THE LEBRON 13 THREAD *Elites released**Command Force 6/11/16

Number 1 purpose is looks and colors. Nike is tryna sell sneakers. If that's the case they can save a lot of money making one solid color and be done with it.

The basketball sneaker for basketball only is a tired argument. Who wears runners only for running or trainers only for training? Only people who do that is allowed to spew that opinion. If you don't then your a hypocrite.

i am pretty sure nike basketball has never designed a shoe with looks and colors as their number 1 priority. it was always functionality and innovation and colors to highlight technology. most of the time they translated well casually. sometimes (and now mostly) they're a miss casually.

of course things are a bit different now (colorway wise) but the goal is still the same.

Last edited:
I disagree. FK was new tech for the Kobe 9. The design of the shoe directly impacts how that tech works. Like a car engine. You wouldn't put a race engine inside a Hummer. You build the body to accommodate the engine. If anything it goes hand and hand.

I seriously doubt Nike says here's new tech to their designers and cares not how they incorporate it.

I disagree. FK was new tech for the Kobe 9. The design of the shoe directly impacts how that tech works. Like a car engine. You wouldn't put a race engine inside a Hummer. You build the body to accommodate the engine. If anything it goes hand and hand.

I seriously doubt Nike says here's new tech to their designers and cares not how they incorporate it.

disagree all you want. but dating back to the beginning of the company they have always said that they design shoes around innovation and functionality, then incorporate colors to highlight that tech (this is where colors like volt and infrared were born). aesthetics of the shoe has always come after that. its just fortunate that the shoes crossed over into pop culture...with the help of marketing and MJ, bo jackson etc etc.

i am not just pulling this out of my cornhole. all you have to do is go on youtube and watch a few documentaries on nike. i used to work for nike (corporate) so this is a part of your "nike bible" per se.

back in the days, leather was for strength and stability, mesh was for breathability

now...

hyperfuse and flywire. did they expose that flywire and make it pink so that you'll want to wear it with your tight chinos or joggers? NO. they did it to highlight the technology itself FIRST. it just so happens that it catches your eye as well.

as stated before, now things are different with colorways though. but the principles remain the same.

Kings Pride are the GREATEST LEBRONS EVER!
2vv05n7.jpg

I'll say it. I honestly never understood the massive amount of love the King's Pride got. It was nice, I won't deny that, but I still think the Xl had many colorways that were better.

EDIT:

View media item 1636012

Last edited:
I'll say it. I honestly never understood the massive amount of love the King's Pride got. It was nice, I won't deny that, but I still think the Xl had many colorways that were better.

I agree with you 100%. KP were nice, but not even top 3 cw of the XIs. Thats JUST MY OPINION tho :lol:

laugh.gif
 @ Y'all acting like these never happened.

championship-nike-lebron-9-elite-ebay-4.jpg

BlHpKyMCMAA6CCn.jpg

But the Kings Prides are right below the Championship 9 Elites and right above the Crown Jewels.

The 7's to the 11's really were classic.

12's were okay.

It's looking kind of quiet for these but I gotta see more colors and angles. And adult sizes lol.

11 had a ton of nice colorways.
King's Pride, BHM, Gator King, Gamma Blue, Hornets, Terracotta Warrior, Jades, Miami Nights, Akron vs Miami, Forging Iron.

BHM 11 are still my 2nd favorite Lebron next to the Red Elite 9s.

Last edited:
They say that things aren't appreciated in their time.

All of these Lebrons will one day be sought after.

Yall better stock up.

I know the 10s are loved, but I still think they were just a remake of the 8, so lebron could have an "iconic design" for his 11th shoe like MJ.

Enough with the huge toe swoosh already

I'm beyond tired of that **** too :smh:

It comes off as being just lazy to me on pretty much every shoe that has it except for the Griffey Max 1 and whatever those futbol cleats that use them are called.

It's like designers gave up on figuring out creative ways to incorporate a swoosh or ways to design an upper that allow them not even use one/throw a tiny one in somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom