame Bosa tho, gotta stand up for something...n if he feels the chargers are messin round wit him then f em ...can't he go play in Canada or something this year while he wait this contract **** out ? That's an easy 100k for him :lol:

Hold strong, Joey. You don't want to be in San Diego anyway. Come back to the draft next year and become a Raider.

Ian Kenyon ‏@IanKenyonNFL 40s40 seconds ago
Bosa's agent is Todd France (CAA). CAA represents like half of the first round picks each year. They won't forget this.

Chargers are ********* idiots. :smh:

@The Collector
@cpriceNFL: #Patriots have actually traded Stork to the ******** for a conditional draft pick, per @RapSheet.
That sounds more like BB
laugh.gif
,get a pick out of him instead of nothing if he got cut
yup.. that sounds more like 'hoodie goin hood'

actually would be more hoodie if he got chris Thompson from them as dion lewis insurance

Last edited:
Belichick trolling.
laugh.gif
mean.gif
Had the media tell everyone this morning Stork was released, and probably didn't file the paperwork in case someone came for a trade.

Looking forward to the low round pick we'll receive which he'll use to draft an ambidextrous former cornerback turned long snapper out of Rutgers.
smokin.gif

What's the deal with Stork besides the concussions? I'm assuming he can't be worse than Kory Lichtensteiger or Spencer Long.

Belichick trolling. :lol: :smh: Had the media tell everyone this morning Stork was released, and probably didn't file the paperwork in case someone came for a trade.

Looking forward to the low round pick we'll receive which he'll use to draft an ambidextrous former cornerback turned long snapper out of Rutgers. :smokin

Scrappy, ambidextrous former cornerback turned long snapper out of Rutgers. Get it right please.

How long do I have to wait before I open the Draft thread?

(this might be a new record, I usually don't ask til like week 3 :lol: )

What exactly are Bosa & SD negotiating?

Isn't your salary slotted depending what round/pick you are?

What exactly are Bosa & SD negotiating?

Isn't your salary slotted depending what round/pick you are?

For both sides, the entire holdout comes down to a debate of precedent.

The Bosa camp is arguing that since the slotting system, which assigns the length, total value and bonus money in rookie deals based on where the player is drafted was instituted, the precedent has been repeatedly set for top five picks to receive either no offset or no deferment.

For the Chargers part, they would have us believe removing the offset language and/or eliminating the bonus deferment simply isn't done. They would have us believe they are simply pushing for what all other teams write into their rookie contracts, that they are merely protecting the way they do business and cannot set a new precedent for anyone, especially not a rookie.

But what if the facts paint a different portrait entirely? What if the Chargers are full of sh*t?

Fact: Since the slotting system went into effect in 2012 (five drafts), every third overall pick has signed a contract in which either the offset was removed or their signing bonus was paid in full by the end of their rookie season, as Bosa is requesting.

Fact: 16 of the 20 top five picks from 2012-2015 either received their bonus by the end of their rookie season or had the offset language removed from their deal.

Fact: Three of the top five picks, and five of the top seven picks to have signed this year, either have no offset language or will receive their bonus before the end of the 2016 season.

Fact: Both Jared Goff and Jalen Ramsey signed deals which guaranteed them their signing bonus before the end of the 2016 season AND removed the offset language.

What does all this mean? Simply put, it means that while it may not be the "Chargers way" to negotiate the offset language or the timing of the signing bonus, it is how the league conducts its business with its top five picks. This really makes how they go about their business irrelevant and makes them look petty.

And now the kicker...Joey's camp has reportedly been very upfront about their willingness to compromise on these points by settling for one or the other. And they have communicated this stance since May. They aren't, as some has reported, holding out for both. Much to the contrary, it's pretty clear the offset language would become a non-issue if the team would just give some ground on the bonus.

Scrappy, ambidextrous former cornerback turned long snapper out of Rutgers. Get it right please.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
mean.gif

"They are going to clear my name and give me the same sendoff they gave [retired quarterback] Peyton Manning," Harrison said. "I'm going to be cleared. They are going to give me the same thing, flash, across the bulletin board, NFL, Instagram, Twitter, all that -- 'James Harrison cleared.'"
James Harrison, ladies & gentlemen.

Deebo forever.
pimp.gif

Last edited:
How long do I have to wait before I open the Draft thread?

(this might be a new record, I usually don't ask til like week 3 :lol: )
Get week 1 out the way then get it cracking ...we already know some of the teams picking in the top 10 of the 2017 draft already :lol:

Bosa comes from money but yeah for the regular joe they gonna hop on it asap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom