THE LEBRON 13 THREAD *Elites released**Command Force 6/11/16

So if I understand this correctly, if someone comes in third in a race for first, according to what was just said up there, they still win because they may be more influential.

Yeah, that makes sense.

One plus one does not equal two, because you didn't add the plus.
Well yeah pioneering something doesn't always bring it to the masses.

Apple didn't invent mp3 players or smartphones but they made them well and functional at an acheivable price point and so coined the marketshare first. Kobe is definitely the player who has changed views on wearing hightops. Not that any of this matters though.

I agree with @The Collector in many ways, so many people disregard the kobe highs for lame reasons eg. womens boots or look gay. The fit is awesome and I honestly recommend it to anyone who plays. Do they offer anything that the lows don't, not really but confidence in your ankles due to a tight but flexible fit is amazing. 

The KDs do look a little like airmaxes, especially with the pronounced heel and breathable fly-whatever. Anyone who disregards them because of this is only doing themselves a disservice. they will be great shoes but some people won't like them.

I hate most kicks when they are leaked, but as the pics and colourways come out they grow on me. except Lebron 9-11 which I loved from get go. Kobe IX had an amazing cw to kick off and so I was intrigued by the cut. I don't feel the need to post my hate though. 

I wish NT threads had more discussion like this instead of a silhouette leak and then 3 pages of "this shoe is wack", "remember when shoes were $50", "nike is literally raping us", 

So if I understand this correctly, if someone comes in third in a race for first, according to what was just said up there, they still win because they may be more influential.

Yeah, that makes sense.

One plus one does not equal two, because you didn't add the plus.

WOW! Dude are you serious? Let me say this so even you can understand it.

JORDAN NEVER HAD A SIGNATURE SNEAKER THAT WAS ONLY A LOW. You get it now? Kobe has more sigs and IMO made it a common thing to have lows as sigs. KD came after Kobe in regards to this. It's not about who had the first low. That was NEVER my point.

Show me the Nash 1,2 and 3. He promoted Nike but didn't have a line. Gilbert Arenas Gil 0 didn't exactly take off as a classic in anyway. I highly doubt most people know what a Gil 0 is honestly.

Comprehension is on empty on NT sometimes. Smh

Last edited:
Just report or block the dude. This incompletely derailing the thread at this point

Well yeah pioneering something doesn't always bring it to the masses.

Apple didn't invent mp3 players or smartphones but they made them well and functional at an acheivable price point and so coined the marketshare first. Kobe is definitely the player who has changed views on wearing hightops. Not that any of this matters though.

I agree with @The Collector in many ways, so many people disregard the kobe highs for lame reasons eg. womens boots or look gay. The fit is awesome and I honestly recommend it to anyone who plays. Do they offer anything that the lows don't, not really but confidence in your ankles due to a tight but flexible fit is amazing. 

The KDs do look a little like airmaxes, especially with the pronounced heel and breathable fly-whatever. Anyone who disregards them because of this is only doing themselves a disservice. they will be great shoes but some people won't like them.

I hate most kicks when they are leaked, but as the pics and colourways come out they grow on me. except Lebron 9-11 which I loved from get go. Kobe IX had an amazing cw to kick off and so I was intrigued by the cut. I don't feel the need to post my hate though. 

I wish NT threads had more discussion like this instead of a silhouette leak and then 3 pages of "this shoe is wack", "remember when shoes were $50", "nike is literally raping us", 
Pioneering something doesn't always bring it to the masses.

Yeah.

However, marketing may make people think that they invented something.

I guess Elvis really did invent Rock and Roll, Paul Whiteman invented Jazz, and Eminem invented rap.

Just report or block the dude. This incompletely derailing the thread at this point

Welcome to NT. Thread would be absolutely dead without me in it. I was the only person who provided a topic yesterday. What am I derailing exactly? Where are the 13 pics and news missed because of our convo?

Besides many had a opinion on the topic. I wasn't debating myself.

Last edited:
Not exactly sure what the argument/debate is about, but from what I saw a few things need to be corrected. Jordan started the low top for his shoe beginning with the Air Jordan 1. From the silhouette of the picture the LeBron 13 looks like the Adidas D. Rose 1, mixed with the Jordan Trunner. In regards to low tops non sig we can go all the way back to Chuck Taylors, Blazers, Court something, and etc., I like Kobes, but it's nothing new. Just like Kobe high cut shoes are nothing new, if anything old school high top Air Force, Commander, Flights are more boot like then Kobe. Yep, wheat shoes are more boot like too in the color and material aspect. Looking forward to these and oh there will be a Kobe 11 and 12! ;-)

I ended with 4 LeBron 12 colorways by choice, looking forward to see what the 13 is about, even if it's ugly! Haha!

Let me clear up what I meant about lows. I never said Kobe was the first to have a low top shoe. I said Kobe was the first basketball player to consistently have lows as the base model. The Jordan 1s base model was a high, not a low. Beside the 14 that's actually a mid, MJ has no signature shoe that's main model is low. All high/mids with low versions. Kobe is the opposite. Lows with mid and high versions.

I don't consider Nash or Gil as low top signature trend setters as their sneakers were never as popular as Kobes. The influence wasn't the same.

All good homie, no need to clear anything, as well if it came across this way, I was NOT trying to come at you, plus I believe we were saying some of the same things just in different ways. As far people fussing about "derailing" the thread, the Lebron 12 thread and a number of others have been hella derailed by people including mods and etc. In regards to where you were coming from with a sig low, being the base model, I gotcha now, which actually answered one of my questions. Yes, the Jordan14 was a mid, with a low, like Jordan did for the 1,2,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,19, and later on the 5,6,8,9.

Very curious to see what has been cooked up for the LeBron 13. Question, is the guy (can't remember his name) who did the Lebron's that made the comment about D. Rose injury still doing the LeBron's?

I really wanna know where they're going with this
1st images of the XII's I was on the fence but just like the rest of the LeBron signature line they found a place in my collection
From a description I read on what they'll feature seems like they'll be a great performer

Last edited:
This Nike Court Flare looks very similar to the shadow shown with the product description. Might give us an idea of what it may look like..
Nike-Introduces-The-NikeCourt-Flare-For-Serena-Williams-5-580x264.jpg

This Nike Court Flare looks very similar to the shadow shown with the product description. Might give us an idea of what it may look like..
Nike-Introduces-The-NikeCourt-Flare-For-Serena-Williams-5-580x264.jpg

Yoooo...

Jason Petrie probably finessed these something nice, these ***** probably cold as hell. :pimp:

You must be joking. Ha ha ha

We haven't seen a pic but low = runners to this guy obviously. An people tell me folks don't generalize like that. Yeah ok NT.

Um ya I'm gonna need you "not" to reply to me anymore lmfao

Why? You said "low top running shoes" blah blah blah without seeing a picture yet. Read the first post on the previous page then read your own post and tell me how a person should decipher it. It was ironic what you said. Made a point for me. I actually owe you a rep for it.

Seriously I'm genuinely interested to know what you meant. Tired of dudes making post making it seem like I don't know what I'm talking about. Then when I school em they just stop posting and leave quietly.

Last edited:
Welcome to NT. Thread would be absolutely dead without me in it. I was the only person who provided a topic yesterday. What am I derailing exactly? Where are the 13 pics and news missed because of our convo?

Besides many had a opinion on the topic. I wasn't debating myself.
lmao dude said welcome to NT.

lmao dude said welcome to NT.

AZG 1st game was around the time I became a member. That was over 10 years ago. I've gone through a few names but have never been banned. You had a derailment issue as if every NT thread doesn't get detailed from time to time.

So yeah, welcome.

Last edited:
AZG 1st game was around the time I became a member. That was over 10 years ago. I've gone through a few names but have never been banned. You had a derailment issue as if every NT thread doesn't get detailed from time to time.

So yeah, welcome.
lmao.

u dont know who i am.

put some proactive and rinse b

A lot of NON Lebron talk in here. Anyway, I'm very interested in seeing this Hex Max set-up. Hopefully the way it sounds the zoom units will be hexed-shaped air max pods or something of that magnitude.

I'm a older sneaker head myself and come from the era of leather and nubuck kicks. Nevertheless, I'm also in favor of the new tech and innovative ideas Nike is incorporating into today's shoes. I guess the idea of a true performance shoe for any top athlete such as Lebron would be to make the shoe as quick and light as possible. A breathable lightweight shoe with a dynamic fit and superb comfort is key.

Nike should consider making a on court performance shoe for the athletes itself. Then make another line of the shoes made of leather grain and/or nubuck and make those shoes as an Elite or EXT. I know this wouldn't please everybody but it's an idea for those that like leather upper better.

It was a lot of folks that complain about the posite being too stiff. Well performance wise it would be great support for the ankles. Also over time, constantly playing in them would loosen them up.

Last post 15 hours ago. What was I thinking when I "derailed" this lively thread. Ha ha ha

Let me get the 13 talk started again because none of the complainers have a thing to add to this thread. They just wanna complain and leave obviously.

I like the idea the homie TPG threw out there about a Carnivore type construction. If that's the case would this be the first laceless signature shoe? Am I missing one already?

Last edited:
Why? You said "low top running shoes" blah blah blah without seeing a picture yet. Read the first post on the previous page then read your own post and tell me how a person should decipher it. It was ironic what you said. Made a point for me. I actually owe you a rep for it.

Seriously I'm genuinely interested to know what you meant. Tired of dudes making post making it seem like I don't know what I'm talking about. Then when I school em they just stop posting and leave quietly.
You really proud of "schooling" people on the internet lmao?

Back
Top Bottom