The loss of intrest in sneakers?

haven't lost interest, just going to only drop money on shoes that i actually want now...instead of trying to get every damn release.

i've had enough attention drawn to me in college when i had pairs and pairs of jordans, I want to be low key now.

I'll never lose interest in shoes. It's a family thing now. I've had to slow down though
because I have 3 sons, my wife, and sometimes my dad to buy for. Plus I live 5 minutes
away from a Nike outlet so I can't escape due to the fact that my dad sends me there
all the time to look for school shoes for him. (he's a teacher) If it's in you,
it's in you. My dad is 57 and still loves shoes

I'll never lose interest in shoes. It's a family thing now. I've had to slow down though
because I have 3 sons, my wife, and sometimes my dad to buy for. Plus I live 5 minutes
away from a Nike outlet so I can't escape due to the fact that my dad sends me there
all the time to look for school shoes for him. (he's a teacher) If it's in you,
it's in you. My dad is 57 and still loves shoes

Once I completed my collection I lost some interest. However, browsing the JB and Nike Retro forums the bug is still there. It might always be there. I just know how to control it now. #incrediblehulk

Once I completed my collection I lost some interest. However, browsing the JB and Nike Retro forums the bug is still there. It might always be there. I just know how to control it now. #incrediblehulk

I think some people weren't that "interested" to begin with, as much as they were caught up in a "trend".
This is a broad statement that doesn't apply to most that have lost interest now.

If you were interested in sneakers from 1996-2002 times may have changed and so have priorities.  Some people have familes and mortgages that need to be paid.  Also, hot sneakers came out at an affordable rate as opposed to now.  On top of that back in the day there wasn't such a thing as an exclusive sneaker.  Shoes were hard to find in DS condition because people wore them, but you could still find DS nuggets of gold at swapmeets or mom & pops.  Still remember one of my boys finding a DS pair of '96 Uptempos at a swap meet and bargaining to get them for $50 (
smokin.gif
).

Jordan's were easily available, with most retro + colorways collecting dust.  Now due to demand from "sneakerheads", even retro + and garbage releases get love to the point it's hard getting a discount.

The "Shoe Game" got whored out, sadly.

I love kicks, but I'm ok with the notion of not having to buy every "hot" release.

I think some people weren't that "interested" to begin with, as much as they were caught up in a "trend".
This is a broad statement that doesn't apply to most that have lost interest now.

If you were interested in sneakers from 1996-2002 times may have changed and so have priorities.  Some people have familes and mortgages that need to be paid.  Also, hot sneakers came out at an affordable rate as opposed to now.  On top of that back in the day there wasn't such a thing as an exclusive sneaker.  Shoes were hard to find in DS condition because people wore them, but you could still find DS nuggets of gold at swapmeets or mom & pops.  Still remember one of my boys finding a DS pair of '96 Uptempos at a swap meet and bargaining to get them for $50 (
smokin.gif
).

Jordan's were easily available, with most retro + colorways collecting dust.  Now due to demand from "sneakerheads", even retro + and garbage releases get love to the point it's hard getting a discount.

The "Shoe Game" got whored out, sadly.

I love kicks, but I'm ok with the notion of not having to buy every "hot" release.

I haven't lost interest but there is no time to work when you play college basketball. That's why I'm for them paying athletes.

I haven't lost interest but there is no time to work when you play college basketball. That's why I'm for them paying athletes.

Only buy Jordans nowadays. True classics. I got over the SB hype, the actual dunk model doesnt suit me anymore IMO. Although I still mess with SB blazers. 
pimp.gif

Only buy Jordans nowadays. True classics. I got over the SB hype, the actual dunk model doesnt suit me anymore IMO. Although I still mess with SB blazers. 
pimp.gif

Other priorities but i havent loss interest i just cant find the pairs i like where i live (dominican republic) and paying 65+ for shipping, not happening.
Havent bought a pair of sneakers since the space jams release.

Other priorities but i havent loss interest i just cant find the pairs i like where i live (dominican republic) and paying 65+ for shipping, not happening.
Havent bought a pair of sneakers since the space jams release.

I've lost interest a while ago.
Looking back, I feel like I wasted so much money on shoes.
All the money I spent on shoes could have been used for something more useful.

I've lost interest a while ago.
Looking back, I feel like I wasted so much money on shoes.
All the money I spent on shoes could have been used for something more useful.

Originally Posted by flightman

Yea i been lost the love, once everybody became a "sneakerhead" the scene got wack

this is what first drove me away and then moving out and having stuff to pay for like groceries and rent. Ill still keep a fresh pair on but only willing to pay like 1/4 the prices i used to. If I were rich I would definitely be back in the game but for now i have other priorities.

Originally Posted by flightman

Yea i been lost the love, once everybody became a "sneakerhead" the scene got wack

this is what first drove me away and then moving out and having stuff to pay for like groceries and rent. Ill still keep a fresh pair on but only willing to pay like 1/4 the prices i used to. If I were rich I would definitely be back in the game but for now i have other priorities.

been scalin back, i wouldn't mind just wearin my bred iv's everyday meh

--edit--
and my hoa infrareds, and my am90 neons
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

and maybe my grods
on the fence about keeping my mean green and safari 90s

dammit, who am i kidding
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

been scalin back, i wouldn't mind just wearin my bred iv's everyday meh

--edit--