THE LEBRON 13 THREAD *Elites released**Command Force 6/11/16

The all-star logos on the back appear to be Velcro patches. There's some nice detail, but probably not enough to save the shoe for me. That green just isn't working.....

Patches?
We talkin bout patches?

I believe this shoe plays well.
My problem is that I look at it and see too many add ons, bells, whistles, crazy non foot related shapes and now patches.
That doesn't really tell me they were too concerned with maximizing performance.
I get that they need to look techy for price justification but I feel like they really could have followed function a little more on this one.

I don't mind the olive colorway, just don't understand it's place on this shoe for this ASG game, given the location, colors, theme. 

But apparently it's not the only shoe Nike is throwing this "Military olive" on...

these things are making the ASG 12s look like Big Bangs

theres officially no hope for the 13s

All star 12's
smokin.gif

Last edited:
What if Nike is making these bad on purpose so that they force you to buy the All Star ID options? Genius. 

Wait for the Instagram pictures of people wearing them and stepping in some guacamole

Last edited:
I can't wait till Lebron ASGs hit the outlets. I love olive and guac.

BHM lebrons were also pretty dope.

Last edited:
I don't mind the olive colorway, just don't understand it's place on this shoe for this ASG game, given the location, colors, theme. 

I'm interested in finding out the inspiration.......though it obviously seems to be a military theme of some sort. Maybe it's supposed to resemble a classic Canadian Air Force jet, or a paratrooper type of thing, with that weird tongue made to look like a parachute or something. I'm know I'm probably way off, just thinking out loud here....

Whatever the case, it's a more interesting inspiration than last year. The AS XII are nice, but that supposed Flatiron inspiration was so weak.

​
I'm interested in finding out the inspiration.......though it obviously seems to be a military theme of some sort. Maybe it's supposed to resemble a classic Canadian Air Force jet, or a paratrooper type of thing, with that weird tongue made to look like a parachute or something. I'm know I'm probably way off, just thinking out loud here....

Whatever the case, it's a more interesting inspiration than last year. The AS XII are nice, but that supposed Flatiron inspiration was so weak.
I feel like if you know the city they are playing in, have seen the uniforms, and seen the shoes, and can't figure out the "inspiration" for the colorways without reading their story, they either failed or are trying to hard.  

Some of my favorite colorways were pretty obvious when you looked at them, Red (west) vs. Blue (east), Orlando-space travel, Houston-aliens, New Orleans-Gumbo League.  

Last edited:
I get that........but Toronto doesn't have the benefit of an obvious space-star connection like Orlando and Houston have to the game. So I can forgive Nike for looking for a more specific inspiration. And who knows.....maybe it's not even about Toronto....in this case they have an entire country to work with, so maybe they looked outside the city.

Back
Top Bottom