THE LEBRON 13 THREAD *Elites released**Command Force 6/11/16

My elite's came in the mail today and the elite's are a lot softer than the regular 13's. The weight is about the same and the shoe is a little more secure than the regular 13's. My only gripe is the leather on the toe area. The paint on the leather will probably easily chip and the red leather sort of makes the shoe look like a clown shoe. Im probably going to return my red pair and wait until the black pair drops.

Yeah I just don't know what happen to this year's Lebron line. The price decline for starters was big surprise to me. Only one pair of the EXTS model. Haven't seen or heard of anything else dropping. Then they finally make a decent Cavs cw for once and it went straight to the outlets smh. Only one pair of lows and no pair of mids for me. 13's have been a big big and I say BIG dissapointment. Hope they go back to the drawing board for the 14s or I might be jumping on the KD 9 train for a lil bit.....

Surprising that the Cavs pair went straight to outlets in the US. Seems like it got a proper release here in Canada; up on Nike.ca and I think I saw it collecting dust with some others at Foot Locker. IMO, it's the best looking colorway along with the Black/Purple/Gold pair that released in 2015.

Still probably not going to pull the trigger on this model, though if the aforementioned pairs get to $100 here I'll definitely take a flyer on them.

Yeah I just don't know what happen to this year's Lebron line. The price decline for starters was big surprise to me. Only one pair of the EXTS model. Haven't seen or heard of anything else dropping. Then they finally make a decent Cavs cw for once and it went straight to the outlets smh. Only one pair of lows and no pair of mids for me. 13's have been a big big and I say BIG dissapointment. Hope they go back to the drawing board for the 14s or I might be jumping on the KD 9 train for a lil bit.....

Consumers are tired of overpaying for very average sneakers.

14's been done. Ain't no going back to the drawing board on those babies.

They said we're not even gonna bother trying to sell these on the site 
Smart move by them for sure. They really should have released some more innovative colorways. Feels like they played it so safe.

damn straight to outlet! one of the best CW imo 
Has Nike basically admitted that this model was a failure? It makes me wonder if anyone over there got fired for it.. I don't understand how they could create such bad cws for the shoe and how these designs even got passed in the Lebron division in Nike Basketball. 

I'm really curious how they are going to approach the 14 but I'm guessing they're going to handle it with a different strategy...

Need NBA Store to drop those grey lows.
nerd.gif

I actually love the elite colorway. Reminds me of the Soldier 1s that he wore in the playoffs in 2007, also against the pistons.

Last edited:
How is Nike justifying pricing Elites the same as the regular versions? That's pretty awkward. 

This has happened in the past. Nike keeps raising prices until consumers push back then they drop 'em. Demand and hype increase and they'll keep incrementing the prices, till it caps out and repeat the whole process again. Happened in the late 80s and early 90s, then again in the early 00s. This rinse and repeat cycle has been overdue for about 3-4 years so Nike's actually done really good for themselves.

That said why are some of you cats miffed at the price reductions? Aren't you'll glad to have some extra change in the pocket?

As far as Nike is concerned the margins on these products are huge so there's barely any hit to their bottom line. Also look at the sheer amount of colourways they are churning out for a single model in the past few years vs. the earlier models. Then you factor this across their Durant, Kobe, etc... and the rest of Nike basketball. Finally you add in the sheer number of retro and inline product being churned out by Jordan brand. Nike ain't feeling awkward as they own Jordan brand so while one business is tapering the other is just grown exponentially.

It's safe to say that Jordan brand demand is at an all time high so conversely Nike basketball is going to suffer as the target consumer cannot afford to buy both. I know some of you guys keep talking about the UA Curry sneaker but that single product has NO impact on Nike as a whole. UA does not have the brand presence or marketing acumen that Nike has. For crying out loud, GSW broke the regular season record just last week (73-9), yet Nike/JB have been ramming the 72-10 CHI record (with product) down the consumers throat for the past 2 decades.

On the subject of the multiple colourways for the Lebron line in the past few years; Nike was targeting the consumer with the 'Pokemon - Gotta catch (buy) 'em all mentality' and it worked. Now the consumer is older and no longer has the Pokemon mentality so Nike's adjusting.

It's business as usual.

This has happened in the past. Nike keeps raising prices until consumers push back then they drop 'em. Demand and hype increase and they'll keep incrementing the prices, till it caps out and repeat the whole process again. Happened in the late 80s and early 90s, then again in the early 00s. This rinse and repeat cycle has been overdue for about 3-4 years so Nike's actually done really good for themselves.

That said why are some of you cats miffed at the price reductions? Aren't you'll glad to have some extra change in the pocket?

As far as Nike is concerned the margins on these products are huge so there's barely any hit to their bottom line. Also look at the sheer amount of colourways they are churning out for a single model in the past few years vs. the earlier models. Then you factor this across their Durant, Kobe, etc... and the rest of Nike basketball. Finally you add in the sheer number of retro and inline product being churned out by Jordan brand. Nike ain't feeling awkward as they own Jordan brand so while one business is tapering the other is just grown exponentially.

It's safe to say that Jordan brand demand is at an all time high so conversely Nike basketball is going to suffer as the target consumer cannot afford to buy both. I know some of you guys keep talking about the UA Curry sneaker but that single product has NO impact on Nike as a whole. UA does not have the brand presence or marketing acumen that Nike has. For crying out loud, GSW broke the regular season record just last week (73-9), yet Nike/JB have been ramming the 72-10 CHI record (with product) down the consumers throat for the past 2 decades.

On the subject of the multiple colourways for the Lebron line in the past few years; Nike was targeting the consumer with the 'Pokemon - Gotta catch (buy) 'em all mentality' and it worked. Now the consumer is older and no longer has the Pokemon mentality so Nike's adjusting.

It's business as usual.

Yeah I also think that it's harder to sell shoes on a losing team (Cle) when Lebron was on the Heat and winning Championships, it was easier for them to sell more sneakers. Don't get me wrong, I think his fanbase will buy the shoes regardless but when you're winning, more people are drawn toward the product. I honestly don't think Cle will be able to win this year, given how incredibly good GS and SA are in the West so I think hype for the Lebron line will continue to go downward and the price decreases (such as on the Elites) will come along with it.

I 100% agree with you that Nike will make money at the end of the day though.

Back
Top Bottom