THE LEBRON 13 THREAD *Elites released**Command Force 6/11/16

A few people say it all the time...nothing is going to change unless people just stop buying. I mean at deep disco I guess sends the message to Nike that nobody is buying a downgraded shoe for $200 but who knows. And they can't tell me that they're "saving" extra Zoom pods for the Elite...giving us "regular" cushioning for an Elite price? Come on...Nike is really trying to insult people with this release. The shoe itself is fine for what it is. No qualms about it really. But these little things (pods, box, price point...) Oh well...

Don't even bother Dc30, you'll have cats come in here defending one-piece, mesh/plastic uppers and foam (non-Air) cushioning as performance innovations and the stripping away of signature touches (special boxes, laces, cards, etc...) as irrelevant while price points continually increase.

Nike knows their target demographic and they are fully aware that they can get away with what they are doing with no repercussion.

nike-lebron-13-gr-mulberry-1-14.jpg
I really don't get the point of putting that piece of posite in the center. 

Don't even bother Dc30, you'll have cats come in here defending one-piece, mesh/plastic uppers and foam (non-Air) cushioning as performance innovations and the stripping away of signature touches (special boxes, laces, cards, etc...) as irrelevant while price points continually increase.

Nike knows their target demographic and they are fully aware that they can get away with what they are doing with no repercussion.

Repped for 100% accuracy sir.

To piggyback of the bolded statement...I think there are a few of us here who have definitely outgrown the "target demographic"...and read that however you guys want to. Age, priorities, value of their dollar, tired of being insulted...

Last edited:
I don't understand why they are pushing another logo on the heel area.. Seems like LBJ has way too many logos. The first logo with 23 was great but I understand that after he went to Miami his logo needed to be updated. The whole dunkman was not gonna last because it's just so similar to MJ's... The current LJ with the crown on top is perfect imo. It's completely different from MJs signature look and incorporates some modernism which reflects the significant design element of LBJ's career timeline. This new logo.. I don't know.. 

I don't believe the logo on the back is suppose to be a Lebron James replacement logo. But more like a themed logo for specific story lines or themes that Nike may come up with, the same way they did with the medial side of the X's and on the pull tag on the back of the 12's as well as some other Lebrons.
Lebron X
View media item 1720183View media item 1720184View media item 1720185
Lebron XII
View media item 1720186View media item 1720188View media item 1720189
As far as the Dunkman log not lasting??? You have me totally losed with that statement because the Dunkman version of the Lebron Signature line has been on every model since the Lebron 2's. I wont take up any more page space and post ALL of the pics of Lebron Dunkmans, but rather a simple link to get you better educated on the Lebron Dunkman "series"

http://nikelebron.net/the_collection/dunkman/

Last edited:
I don't believe the logo on the back is suppose to be a Lebron James replacement logo. But more like a themed logo for specific story lines or themes that Nike may come up with, the same way they did with the medial side of the X's and on the pull tag on the back of the 12's as well as some other Lebrons.
Lebron X

Lebron XII

As far as the Dunkman log not lasting??? You have me totally losed with that statement because the Dunkman version of the Lebron Signature line has been on every model since the Lebron 2's. I wont take up any more page space and post ALL of the pics of Lebron Dunkmans, but rather a simple link to get you better educated on the Lebron Dunkman "series"

http://*************.com/news/the-history-of-dunkman-lebrons/
I think I mislead you on some areas but I was talking more about the main logo. dunkman logo reference was bad on my end.. I thought at some point it would become a main logo but that wasn't the case. Anyways, all of the "themed" logos don't really have a reference to Lebron's initials only the 2 main logos do. And when I say "main logo" I mean Regardless of which themed shoe it is this logo is always on the shoe. So with that said, I'm just wondering since it clearly looks like this new logo on the heel area represents L, and J, I'm not understanding the introduction of this 3rd Initial driven logo. I might be digging too deep and overthinking it before they officially announce this model but just my thought. 

They should've stuck to more traditional cw for the dunkmans, not mad at the blk/pyro but I think the grey or black and volt on these would've been money.

You don't own any Nike retros? Not 1 Jordan retro in your collection?

Everything you said about price and subpar materials goes for the ENTIRE retro Nike and JB line for about 15 years now. If you don't own any your argument holds weight. If you do your part of the problem.

Repped for 100% accuracy sir.

To piggyback of the bolded statement...I think there are a few of us here who have definitely outgrown the "target demographic"...and read that however you guys want to. Age, priorities, value of their dollar, tired of being insulted...
don't forget frustration and brand switching

Everything you said about price and subpar materials goes for the ENTIRE retro Nike and JB line for about 15 years now. If you don't own any your argument holds weight. If you do your part of the problem.
i do as you can see in my sig, but there purely for nostalgia, at this point i'm not even sure why i buy since i don't wear them at all, they just sit in a closet.

To put things in perspective, we're talking about Nike's flagship shoe here - the LBJ XIII, not a Nike/JB retro and you really should not be comparing the two products. There are certain expectations of the former.

To put things in perspective, we're talking about Nike's flagship shoe here - the LBJ XIII, not a Nike/JB retro and you really should not be comparing the two products. There are certain expectations of the former.

As far as value on the dollar, no, there is no comparison. But since they are priced similar, its fair to compare and expect similar standards.

Get over the marketing of "innovation" and judge the product for what it is. Once you've decided it looks decent enough to purchase at any price, judge it on predictable durability, comfort and fit. Then pay what YOU feel is justifiable. Retail on a Lebron that's not crazy limited really means nothing.

Boxes and cards do not aid in justifying retail to the avg consumer. That's silly sneakerhead stuff.

Back
Top Bottom