THE LEBRON 13 THREAD *Elites released**Command Force 6/11/16

Take his name off the shoe and price these at $89.99 Retail, and they'd sit until they hit Ross for $29 bucks.
Word. All 3 sig shoes just look like random nikes at the moment... none of them possess that "signature athlete" look. Kobes have been stripped down to as basic of a shoe as you can get before you have a Cortez, KDs look like some bum airmax for people with no balance and the Lebrons look like some Hyperquickness/Hyperdunk BS you'd find in a FSR at Ross/Marshalls :smh:

Kinda is the theme tho.... That's why these athletes have endorsements. We tend to buy the signature shoes vs the nike basketball shoes.

Word. All 3 sig shoes just look like random nikes at the moment... none of them possess that "signature athlete" look. Kobes have been stripped down to as basic of a shoe as you can get before you have a Cortez, KDs look like some bum airmax for people with no balance and the Lebrons look like some Hyperquickness/Hyperdunk BS you'd find in a FSR at Ross/Marshalls :smh:
You forgot Kyries. For me the 1 looks nice

Kinda is the theme tho.... That's why these athletes have endorsements. We tend to buy the signature shoes vs the nike basketball shoes.
What do you mean? Nike is making them look stripped down to blur the lines a bit?
You forgot Kyries. For me the 1 looks nice
:rofl: Kyries... I'd rather buy the Air Monarchs.

I'm saying that's the theme. The name makes a big difference in perception. You may not remember, but this definitely isn't new. The lebron 7s looked liked the hyperdunks/hyperizes that released around that time. They just had an air bubble instead.

View media item 1701467View media item 1701468

Last edited:
I always thought they looked like a stripped down hypermax... never bothered with them because the Maxes looked better. But the last round of sig shoes looked very distinctive to what we have this time.

I always thought they looked like a stripped down hypermax... never bothered with them because the Maxes looked better. But the last round of sig shoes looked very distinctive to what we have this time.

Yea, things may just be coming full circle I guess. I used to joke that you would know the next bron tech by looking at the hyper____ line for that year :lol:

At the end of the day tho, a lot of these shoes wouldn't get any play from us without the name especially for the price of admission.

roll.gif
laugh.gif

My 2 cents on the 9....

First color wasn't the black and red. It was actually the Kentucky. I remember falling in love with those when my mans sent me the pic of the shipment.

I'm not sure they are classics yet in the eye of the general public. If they were, I think the resell of them would have withstood the test of time which isn't the case as of now. I think the only one that carries a high value is the big bangs. Even the Miami vice elites can be had for not too far from its retail. Same as the China.

I also remember a lot of people saying the actual silhouette of the 9 wasn't what made it great more than the love being a function of the color execution. Colors on the 9 were A+. Really well done by nike. In fact, we get a lot of the 9 colors on the newer brons due to their popularity.

This!!! All of this right here. And yes most of the college colors seems to hit first because opening day wasn't until Christmas Day (Heat/Mavs) and the Xmas 9's were his first on court wear of the 9. CW's def made that shoe although the shape was pretty good and the Elites were :pimp: The only thing that bugged me was the Pro Combat in the ankle. Sometimes tore my ish up, depending on the CW.

Everything will become a classic...........eventually.

Give it a generation or two.
agreed.

some people will like them. some people don't. that's just how it is. 

only the LeBron 2 is classic to me imo. the laser print looked awesome and the double stack zoom was comfy. not to mention great lockdown and traction.

agreed.

some people will like them. some people don't. that's just how it is. 

only the LeBron 2 is classic to me imo. the laser print looked awesome and the double stack zoom was comfy. not to mention great lockdown and traction.
smokin.gif

With respect to all of the nt ogs in here...it's all subjective.

Make this model flyknit multi color and this thread is at 300 pages. Same shoe and all.

With lack of casual appeal aside, it really isn't a bad looking shoe.

I love the love for the 9s in this thread. I thought I was alone in the love of the 9s. This shoe has potential. Colorways save every lebron since the 9 with the exception of maybe the 10 because they're so close to the 8s.

While the PE's were better when lebron was in Miami, I'm sure thw 13 PE's will make some more turn this year just like some of the 12s PE's did.

With respect to all of the nt ogs in here...it's all subjective.

Make this model flyknit multi color and this thread is at 300 pages. Same shoe and all.

With lack of casual appeal aside, it really isn't a bad looking shoe.

I think people are more disappointed in them looking plain than anything.

IMO it's still too early to pass judgement and I'm patiently waiting for a CLE colorway.

I really hope that this Mens vs GS confusion is put to rest this week. It's crazy that we are a month away and don't know for sure. I gotta admit, some of those pics make the shoe look big enough to be Men's.....I guess it's a toddler holding it up? *shrugs* 

I wonder if the eyelets are the same as on the XII and they are all breaking 
laugh.gif
 ......jk......semi srs......

I think people are more disappointed in them looking plain than anything.

IMO it's still too early to pass judgement and I'm patiently waiting for a CLE colorway.

You're right

Sometimes there are masterpieces in minimalism though.

At the end of the day tho, a lot of these shoes wouldn't get any play from us without the name especially for the price of admission.

I completely agree 100%
View media item 1702018

I thought brons were going the way of jordans from the 1 to the 4.
What i mean by that is jordans 1 - 4 were unique in that each shoe was totally different....it wasnt as much an evolution but a whole new design. Matter fact any jordan to jordan. Look at 11 - 14 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

The lebron 1 thru 4 and the 11 are the only ones that are unique like that. The rest of his sigs look like a nike zoom....nike air max....nike zoom max "whatever" 12 was a little more progressive tho.

Im not saying the others are ugly but theyre really not unique imho.
Look at the 6 7 8 up there....they could b a non sig.
But theres alot of factors that make something classic

the sentimentality factor for ex... There was prolly sum little kid sittin in front of the tv when bron won the chip in the 9s who knows nothing about sneakers but he remembers those. Wen he grows up hes probably gonna covet those.

Lots of other things.

But like someone previous stated its all really subjective but thats how i feel.
I think the direction brons are going in now is good.

And the 5...i just don't know wtf happened there.

Last edited:
Nike should bless us with a zoom power release. I swear I was ready to buy that shoe and was bummed when it got canned for the shoe we actually got :smh:

Back
Top Bottom