The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Fitz sticks to his guns. Jets should be ashamed lowballing him like so...

Especially being one of the teams considered only "a qb away"..

He was far and away the best qb the jets had in a while...he gets production outta the offensive weapons, and most importantly, he's produced and he gets Chan galeys system...

I know y'all jets fans are hoping he caves and y'all get him at a discount, but you might as well kiss the baby is Geno trots out week 1 cause I don't see 10 wins outta him.

Fitz or bust at this point and he gets that. Nobody else on the roster gives the jets a chance to compete imo. This is the rare occasion where the player holds all the cards, Fitz is doing very well in not showing his hand.

PREACH. Amen.

I've been saying it all offseason. Fitz gets major props from me for sticking to his guns and not accepting those weak *** lowball offers they tried on him at the start of negotiations.

I support his stance on this 100%. Jets management should've had the foresight to lock up the MOST IMPORTANT POSITION IN ALL 4 MAJOR SPORTS for a team ready to win right now. If this is considered a "distraction" at this point, its their own damn fault.

I hope you get ya fair market value money, pleighboi.

It's so important, you can get a guy that can't throw to play it and win anyways. #Value :pimp:

I respect a man that sticks to his principles. *shrugs*

I think it's obvious by now I tend to side with players on these issues...ESPECIALLY in the NFL. It's a cold business. Jets management could win out at the end because all other teams are currently set at QB, but that wouldn't make them "right" here IMO. Take care of your leader on offense, man.  Clearly well respected as evidenced by his teammates support. Compromise on a fair 1 or 2 year deal.

I posted this like last month when the exchanged offers leaked...
Ryan Fitzpatrick finished last season with 31 TD passes, tied with another player for 10th in the league. The other player is the best QB in the world.

Ryan plays the premium position in the entire sport. The wage scale is different for QB's and always will be.

If you exclude QB's still on their rookie contract and those who had season-ending injuries (Luck and Romo), every other QB within 10 TD's of Fitzpatrick final total is worth at least $16M for this upcoming season.

So if you finished with 21 or more TD passes, and you're not on a rookie deal, there's at least a $16 million cap hit attached to your name for 2016. So he's well within his right to throw that out as a first offer.

But you, I, the Jets, and everyone else knows he's not worth $16M average per season at this stage of his career.

The Jets are offering him HALF of that though. That's disrespectful.
I don't know if it's the same numbers being exchanged right now, but I think my larger point still stands. It is what it is.

Last edited:
If Fitz was worth what he wanted he wouldn't still be a free agent.

Quite the contrary. He knows his worth with this team>>> his worth elsewhere...

Add in the fuzzy qb situation behind him and his worth as a jet just went up.

let us not forget this feeling of optimism coming into this season for the jets directly correlates with Fitz having a good year last year.

The difference between Fitz and Geno imo is the difference between ten wins and picking in the top ten..

I mean I thought he offered a fair compromise when he asked for the 1 year "prove it" deal..

But the jets insistt on the 3 year deal just in case he drops another 30tds and 10 wins they can have him on the cheap thenext season.

It's bad business. It's the kinda built business practices you do when you know the person your negotiating with has no other choice but to accept it. Which is how 95% of NFL negotiations go.

Let Fitz get his while he can. This is literally his only window. Lol.

I love it. Fitz going to be sitting at home this season. Making zero dollars instead of 10-12 mil this year. No one else wants him for a reason. Geno could have got 8-9 wins and threw them out of the playoffs in the final two games as well. **** him.

"Ballers" last night sucked. No idea why I watched it. Last season was bad. Watching Suh open a restaurant and Rock fight Suggs was so damn dumb. Night Of is dope though. Hope it stays as well.

Romo isn't staying healthy all season and that defense is gonna be trash again. Maybe even worse. All those injuries and suspensions. It's gonna be ugly.

View media item 2104298

In for the new NFL season. 
pimp.gif

In for the Color Rush jerseys. 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

I love it. Fitz going to be sitting at home this season. Making zero dollars instead of 10-12 mil this year. No one else wants him for a reason. Geno could have got 8-9 wins and threw them out of the playoffs in the final two games as well. **** him.

"Ballers" last night sucked. No idea why I watched it. Last season was bad. Watching Suh open a restaurant and Rock fight Suggs was so damn dumb. Night Of is dope though. Hope it stays as well.

Romo isn't staying healthy all season and that defense is gonna be trash again. Maybe even worse. All those injuries and suspensions. It's gonna be ugly.

View media item 2104298

Defense was just as average last year as it was the year before when we went 12-4...only difference was the highest rated qb in 2014 missed 3/4 the season last year....

I'll admit tho romos health is a big question mark....but IF he plays sumn teen games, I really see us running away with the division quite literally...

Any other nfc east fans feel like this is Jerry Reese last year? Hate to see a high ranking brother lose his job but no way the Giants can just buy the division. It never works like that..Olivier Vernon and janoris Jenkins are in for a rude awakening Imo...tho I'll give Vernon his credit he had an amazing game vs Tyron smith last year..

Pretty sure the active player with the most sacks on the Cowboys is a CB. Sean Lee was healthy for once in his career and it was all for naught. That defense will be bad this year, don't think there's anyway around that.

Offense will be good as long as Romo plays, and they could potentially take the division due to having the easiest schedule.

Late to the party, but I'm here 
smokin.gif

Curious though, how will the Colts will the Super Bowl, when the AFC will the represented by the Jags?

Bush was busted, went to Miami and balled. Most importantly got healthy.

Arian could possinly do the same.

One thing the Dolphins have is top notch doctors.

We'll see, healthy + Gase could be fun.

Marc Anthony
Gloria Estefan
Emilio Estefan
Fergie
Serena Williams
Venus Williams

as partners.

Pretty sure the active player with the most sacks on the Cowboys is a CB. Sean Lee was healthy for once in his career and it was all for naught. That defense will be bad this year, don't think there's anyway around that.

Offense will be good as long as Romo plays, and they could potentially take the division due to having the easiest schedule.

All facts my man...no denying any of that....my whole point is a top 5 offense + an average defense = nfc east champs..we've seen this recipe before...it worked..defense was just as mediocre when jeremy mincey led us with 6 sacks in 2014 and we won 12 games...

I wasn't proclaiming the Cowboys head and shoulders better than everyone else...just stating of all the offseason moves made in the east, the skins are the team that "worries" me...

Maybe I'm banking too much on recapturing that same recipe....got me in here jonesin :pimp:

We don't have anything to lose by signing Foster.

Low risk/high reward

Romo won't play healthy a full season. He's got too many miles and mad injuries. That defense is worse than last year. Love the OL, think Dez will have a great season and I love the Zeke pick. They could win the division.

Eagles gotta new coach, new system. Not a fan of their offense but their defense is good. She arts is a clown but he's a good DC. That defense might be good enough to win the division.

Giants biggest problem is the OL. Should have drafted Tunsil. I hope Reese is gone after the season. Defense is automatically better because it can't be as bad as last year. Eli been great, our rookie WR is looking serious too. Giants could win the division.

Washington won it last year. They automatically are the favorites to win it again this year. I don't remember their moves other than Norman.

Another season of four okay teams battling it out. 9-7 will probably win it again.

Last edited:

Marc Anthony
Gloria Estefan
Emilio Estefan
Fergie
Serena Williams
Venus Williams

as partners.

Which has no relevance what so ever to anything I said. But why pay attention know what I mean?

Which has no relevance what so ever to anything I said. But why pay attention know what I mean?

It was just for jokes :lol: I think a healthy Foster is a great pickup for any team. Surprised he didn't catch on somewhere else sooner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom